Thinking of going down the DCCD gearbox set up
But need a controller

And anywhere in the uk stock them
Or is it all USA dealers
Old 17 January 2018, 09:08 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Map DCCD imho very hard to beat and not expensive new.
Old 17 January 2018, 09:24 PM
marshy 2009
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1509joe
Map DCCD imho very hard to beat and not expensive new.

Easy to install?
Old 17 January 2018, 10:08 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Depends if you use all the functions. The more you use the harder it gets but generally yes.
Old 17 January 2018, 11:02 PM
marshy 2009
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by 1509joe
Depends if you use all the functions. The more you use the harder it gets but generally yes.

I would just want it installed for Manuel and auto
That’s all
Old 17 January 2018, 11:03 PM
marshy 2009
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Is that the one?
Old 20 January 2018, 10:31 AM
Evo Bizz
Scooby Regular

Yes that's the one.

The controller is easy to fit and will have all the functions you need and more. Matt who makes them is a geat guy and always willing to answer any emails with great help and advice.

You can download an installation guide from the website so you can check out what you need to do before buying it.
Old 26 January 2018, 06:08 PM
marshy 2009
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Evo Bizz
Yes that's the one.

The controller is easy to fit and will have all the functions you need and more. Matt who makes them is a geat guy and always willing to answer any emails with great help and advice.

You can download an installation guide from the website so you can check out what you need to do before buying it.

Thanks mate much appreciated for the info
Old 26 January 2018, 07:24 PM
GuyG
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I am in the market for a way to control the DCCD box just installed into my '96 GTB. Currently it is running without any control and is horribly biased to the front.

All I am really after is for the box to run 50/50 like the old 5 speed but I want to iron out the fiendish wheel spin from the inside front wheel coming out of fast corners. I have been considering a Syveccs to replace the ESL board in the standard ECU and have heard it has DCCD control functions. Does anyone know if it will be able to do what I want the gearbox to do as described above? If it will not then Map DCCDPro might be the road I have to go down???

Last edited by GuyG; 26 January 2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 26 January 2018, 07:28 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyG
I'm in the market for a way to control the DCCD box just installed into my '96 GTB. Currently it is running without any control and is horribly biased to the front.

All I am really after is for the box to run 50/50 like the old 5 speed but I want to iron out the fiendish wheel spin for the inside front wheel coming out of fast corners. I have been considering a Syveccs to replace the ESL board in the standard ECU and have heard it has DCCD control functions. Does anyone know if it will be able to do what I want described above? If not then Map DCCDPro might be the road I have to go down???
a dccd box runs 65-35 (65 to the rear) so should be a fair bit more bias to the rear not the front , all mine have been very rear end happy lol
Old 30 January 2018, 05:25 PM
GuyG
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by domino46
a dccd box runs 65-35 (65 to the rear) so should be a fair bit more bias to the rear not the front , all mine have been very rear end happy lol
You may be right about that. I have not driven the car hard since fitting the box but went out for a short play today and I can feel the rear LSD working + there is much more under steer. Chucking it into deep corners it pitches in at the front and does not pull out of it like the car did before......not liking it much!
Old 30 January 2018, 09:01 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

You may be right about that. I have not driven the car hard since fitting the box but went out for a short play today and I can feel the rear LSD working + there is much more under steer. Chucking it into deep corners it pitches in at the front and does not pull out of it like the car did before......not liking it much!
syvecs will do what your after, as in it will give you control so you can set it with a thumb wheel (conveniently just clips into the bg5 handbrake surround btw). But this might be an expensive way round it if there's nowt else wrong with the esl.

you could look at the cheaper dccdpro option which is just direct control with the thumb wheel so you can sethen and forget..... I think this version of dccdpro is only about £90, but then you'l need a thumb wheel (2nd hand about £50).

I really would recommend getting the more advanced control of a dccdpro or mapdccd with the g sensors though, what they add is well worth the extra. It distributes grip so well! Nice active front on braking and turn in, then nice and balanced at neutral apex, then ties in the fronts on exit.
Old 30 January 2018, 09:20 PM
GuyG
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Thank you for the reply legacy_gtb,
I know the Syvecs is not a cheap option but I plan on stripping the engine soon for a 2.1, bigger turbo bit of fun and will want it for more control/protection so it might be a tidy way to control both the engine and gearbox.

.......then you explain the benefits of the DCCD G sensor controllers and I find myself being easily sold!
Old 30 January 2018, 09:35 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

Thank you for the reply legacy_gtb,
I know the Syvecs is not a cheap option but I plan on stripping the engine soon for a 2.1, bigger turbo bit of fun and will want it for more control/protection so it might be a tidy way to control both the engine and gearbox.

.......then you explain the benefits of the DCCD G sensor controllers and I find myself being easily sold!
I'll have mine up and running again soon chap, and as soon as it is ill be tracking it as much as possible! Maybe we should do another Keevil day and you can have a play and feel how it works for yourself.
Old 30 January 2018, 09:42 PM
GuyG
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Ahh tis you Will

I'm keen on any and as much track action as possible mate. The 'Ring and Spa was too long ago!
Old 30 January 2018, 09:45 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

Ahh tis you Will

I'm keen on any and as much track action as possible mate. The 'Ring and Spa was too long ago!
the spa bbq was definitely too long ago!
Old 27 March 2018, 01:48 AM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a Syvecs S6 GP in my RA but used a MAPDCCD for the diff control its far easier to change on the fly and easier to choose between the installed maps which are all pretty decent. I used an STI thumbwheel wired via a 5v converter to change the maps and the **** on the controller to change the gain. I also bought a Motec steering angle sensor which can also be used as an input and the guys at MAPDCCD will send a new set of map files which then gives you extra control options when under lock etc. I still have the sensor unopened if anyone is interested.
Old 27 March 2018, 07:38 AM
GuyG
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Great info Arch ............ and pleasing to hear as I took a punt and bought a MapDCCD controller (due to arrive in today's post!).
Old 27 March 2018, 09:07 AM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

Good work Guy, if everything works as it should i think youll be impressed.
Old 27 March 2018, 09:02 PM
GuyG
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Thanks Will

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Controller arrived and has been installed except for the two white wires that connect to the gearbox.

These will be connected tomorrow.

Last edited by GuyG; 27 March 2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 28 March 2018, 11:14 AM
marshy 2009
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I’m waiting for MAPDCCD to take delivery of there new stock so I can place my order
Old 11 April 2018, 10:05 PM
GuyG
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

MapDCCD controller is wired in and working well from what I can tell over the very few 30 miles I have covered so far.

I want to wire in the speed wire but my car has a speedo converter behind the dash cluster (kph from factory) and I am unsure whether to wire it in at the ECU like all the other wires so far or at the speedo converter.

If anyone else has wired in one of these MapDCCD controllers (or any other device) with a speedo converter I will be grateful for your advice/findings.

Cheers, Guy
Old 11 April 2018, 10:17 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

iirc there is an option to in the mapdccd to change mph/kph so at the ecu would be fine and easier. Mine is wired in at the ecu and works fine JDM also
Old 12 April 2018, 10:35 AM
GuyG
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

^^^^thanks^^^^

Just had a reply from Matt at MapDCCD -

"We have a special setup option for speedo converters – in the software setup there is a tickbox to select when using a converter. You should be good to go then.

Alternatively you can tap the VSS signal before it goes into the converter and that will do the same thing."