Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Parts/Refund Never Recieved from Darren@JDM

Old 05 November 2012, 04:48 PM
equinox92
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts/Refund Never Recieved from Darren@JDM **RESOLVED**

RESOLVED!!

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this, or if i should be PMing a mod.. if so if someone can let me know the proper way to deal with this, that would be fantastic.

Well, i wish i never had to make this thread.. but as i've recently stopped getting PMs back about my refund and parts not delivered i see no other option.

So the story goes as such:

I compiled a small list of parts to purchase from Darren@JDM back in May. He said he'd have to tack on a small extra charge for shipping as i am in the United States. Didn't mind at all as i know that shipping overseas is more of a hassle and more expensive, and we don't get a lot of the parts you guys in the UK get here in the states.

On May 21st he sent me a PM saying the parts were waiting for collection. Awesome.

Fast forward early July. I still had not received any parts, and had sent him a PM about them. He said he had forgotten paper work, and he had cleared it up.

On July 20th, i still had not received parts and he sent me a message asking me if anyone had contacted me about a delivery in the states. They hadn't.

We both soon later came to the conclusion that the parts weren't going to arrive, and he agreed on August 8th to refund me.

I sent a money request to him via Google Checkout (the same service i had used to send money in the first place) and for whatever reason it wouldn't work. He was good with communication at this point, so i didn't worry too much about it.

Because it didn't work, he offered to have a friend refund my money via PayPal. That's okay with me, i have PayPal and i don't care how i receive my refund as long as i get it.

Still no refund at the end of August.

September rolls around and he says that his buddy can't send it, and that he has a sending limit on his (newly made i assume) PayPal account. I wait for his sending limit to be lifted and send him a money request.

It is never filled.

The beginning of October come around, and again he says a buddy is going to send me my refund, and i give him my PayPal once again. Still nothing.

The last i have heard from him was on October 16th saying to send another money request to his account. I did so, and have sent multiple reminders via PayPal and i still have no refund.

It's been nearly 6 months and i have no parts, and no money. I am out 160GBP (which is around 250USD). The fact of the matter is that i need this money back, or i need the parts i requested. At this point i'd rather just get my money back and not have to deal with this.

I have sent him a PM with a link to this thread so he can see it, and once again if this was the wrong place for this, or if i need to PM a mod about this.. if someone can please point me in that direction i would be much obliged. I don't frequent this site, and mostly come on here for information on things the US never saw, and to buy parts.

-Garrett

Last edited by equinox92; 02 February 2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05 November 2012, 06:44 PM
Darren@JDM
Former Sponsor

Already PM`d m8

Parts returned to me
Old 09 November 2012, 01:07 AM
equinox92
Scooby Regular

Good stuff. Thanks for getting back to me.

This is in the process of being solved.
Old 21 January 2013, 06:11 PM
equinox92
Scooby Regular

Still not resolved yet.

Darren@JDM requested to mail me a cash refund, which i did not feel comfortable doing as i never received a package from him in the first place, and mailing more things is just silly.

Are there any mods i can PM about this? i really am unsure what to do here.
Old 21 January 2013, 06:18 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

I had a lot of problems with these clownes aswell.

Sent me a mint FMIC with holes in it
Sent me 4 mint vers 1 coil packs which were all cracked. He had the cheek to accuse me of cracking them by removing the rubber caps to check them

Good luck mate but dont hold your breath they are a bunch of inbread ****'s and belong on jeremy kyle
Old 21 January 2013, 11:40 PM
Darren@JDM
Former Sponsor

You already have mulitple PM`s
Old 22 January 2013, 07:36 AM
BlueBugEye
Scooby Regular

Took me a while but I did finally get my refund for parts not delivered......
Old 01 February 2013, 10:36 PM
equinox92
Scooby Regular

Partial refund received.. still waiting on the rest.
Old 01 February 2013, 11:14 PM
McFartenplop
Scooby Regular

Asking a friend to refund on his behalf is pathetic.
Offering to refund via mail is also a joke.

Bank transfers to another country can be done within a week as long as you have the correct info.

I spoke to another user last week who bought an engine from Darren, never arrived. Took two months to get a full refund via numerous paypal accounts.

£20 here, £30 there........

Seems almost a year has gone by now and you stillhavent received your money back????

Alert the mods and post this in the general section
Old 01 February 2013, 11:29 PM
Darren@JDM
Former Sponsor

done tommorow as agreed fella
Old 01 February 2013, 11:38 PM
McFartenplop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Darren@JDM
done tommorow as agreed fella
why has it taken almost a year to refund £160?

Youve been selling on here constantly for that period of time.
Old 01 February 2013, 11:41 PM
Darren@JDM
Former Sponsor

Not that its anything to do with you but i had to get the parts back as i thought they had been delivered
Old 01 February 2013, 11:52 PM
McFartenplop
Scooby Regular

But you agreed to refund on 8th August last year?

Then the parts were returned to you 8th November? So thats still over 2 months since you have had the parts back in your posession and not given the guy his cash back?

Last edited by McFartenplop; 01 February 2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02 February 2013, 12:14 AM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by McFartenplop
Asking a friend to refund on his behalf is pathetic.
Offering to refund via mail is also a joke.

Bank transfers to another country can be done within a week as long as you have the correct info.

I spoke to another user last week who bought an engine from Darren, never arrived. Took two months to get a full refund via numerous paypal accounts.

£20 here, £30 there........

Seems almost a year has gone by now and you stillhavent received your money back????

Alert the mods and post this in the general section

as above i also heard on my local forum of the exact same thing pasrts not being recieved and months going by then getting a tenner here and a tenner there for week afte week after week 3 months later NEARLY got the cash back, THAT IS BANG OUT OF ORDER!!!! couple of times things happen yeah but same exact story time and time again nothng arriving and no refund, i just hate hearing of genuine enthusiasts bening made a **** of on the very forums where they should be safe.

Grant
Old 02 February 2013, 12:24 AM
katana man
Scooby Regular

i know the feeling m8 seems to be the exact same as me with the engine i bought from same company, took me 2 month to get my refund which was paid £25 here and £50 there and so on total disgrace for a company to refund in this manner using several different people to send money to my account, wasnt going to say anything about this but seeing as you have brought it up, still have all the emails etc from my mission for my refund
Old 02 February 2013, 12:26 AM
Darren@JDM
Former Sponsor

but refund recived yes

Last edited by Darren@JDM; 02 February 2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02 February 2013, 12:31 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

If the shoe was on the other foot and someone wanted to pay for a part in the same way would you post it out?
Old 02 February 2013, 12:40 AM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

agree with banny, sending parts out and everyone paying you up a tenner here and there would not be acceptable why is this the case with all the refunds? for parts that seem to go missing every time you send them out?
Old 02 February 2013, 12:41 AM
katana man
Scooby Regular

but refund recived yes
aye four weeks later with several phone calls, texts and emails and a lot of excuses from yerself m8, lets not kid each other on here m8 it was a disgrace for a business to refund somebody the way you did
Old 02 February 2013, 12:44 AM
katana man
Scooby Regular

i can and will quote the reasons you gave along with dates etc if you want
Old 02 February 2013, 12:45 AM
Darren@JDM
Former Sponsor

Trying to keep people happy using cheap courier maybe not the best way to go in the past hence why now using UPS .They are expensive but it gets there , trying to send heavier items overseas also never a good idea.I apologise for your delay in getting a refund
Old 02 February 2013, 12:50 AM
katana man
Scooby Regular

sorry Darren but you know as good as me m8, as far as it goes with my refund somebody was dragging there heels, to get small refunds from several different people and to take four weeks there is absolutely no excuse apart from not wanting to refund m8, i had to chase yerself and be very diplomatic with regards to the matter to ensure i did get a refund
Old 02 February 2013, 12:54 AM
Darren@JDM
Former Sponsor

Again i apologise for that sorry m8
Old 02 February 2013, 12:54 AM
katana man
Scooby Regular

and lets be honest it was only £350 so really there shouldnt have been a problem you where in contact with the courier and apparently knew what was happening with the pallet so should have been refunded straight away. seems too much of a coincidence that the reasons are very similar to the above
Old 02 February 2013, 12:56 AM
katana man
Scooby Regular

even the fact i lost my job due to not having transport to travel to the yard as the engine didnt turn up and i was out of pocket so couldnt go down another avenue to rectify my transport predicament didnt even rush you on m8 bad bad customer service dude
Old 02 February 2013, 01:02 AM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

yeah i have to admit that sort of service is just not acceptable, and i am not jumping on the band wagon here i just know of a couple of forum members who this has happened to both exact same stories from start to finish!
Old 02 February 2013, 01:06 AM
Darren@JDM
Former Sponsor

Iam the first to admit things to go missing now and again and considering the amount we send daily but i always try to chase couriers if there is an issue.As you say the refund should of been offered in full i again apologise .Iam not sure why a bank transfer or cheque was not sent directly.If there was not the full amount in paypal thats why smaller amounts but i will make sure this method is not used in the future

Last edited by Darren@JDM; 02 February 2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 02 February 2013, 01:14 AM
McFartenplop
Scooby Regular

Trying to keep people happy using cheap courier maybe not the best way to go in the past hence why now using UPS .They are expensive but it gets there , trying to send heavier items overseas also never a good idea. I apologise for your delay in getting a refund
Thats just nonsense.

Attempting to send an engine up the M6 and it arrives in a different country? Come on.......

Also sending overseas is a doddle. Ive sent engines, gearboxes, diffs no problem. Even America is fine as long as youve filled out the commercial invoices ok.

Dont get me wrong, mistakes can be made, lots of different threads ,sales, accounts, payments, addresses but frequent occurrances just makes you look like a joke
Old 02 February 2013, 01:15 AM
katana man
Scooby Regular

i asked yerself for a bank transfer m8 straight away and it was you that declined from doing this giving all sorts of feeble excusses , i could sit here all night and reply to your answers but it will not get anybody anywhere the end of the day the service was very poor and i would say to anybody that was intending to trade with yerself to be very wary.

sorry to the moderators if you think this is out of context and you can delete if you feel fit but i am only stating facts and i have the facts to back up my comments if required this is now three instances that i know of that are very similar and i feel the body of the site should be made aware of these facts.

i will say no more on the matter
Old 02 February 2013, 01:24 AM
McFartenplop
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...-him-them.html

Been at it for years apparantly

and using the same UPS story

Darren@JDM
Scooby Regular
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Score: (39)

Had major problems when DHL turned to YODEL as they lost and delayed a lot of packages.Now using UPS with no problems.I dont know anyone who has bought something and never got it or there money as i sent all the packages.Last thing i have to say on the matter really if anyone has a problem take it up with either of us

Last edited by McFartenplop; 02 February 2013 at 01:25 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parts/Refund Never Recieved from Darren@JDM