Samsung is back! - ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Samsung is back!

Old 25 February 2019, 03:02 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Default Samsung is back!

Wow, just when you thought innovation in smartphone technology has peaked, Samsung gives us the Galaxy S10; has improved on itís already excellent cameras, front and back with 2 front facing and 3 rear facing camera, almost limitless storage, truly edge to edge HDR10+ oled display with no stupid notch and the killer feature, an under the screen ultrasonic fingerprint sensor and still comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack. Thereís also wireless powershare where the phone can wirelessly charge other devices like their Bluetooth headphones but I think Samsung are really pushing innovation with the S10 foldable phone, granted itís first gen and bloody expensive and Iíd say experimental to test the market, but expect that tech to filter down over the coming years. Price wise, even the larger Galaxy 10 Plus is £899, hopefully this will halt the trend for £1000+ phones! When every other phone looks near enough the same and offering incremental differences, Samsung have really given the market some real innovation with the S10 which is more than can be said of Apple whoíve done pretty much nothing other than give us a £1000+ bigger version of their iPhone X.
Old 25 February 2019, 04:35 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Well i hope youre correct with the price limiting - as far as i can make out apple has got found out , just look at huawei else innovation not to mention samsung - all cheaper

im still labouring under the impression apple are safer , so just bought second hand 7+
Old 25 February 2019, 04:38 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

It looks like an iPhone and has a hole in the middle of the display.
Old 25 February 2019, 04:45 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

No, it looks better than the iPhone and it doesn't have a massive bar in the middle of the display or a mountainous camera bump.
Old 27 February 2019, 07:13 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Fanboi just woke up.
Old 27 February 2019, 09:41 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Last mobile I thought was ace was Motorola Razr. Understand they are bringing it back.

Otherwise all mobiles today unexciting and just the same really. And waaaay too big

Last edited by lozgti1; 27 February 2019 at 09:43 PM.
Old 28 February 2019, 10:52 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

It depends on what you want out of the phone and what you do with it. If it's just to make calls, then yes, these kinds of phones are overkill.
Old 28 February 2019, 12:36 PM
Ste333
Scooby Regular

I've stuck with apple phones for a long time...I must admit I am tempted by some of the other offerings now though...particularly the huawei and One Plus offerings.

Anyone tried a Razer phone?

https://www.gsmarena.com/razer_phone-8923.php
Old 16 March 2019, 03:57 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

I'd love it if they really do the Razr folder they are talking about.

Motorola ruled the mobile world once. Then again , so did nokia and sony ericcson .lol