Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

keighly trade centre (again)

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2007, 09:00 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EddScott
I'm going to have a look around Keighley tomorrow. Can't all be lemons and I'll give the benefit of the doubt till I get there. Although I'll leave my opinions to myself (or PM)

One unrelated but funny thing - I've only read Keighley on here and assumed it was said "Key-lee". I've been asking my wifes parents where key-lee is - never realised its said "keith-lee" oh how we laughed
thats the best way, go down and judge them for yourself
Old 05 November 2007, 02:06 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

I was going to try these guys out and have a look at an STi9.
If I go for a lower mileage, newer car, am I less likely to get one that's a piece of papp, or are people suggesting just to stay away full stop?

thanks
Old 05 November 2007, 04:58 PM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Varboy
If I go for a lower mileage, newer car, am I less likely to get one that's a piece of papp, or are people suggesting just to stay away full stop?

thanks
Go and see them and the cars and make your own informed decision based on the facts that are presented to you. You can't make an educated decision based on idle internet gossip.

Tony
Old 05 November 2007, 05:36 PM
kilo_4que
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Varboy

thanks
as much as i am critical of them id still advise you to go check them out for yourself. Also I must say their newer cars are not as bad as the older ones and do remember they take a some nice cars in px so you can find yourself a nice motor too. But the majority of their cars are normally not to my liking
Old 05 November 2007, 06:36 PM
top_fuel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
I'm going to have a look around Keighley tomorrow. Can't all be lemons and I'll give the benefit of the doubt till I get there. Although I'll leave my opinions to myself (or PM)
while your there... have a looksy at the lemon color EK9 will ya... that thing looks shweeet....
Old 05 November 2007, 07:20 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tonybooth
Go and see them and the cars and make your own informed decision based on the facts that are presented to you. You can't make an educated decision based on idle internet gossip.

Tony
The reason I ask is that I'm not a trained mechanic or massively knowledgeable on what I should be looking for, I am therefore likely to be someone who walks away with a bad experience.

I'm not totally credulous of information posted on here but I do use it as a guide. Thanks for the advice, I will check them out for myself, but due to the information posted on here, I will be far more cautious.
Old 07 November 2007, 03:39 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

not just with them but anywhere that sells performance cars,check for crash damage,take a magnet with you and try it on various parts of the car ie rear quarters as they seem to be the favourite.Just remember that the typeR and RA had alloy bonnets tho so it shouldnt stick if it does then the bonnets been replaced for some reason
Old 15 November 2007, 03:42 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I didn't get as far as Keighley in the end but the places I did go to view 2 P1s, a Type R and a Lancia EVO2 I wouldn't have bought from them either!

The place with the Type R even had a car I viewed in Cardiff last year and it was buggered then! Someones had a go at it in the mean time to make the panels line up but its still pretty obvious. Mind you, the Type R they had, the NS front wing didn't line up with the door by some margin.

The EVO2 was a proper mess and the biggest let down of the week. Wanted my wifes first view of one to be of a looker but I lost count the different colours of paint.

The P1s weren't at the "usual suspects" importers up that way but niether were worth the £12K+ asking price. One had practically no history whatsoever (very well known place too) and the other looked like it had been put back to standard after mods - AND the dealer selling the car with no history told me not to buy the other P1 as he knew the guy and the engine knocks like a good'un on start up.
Old 16 November 2007, 09:55 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a type r (3 door) mate that am selling really cheap it's in good nick 1998 /1999 version 5 in white 55,000 miles but it's had a knock on the nearside.I wasn't to bother because the rest of the car is really clean and i was going to turn it into a track animal. Have changed my mind since and will stick with a spec c.

I want £6500 for it let me know if your interested.
Old 16 November 2007, 01:21 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Thanks but I'm pretty made up on a P1 if I don't get a Lancia.

Cheers all the same though
Old 16 November 2007, 06:31 PM
sti_sambo
Scooby Regular

There's a place in N. Yorks just south of Northallerton that does Lancia's and they all look pretty sweet.

In terms of Keighley Trade Centre its more of a laugh than a Harry Enfield show looking at some of their stock. There are the odd one or two cars which are half decent but I would say most of their stock is overpriced and well below the standard of other import sales places.