Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Peter Lloyd Rallying - Avoid at all cost !

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2009, 06:39 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peter Lloyd Rallying - Avoid at all cost !

Just wanted to make people aware of this: https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...sher-afff.html

The way Peter Lloyd Rallying have handled this is terrible,their attitude towards their customers is some of the worst i've come across for a while.

The group buy price was supposed to be £30 all in and we've all been charged £33.01 ! One guy paid for two items but only received one and now they are refusing to send out the second item eventhough he has paid for it.

Take a read through the group buy yourselves and see how bad this company has handled this.
Old 09 March 2009, 09:07 PM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

And I was almost going to join that group buy too
Old 09 March 2009, 09:23 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by psigeek
And I was almost going to join that group buy too
I got my extinguisher within a week of paying for it but i've saved £2 for getting it through a group buy with 15 people in it !
Old 09 March 2009, 10:24 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've managed to get one of the two extinguishers I paid for, he's with-holding the second because I had the courtesay to inform him that I was going to let people know how dissapointed I was at the way he has handled the group buy.

I was in 2 minds because of the reported delivery complications but because it was Peter Lloyd I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and once I knew the courier they used I wasn't too concerned. You live and learn.
Old 09 March 2009, 10:36 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank **** I didnt buy one, was mulling over though.
Anyway check out your local Llyods chemists I bought this little baby for £4.25, fire blitz model alpaha 600.
If its just a local thing my local shop has about 7 on the shelf, so I could help out.

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 09 March 2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09 March 2009, 10:57 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Originally Posted by slipstream_uk
Anyway check out your local Llyods chemists I bought this little baby for £4.25, fire blitz model alpaha 600.
If its just a local thing my local shop has about 7 on the shelf, so I could help out.

Got yourself a bargain there!

Can't help but smile at the irony of it though LLOYDS chemist.....
Old 10 March 2009, 12:42 AM
psigeek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX
I got my extinguisher within a week of paying for it but i've saved £2 for getting it through a group buy with 15 people in it !
Little bit tight it seems. I see originally they were offering a fiver off too.

Originally Posted by JonMc
I've managed to get one of the two extinguishers I paid for, he's with-holding the second because I had the courtesay to inform him that I was going to let people know how dissapointed I was at the way he has handled the group buy.
I can't imagine they'll be getting away with the one for long! I've not seen them on this forum before, looks like they're lacking good service from reading that thread. I hope you get what you've paid for pretty quickly. I trust the credit card company will be on this one.
Old 10 March 2009, 12:45 PM
parccourt
Scooby Newbie

we quoted andrew tierney for a hand held £20 +vat each and £10 delivery inc vat
if anyone wants to see the email then i will send it too you
as for jonmc he got it all wrong and threatened me with slagging me off and he goes to msa meetings and so on. as for his order he ordered 2 but we run out we sent him 1 and the other was going to follow at no extra cost
so when you have a problem you threaten people with your power of who you know if he was any type of person he could have rung me up and sorted the problem out
so any body who bought the hand held off me please ask andrew tierney what he was quoted in the e mail or i will send you a copy myself
i have done nothing wrong only supplied the hand held at the price i quotted
hop this puts this matter to bed
peter lloyd
Old 10 March 2009, 02:16 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by slipstream_uk

Whilst anything is better than nothing: that youth's brother who pissed on his under-bonnet fire to put it out, would be more useful to you than that extinguisher will!

Having read Peter Lloyd's reply, Id be happy to continue using them myself.

Simon

Last edited by GC8; 10 March 2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10 March 2009, 02:19 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Also: a two litre AFFF extinguisher will be more effective than the seven remaining extinguishers in the local chemist: and probably several more shopfulls too!
Old 10 March 2009, 04:31 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

a nice polite, concise email from the seller

if the price was originally quoted, whats the issue?

still saved £2, its not like they are cheaper in halfords or anything!!!

i better get one myself thinking about it!!
Old 10 March 2009, 04:37 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

As it all went so pear-shaped why not just do what the chap says in the last few post - send them back under distance selling.

What I would say though is that they need to be sure whether the guy was charged for 1 or 2. If he was charged for 2 and only got 1 thats really not on.

The following bun fight is just poor communication.
Old 10 March 2009, 04:43 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

I have used PLR on several occasions for expensive items over the years and have always found them helpful and informative.

Used them only recently for a new 5-point Sabelt harness and extinguisher kit. You'll be hard pressed to find a cheaper supplier of plumbed-in extinguishers and they're very good on their prices for race harnesses.

Other than that, I can't comment further.
Old 10 March 2009, 06:08 PM
DannyBoy007
Scooby Regular

Loads of the local rally guys down this way (West Wales) use them and swear by them. You can't please everyone all of the time. All companies make mistakes or have problems arise but it's how they are dealt with that makes a great company.

Agree with peter loyd though. If someone threatened me they be told to f**k off but if he has paid for something, you either supply or refund. End off
Old 10 March 2009, 06:22 PM
parccourt
Scooby Newbie

we had charged the customer for 2 hand held but when we had the problem of the threats i refunded his card that minute and told him iwont supply him
peter lloyd
Old 10 March 2009, 06:34 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

I bought a tennis racquet and gym membership from these guys and it was spot on.
Didn't know they supplied car parts too, bonus

Seriously, looks like PLR came out of this ok and that someone else needs to wind there screaming neck in, as for MSA events/meets etc The guys in motorsport I know would take a chance on a bad recommendation for saving £2
Old 10 March 2009, 06:40 PM
bonzee
Scooby Regular

Location: knocking on the door of 400bhp with v power smashed through it with e85

Got to say never had any probs with Peter lloyd's over the years very,very helpfull and good prices on parts. oh yes and Peter might need some more stainless fuel line tomorrow
cheers
marc
Old 10 March 2009, 07:16 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by parccourt
as for jonmc he got it all wrong and threatened me with slagging me off and he goes to msa meetings and so on. as for his order he ordered 2 but we run out we sent him 1 and the other was going to follow at no extra cost
so when you have a problem you threaten people with your power of who you know if he was any type of person he could have rung me up and sorted the problem out
so any body who bought the hand held off me please ask andrew tierney what he was quoted in the e mail or i will send you a copy myself
peter lloyd
Peter

I stated that I would communicate the details of this transaction with those on the MSA and Subaru circle with whom I speak. Copies of my comments have been posted. The fact that I have nothing good to report is your problem.

You communication was non-existant - how was I to know that the second would follow, read a crystal ball. What you actually stated in your email was that you had made an error and would send the second at no cost. The fact that you had run out when I was only the second person to phone in from the group buy is a further example of how poorly your business is run.

If was able to phone you up I would, I work in an area where I am not allowed to use the work phone or take in my own phone. Until I finish my current job I have no way of contacting you during the week expect by email.

You state that you refunded my credit card imediately after I had the courtesay to inform you that I would report the fact of the transaction is another lie, as only yesterday you emailled me to state that you never charged me for the second extinguisher. I had to provide you with a copy of the credit card receipt.

Copies of all the emails are in the GB thread so you are free to verify any of the facts above.

Oh, and yes please, I would like a copy of the email, not forwarded as these can be altered but sent as an attachment or printed and posted, along with a copy of my refund receipt which I am hoping you have actioned as you have not informed me either way.

Last edited by JonMc; 10 March 2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10 March 2009, 09:02 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Peter,

I would also like to see a copy of the email that states you quoted £20 + vat ?
Old 11 March 2009, 10:01 AM
parccourt
Scooby Newbie

this is the original e mail we sent for the quote

they will be £20 +vat each
postage will be £15 + vat for 10 as they are too heavy for 1 parcel they will be 2 parcels

peter lloyd rallying
unit 25 st theodores way
brymnenyn ind est
brynmenyn
nr bridgend
south wales cf32 9tz
Peter Lloyd Rallying
email peterlloyd2@aol.com
tel 01656724777
fax 01656725125
Old 11 March 2009, 12:45 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

peter lloyd

postage will be £15 + vat for 10
as they are too heavy for 1 parcel they will be 2 parcels

peter lloyd rallying
unit 25 st theodores way
brymnenyn ind est
brynmenyn
nr bridgend
south wales cf32 9tz
Peter Lloyd Rallying
tel 01656724777
fax 01656725125
Old 11 March 2009, 05:21 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Little bit naughty to advertise on the first page of your website 'VAT included' ...& then quote 'plus VAT' on the group buy?
Old 11 March 2009, 06:26 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

postage will be £15 + vat for 10 as they are too heavy for 1 parcel they will be 2 parcels

peter lloyd rallying
unit 25 st theodores way
brymnenyn ind est
brynmenyn
nr bridgend
south wales cf32 9tz
Peter Lloyd Rallying
tel 01656724777
fax 01656725125
So how come i've been charged £10 delivery for 1 item if you quoted a group buy price of £15 + vat for 10 items ??
Old 11 March 2009, 07:28 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

More inconsistency in what you are saying!!
Old 13 March 2009, 11:50 AM
parccourt
Scooby Newbie

delivery charges are £10 up to 20 kilo
so if you had one or 5 it is the same delivery price
i quoted £20+vat as a price for 10 off
this price has nothing to do with the website we done them cheeper for the group ok DAZ W
after all this hassle over a poxy hand held with jonmac i wont be doing any more deals ever withscoobynet
i give the correct prices in a email and then get slated by him
peter lloyd
Old 13 March 2009, 12:21 PM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

What's been missed here is that the shipping would have been £15+vat for ALL 10 UNITS shipped to one place. WHich is not uncommon on group buys, where the organised gets all the units shipped direct and people collect or get shipped from there. In this case they all ended up being shipped direct, and £10 is not an extortionate amount for courier shipping.

As for "only save 2 quid" in percentage terms it's a lot when you might at best get 30% off as a retailer (so expect PLR to pay maybe £17.50 from a £25 retail). So after all this fuss, PLR stand to make about £25, but with all of this going on, Peter's time would have been better spent in bed or down the pub!
Old 13 March 2009, 02:38 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

delivery charges are £10 up to 20 kilo
so if you had one or 5 it is the same delivery price
i quoted £20+vat as a price for 10 off
this price has nothing to do with the website we done them cheeper for the group ok DAZ W
after all this hassle over a poxy hand held with jonmac i wont be doing any more deals ever withscoobynet
i give the correct prices in a email and then get slated by him
peter lloyd
With attitude & customer service like that (are you mashing the keyboard with your knuckles?) I dont think we'll need another group buy to get a 10% discount on your goods ...we'll be able to pick it up for pennies in the liquidation sale!!!
Old 13 March 2009, 02:45 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZEN Performance
What's been missed here is that the shipping would have been £15+vat for ALL 10 UNITS shipped to one place. WHich is not uncommon on group buys, where the organised gets all the units shipped direct and people collect or get shipped from there. In this case they all ended up being shipped direct, and £10 is not an extortionate amount for courier shipping.

As for "only save 2 quid" in percentage terms it's a lot when you might at best get 30% off as a retailer (so expect PLR to pay maybe £17.50 from a £25 retail). So after all this fuss, PLR stand to make about £25, but with all of this going on, Peter's time would have been better spent in bed or down the pub!
& that's fair enough ...but why not state that as your first response, after all this site has a fair bit of traffic & Peter has hardly done himself any favours on here has he?
Old 13 March 2009, 06:07 PM
parccourt
Scooby Newbie

i am not getting involved with childish chit chat i have a busy biusness to run
thanks for all the people who supported me on this forum as i have done nothing wrong
peter lloyd

Quick Reply: Peter Lloyd Rallying - Avoid at all cost !