Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

keighly trade centre (again)

Old 06 October 2007, 10:35 AM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keighly trade centre (again)

I know they have a crap name in this industry and with good reason but have they changed their name to torque of keighly
Torque of Keighley - Showroom

or is this another company that may get confused with that lot?
Old 06 October 2007, 01:23 PM
craigie_s
Scooby Regular

Different company same sh~t !!!
Old 06 October 2007, 01:24 PM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by exvaux
I know they have a crap name in this industry and with good reason but have they changed their name to torque of keighly
Torque of Keighley - Showroom

or is this another company that may get confused with that lot?

Its a seperate company to my knowledge, about 10 mins away from where i live

HTH
Old 06 October 2007, 04:17 PM
S7EVY
Scooby Regular

Yep they are Diff company.
Old 06 October 2007, 04:42 PM
Northern Nick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by craigie_s
Different company same sh~t !!!
LMAO
Old 08 October 2007, 08:27 AM
Rubberscooby
Scooby Regular

Whats so bad about torque ? Everyone say's not to go there, but have never heard why ?
Old 08 October 2007, 03:28 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubberscooby
Whats so bad about torque ? Everyone say's not to go there, but have never heard why ?
Well Keighly Trade Centre have a reputation for selling poor quality imports.

Torque of Keighly may or may not be linked but the Keighly bit puts people off.

IMO, there is probably some link. I've noticed both places have Lancia Delta EVOs which aren't seen in that many import centres but coincidently both Keighly places have them.

Torque have a FE EVO2 Delta for £18K. Undercuts the other 2 for sale in the UK by £6K.
Old 08 October 2007, 04:45 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

Stolen parts end up on their cars too....
Old 08 October 2007, 04:57 PM
craigie_s
Scooby Regular

I had a 400 mile round trip thinking out of the two garrages and tons of stock there had too be atleast one good'un . I was wrong
Old 08 October 2007, 09:22 PM
UP4IT
Scooby Regular

Its a good place to go to if you are undicided what you want as there are a lot of different cars in one place.

But as above the quality isnt very good. But im sure they are bound to have a good un at some point???
Old 08 October 2007, 09:41 PM
Rubberscooby
Scooby Regular

Its just I started noticing that some of there cars are on there a while. Its strange as alot of there picture's make their cars look very good. When I was looking for a scoob I wanted to go because they had such a vast choice. But I wasn't rushing into buying one so spent about 4 months looking before deciding what i wanted to go for, And some on their site never moved.
Old 17 October 2007, 12:25 PM
stotty1
Scooby Regular

Trust me its defo the same people just different names
Old 20 October 2007, 07:59 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Branching out to British sports cars now.... Maybe (if reports/checks come out ok) that a DECENT spec'C' will be there soon.......

Old 20 October 2007, 11:34 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

nope sounds like this one has been in an unrecorded incident.... the first owner on P/H says the second owner possibly crashed it on his journey home (informed via dealer)
Old 20 October 2007, 05:38 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stotty1
Trust me its defo the same people just different names
Best not trust you as you are WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Useless first post
Old 22 October 2007, 09:59 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

Phew thankgod I read this thread. I'm looking for a Impreza and have seen this place and thought about going. I know I've heard of bad things about Keighley Trade Sports & Performance so this place is just as bad do they clock cars aswell.

It's bad when bladdy dealers are doing this.
Old 01 November 2007, 09:34 AM
batfink1
Scooby Newbie

If they are soooooooooooooooo bad how come there allowed to keep trading?????????? By the looks of things your best off buying an impreza from Jap Performance. Has anyone heard of MIR Honda who are also in Bradord???????
Old 01 November 2007, 01:32 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

I'm taking a look at MIR next week. They have a Lancia EVO2 I like the look of (if I don'y buy a P1)

Infact, I'm checking KTC out too - Just to see what the fuss is about.

Theres another Bradford based importer who I thought were quite respectable. However, they have one particular car that I know is completely shafted. They are selling as "PX to clear" but still asking 8K for a bodged repair.

I guess every place gets a lemon from time to time but its what they do with that defines their integrity.
Old 01 November 2007, 05:24 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keighly trade centre are not as bad as people say they are!!

A lot of you know i have my own imports firm (performance centre manchester) and you'd expect me to slag off any competition at any given chance. I used to warn people about KTC due to there reputation and was under the impression that all there cars were sh#t. I was also reluctant to take a part x against a new spec c because the car had come from ktc so the owner had to sell it privately.

Anyway i was up in north Yorkshire a few weeks back and decided to pop down and see what all the fuss was about. To cut a long story short they have a vast variety of cars and cater for everybody including the low end stuff where all the problems occur and the high end stuff which i was very impressed with.
They had a new spec c there with delivery miles in mint condition impreza's ranging from version 1-11 evo's 1-9 integra's civic's drift cars in good and bad condition etc.

All i can say is there not as bad as people make out and if you see something you like there it might be worth the visit if not you can only ways come to me

Immy
Old 01 November 2007, 06:22 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx-kris
Stolen parts end up on their cars too....
As I have replied to a similar remark by someone before, I would like to say jsut because they sell rubbish does not mean to say they sell stolen cars or cars with stolen parts.

This si a new one to me and Im sure its safe for me to say, I know of them and their dealings a lot more than most of the people on here.

As a company I personally think they are a set of cowboys but I guess accusing them of using stolen parts is a little lame.

People cant get over the fact that they manage to sell heaps. You have to understand they have a niche market which predominantly consists of people who want to buy a sports car and are not too bothered looking into details
Old 01 November 2007, 06:51 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
. You have to understand they have a niche market which predominantly consists of people who want to buy a sports car and are not too bothered looking into details
and as they are usually a lot cheaper than the going rate there will always be someone that will buy from them
Old 01 November 2007, 10:05 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

As always you get what you pay for !
There are some bargains out there, but you can't blame dealers for high prices and poor quality, that's their bread and butter.

Is it any better with some chop-shop bodge by a "private" owner....

Dunx

P.S. When I went there was nothing that would tempt me to part with my hard earnt....
Old 02 November 2007, 12:04 AM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
As always you get what you pay for !
There are some bargains out there, but you can't blame dealers for high prices and poor quality, that's their bread and butter.

Is it any better with some chop-shop bodge by a "private" owner....

Dunx

P.S. When I went there was nothing that would tempt me to part with my hard earnt....
Spot on,

Ive been to KTC but everytime I go there wonder how people would buy them cars. The reality is that people do, hence the reason they had to move into a massive industrial unit.
Old 02 November 2007, 11:03 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by kilo_4que
Spot on,

Ive been to KTC but everytime I go there wonder how people would buy them cars. The reality is that people do, hence the reason they had to move into a massive industrial unit.
Did they not have that huge unit to start off with?

When's the last time you went? they had plenty of brandnew cars 4 weeks ago including a spec c v-ltd ,evo 9 mr the new JDM civic type r and a 350z.
They also had a lambo ,gt2 and a few other super cars.
Old 02 November 2007, 01:11 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers
Did they not have that huge unit to start off with?

When's the last time you went? they had plenty of brandnew cars 4 weeks ago including a spec c v-ltd ,evo 9 mr the new JDM civic type r and a 350z.
They also had a lambo ,gt2 and a few other super cars.
No Immy they didnt have that unit to begin with. They have been here for the last two years id say.

I must admit they do have the odd supercar here and there but if you look, theyll have like 10 white evo 6s, 15 sti version 3s lol they have so many of the same car. And amongst the many cars they have they do have the odd nice one here and there.

Prior to that they were located a few miles away, morecentral Keighley. Their main competition was Beeches who they later bought out and eventually moved into the massive units
Old 03 November 2007, 12:25 AM
rabskyline
Scooby Regular

can i just say.....i think that slating a company like this is going to get scoobynet into serious **** ! if it was my name you were washing in public (which it isnt thank ****) i would go absolutely banana's and have you in the dock with your cheque books at the ready ! this is a company that i haven't heard good stuff spoken but you need to watch what you print ! just my opinion !
Old 03 November 2007, 12:59 AM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rabskyline
can i just say.....i think that slating a company like this is going to get scoobynet into serious **** ! if it was my name you were washing in public (which it isnt thank ****) i would go absolutely banana's and have you in the dock with your cheque books at the ready ! this is a company that i haven't heard good stuff spoken but you need to watch what you print ! just my opinion !
Rab you said that perfectly mate. I am critical of the condition on their car but would never go as far as accusing them of selling cars with stolen parts or cars being stolen themselves. Thats going a tad too far Id say
Old 03 November 2007, 06:06 PM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Should be able ta say what you want IMHO. A lot of ppl talk crap about pcm ,but it does not bother me. The only thing i would say is try and take things for face value and make comments from experience and facts.
Old 03 November 2007, 06:33 PM
rabskyline
Scooby Regular

i think freedom of speech is important and if the person saying the stuff has specific experience or facts then fine but if its hearsay/rumour and " i heard a mate talking about it ! " then thats the stuff that gets s/n into crap when it cant be backed up with facts !
Old 04 November 2007, 06:49 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

I'm going to have a look around Keighley tomorrow. Can't all be lemons and I'll give the benefit of the doubt till I get there. Although I'll leave my opinions to myself (or PM)

One unrelated but funny thing - I've only read Keighley on here and assumed it was said "Key-lee". I've been asking my wifes parents where key-lee is - never realised its said "keith-lee" oh how we laughed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: keighly trade centre (again)