Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Cisco 877 Router Help

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2010, 11:44 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cisco 877 Router Help

Hello,

I'm having trouble configuring a Cisco router just how we need it. (Cisco 877 router)

Currently I have it dialling up the ADSL fine and a VPN created from the router to our office.

I then need to make traffic from FE ports 0 & 1 use the VPN and ports 2 & 3 go directly onto the internet.

I've configured a seperate VLAN which is applied to ports 2&3 which has it's own DHCP pool on a seperate range to the VLAN which is tied to the VPN.

I can't seem to get the traffic to route out though, and I'm sure it's something silly I've missed.

It should have been done 2 days ago so i'm massively panicking.

Anyone got any pointers? Can I split tunnel like this? If not how can I get it to route any traffic through the VPN, not just traffic relating to the local network at the other end.
Old 10 August 2010, 02:01 PM
Claaarkio
Scooby Regular

Can you not just route the traffic for the vpn to the vpn tunnel and all other traffic to the internet or does it have to be a "virtual" division between the ports?
Old 10 August 2010, 02:25 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

It would be a lot better if it was segregated so they cannot see the other ip pool etc, but I guess that could be a last resort. Problem I have at the minute is it seems to route all of the traffic not destined to the remote network to nowhere when the VPN is up.
Old 10 August 2010, 03:20 PM
Claaarkio
Scooby Regular

Do you have a defualt route set up on the config? i've never set up a vpn on a cisco but wouldn't the network set in the encryption domain get sent through the VPN and all other traffic use the defualt route (0.0.0.0 to external interface) ?

Dave