Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Google home hub or Alexa

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2019, 05:42 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts
Default Google home hub or Alexa

as above really, my mrs is pestering me to get one for her. im not really into tech like this so im not bothered either way. ive noticed with alexa you can have speakers dotted around the house all connected up up to listen to music wherever you are.can you do this with google home hub?

cheers
Old 11 March 2019, 09:53 PM
woody_294
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep you can do that with the Google Home hubs too, we have Alexa all around our house, smart lights and all that jazz, I think it's brilliant. Haven't had any experience with the Google products but I imagine they're the same. I have Amazon Prime so I get the music though that but you can use spotify with either, it depends who you get your music service from I reckon.
Old 28 March 2019, 11:13 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Alexa here too Spotify works fine, u can choose your provider in the alexa ap, it defaults to Amazon, but i changed mine to spotify

The Echo Plus new 1 is awsome sounds amazing, and has a built in HUB for the funky add ons, the echo spots dont have a hub, i had the spots dotted about and the Plus where i sit the most
Old 19 April 2019, 10:11 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just an update I sacked off Spotify as your limited to one Alexa at a time, so if kids stream same time is wont let them, subscribe to amazon family and u can have 6 devices at once. I also treated myself to the Bose Home 500 with Alexa, it’s another level of sound and acts exact same as a true Alexa device