Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Rollin Road question for P.E

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 1999, 08:24 PM
Mark B
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dave,

I have a 95 WRX which looks like its had the 'Legalis-R' treatment. (exhaust/ait filter/afr/boost switch).

I am tempted by a rolling road 'setup' session. Can you tell me what it would do for my car. I have a slight bit of pinking under hard boost sessions but no other problems. I am not looking for the complete remap but just to get it all nicely setup.

Also, how much and how long do you think it will take. Could it be done on a Saturday?

Many thanks,

Mark.
Old 24 July 1999, 05:44 PM
Kev
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i get my current car( with only induction kit, system, cam) setup on a rolling road every summer, costs about £45 + vat, makes a difference they setup the fuel pressure,co etc. They give you a before and after graph ( handy to see if it has made a difference ). It always does....when i first made a visit he pointed out the obvious, that the main bonus was the car was setup at a cruising speed not at idle in a workshop.

The only downside was having to sign a disclaimer in case the engine let go during the test and then having to listen to a guy giving the engine some serious abuse.