Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Front left Vibration and

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2017, 03:13 PM
MoggyNinja
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front left Vibration and

Wonder if anyone can shed some light or confirm, when i drive everything seems fine till i get between 40 and 60 mph, i hear a shhhh noise coming from the front left side of the car, if i take my foot off the pedal it stops, then the moment i touch the pedal even lightly but acceleration is happening, the noise returns, i can go on and off the pedal and it does the same thing, noise, no noise, noise, no noise and so on, also if give it a bit and go round a right hand bend so all the weight is going to the left side of the car the front left vibrates, if i do the same around a left hand bend so the weight goes right, nothing, when i bought it, the lad said it needs a new driveshaft on the left, but i have a receipt in the folder that came with the car, saying that side was changed, but the customer provided the part, are these the symptoms of a bad drive shaft and the customer provided a used one that was in no better condition, or could it be something else.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, im considering putting in a brand new complete drive shaft on the left, on the bright side if it was only done in march, it should come out of the hub fairly easy

Cheers