Hydraulic clutch release bearing

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2017, 09:28 AM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydraulic clutch release bearing

How much are they worth?

I have one that was removed from my bugeye, I'm not sure on the make but the only one I've found was on the RCM website.

Thanks W
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0501.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	71115  
Old 26 September 2017, 05:14 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

That's the competition clutch one it's nothing like the RCM one which is much much better quality.
Had one on mine. It failed.

I replaced mine with the RCM/AP racing one.

Your market is very limited as this is only for the Competition Clutch Twinplate clutch.

You'll struggle to sell it. I have a brand new one still sat in it's box that I've not even bothered to try and sell as no one will want it.
Old 26 September 2017, 05:20 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Here's a pic of the RCM one for reference.
Old 26 September 2017, 07:07 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Makes perfect sense as it was a competition twin plate that was fitted. At least I know now.

Cheers
Old 10 October 2020, 10:35 AM
scoobRA
Scooby Regular

i know i dug out an old topic but still...

does the rcm one work only with specific clutches or most push types (not that there are too many of them) ? for example, i have os giken 3 plate and i have some issues i would like to solve.
as this is a push type clutch i use the os giken own clutch fork and its own bearing, it was used with an adaptor in the beginning when using stock location master cylinder to move the fork with this adaptor.

i made my own fitting for the newer slave cylinder that mimics the comp clutch slave cylinder fitting. so that the newer style slave cylinder is now on top of the engine and gearbox mating area, pushing the fork directly. (if you dont know what i mean, google subaru comp clutch 3 disc, and you will see the adaptor)

there is no excessive play, the hydraulic system naturally removes the few mm free play i left between the slave cylinder rod and the fork, so its pretty oem like perfect.
the thing is, the whole fork movement is kinda huge, i can hear when the discs start to rattle, the clutch disengages and by then i have moved my pedal half way, or even more, while even if i push it a little, the fork moves right away. it should be a lot smaller, the pedal movement enough to loose the clucth pack, but now i need to push the pedal almost or maybe even totally to the floor to change a gear

i had the clutch off and it was looking good, and always have, i have few friends running the exact same clutches, just different cars, one is a gtr for example, and they have much smaller fork play, while having the same pressure plate. and the discs arent warped or worn.

can the internal hydraulic slave cylinder, like the rcm one for example fix the issue for me? how would the install look like? it has to be shimmed to correct position?

or what could alter the actual slave cylinder rod moving in relation of the pedal? oem vs aftermarket slave cylinder? hydraulic line size? (smaller line moves the rod more and bigger line less?

Last edited by scoobRA; 10 October 2020 at 05:20 PM.