Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone going to get Anthem? Or perhaps Division 2?

Old 31 January 2019, 01:22 PM
Ste333
Scooby Regular

Question Anyone going to get Anthem? Or perhaps Division 2?

Been watching the game development closely - and the premise of it looks awesome, great potential. But I have serious concerns about it being published by EA, the recent demo disaster (loads of buggy problems), and a bit worried about the endgame content.

I loved Destiny, and played both games a lot. So this looks right up my street. But I must admit, I'm leaning toward The Division 2 now instead.....

Anyone else considering anthem? If I get it, I'm a console man - PS4.
Old 31 January 2019, 05:01 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

I was gunning for it on PS4 but I also subscribe to origin premier on pc and anthem is free on that, so I’m gonna get it on pc rather than console.

division 2 deffo on PS4 and I’ve been hovering over ace combat 7 but gonna wait for price to drop
Old 01 February 2019, 07:50 AM
Ste333
Scooby Regular

yeah I've heard good things about Ace Combat 7 as well. Same as you though. I'm tempted...but not tempted enough by it to pay the full price!
Old 01 February 2019, 08:31 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ste333 View Post
yeah I've heard good things about Ace Combat 7 as well. Same as you though. I'm tempted...but not tempted enough by it to pay the full price!
Agree im gonna wait for a sale... I did get Kingdom Hearts 3 which is pretty damn good i must say... So much to play though and not enough time, i aint even started Spiderman yet, and i spent 25mins on Hitman 2 LOL

Old 01 February 2019, 01:03 PM
Ste333
Scooby Regular

same. Managed to finish Spiderman. Had a dabble with black ops 4 (which I didnt really like), and am slowly working my way through Hollowknight on the switch when I get chance
Old 01 February 2019, 03:11 PM
Jon T
Scooby Regular

I'm waiting for days gone. Looks good
Old 01 February 2019, 03:17 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

same. Managed to finish Spiderman. Had a dabble with black ops 4 (which I didnt really like), and am slowly working my way through Hollowknight on the switch when I get chance
Dont talk to me about switch games, i sit on the bed and buy them and never get round to playing them, last i got was Tales of Vesperia, got a 400gb card in Mine rammed LOL

Days gone is also on my want list, looks soo good.

Ste/Jon did either of you play God of War, i thought that was the best game ever, but i only did the story till the end, if you did both play it, how much is there to do after the storys done ?i think other than the story i did the level grinding bit where it gets harder and harder each level, and i could see on my map lots of them ROCK hard fallen angels

Had a go on Black Opps didn't like it Maps are not big enough and the fact that i probably died 1000 times to a 13 year old punk annoyed me, BF5 is more my thing i can hide

Last edited by Littleted; 01 February 2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04 February 2019, 07:26 AM
Ste333
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Littleted View Post
Dont talk to me about switch games, i sit on the bed and buy them and never get round to playing them, last i got was Tales of Vesperia, got a 400gb card in Mine rammed LOL

Days gone is also on my want list, looks soo good.

Ste/Jon did either of you play God of War, i thought that was the best game ever, but i only did the story till the end, if you did both play it, how much is there to do after the storys done ?i think other than the story i did the level grinding bit where it gets harder and harder each level, and i could see on my map lots of them ROCK hard fallen angels

Had a go on Black Ops didn't like it Maps are not big enough and the fact that i probably died 1000 times to a 13 year old punk annoyed me, BF5 is more my thing i can hide
you've managed to fill a 400gb on the switch?? Jesus christ. Good plane material though!

Yep Days gone does look good, I'm just concerned that it's not going to live up to the hype though....I hope I'm wrong. I want it.

I didn't bother with God of War no, despite everyone telling me to! I haven't played any of the previous games, so didn't want to jump into another series quite late on. Do you think you need to have played the previous ones though to get the best of it? The game is getting cheap now....

In regards to Anthem, I played the open demo on the weekend (on PS4), and to be honest, was really disappointed I didn't find it particularly exciting to play, the frame rate and smoothness on PS4 (not a pro) was pretty poor and suffered quite badly when there was a lot going on, and I was kicked multiple times. I was also slightly bewildered by the 20,000 menus to scroll through. I'm a bit sad really, I wanted it to be great and it wasn't. Perhaps Division 2 it is then.
Old 04 February 2019, 08:53 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

you've managed to fill a 400gb on the switch?? Jesus christ. Good plane material though!

Yep Days gone does look good, I'm just concerned that it's not going to live up to the hype though....I hope I'm wrong. I want it.

I didn't bother with God of War no, despite everyone telling me to! I haven't played any of the previous games, so didn't want to jump into another series quite late on. Do you think you need to have played the previous ones though to get the best of it? The game is getting cheap now....

In regards to Anthem, I played the open demo on the weekend (on PS4), and to be honest, was really disappointed I didn't find it particularly exciting to play, the frame rate and smoothness on PS4 (not a pro) was pretty poor and suffered quite badly when there was a lot going on, and I was kicked multiple times. I was also slightly bewildered by the 20,000 menus to scroll through. I'm a bit sad really, I wanted it to be great and it wasn't. Perhaps Division 2 it is then.
You dont need to have played the other prior to GOW, just buy it youll see how good it is.i couldn't recommend the game enough
Old 08 February 2019, 09:07 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Will probably get Division 2. I saw Dr Lupo streaming it but to be honest, I was not taken back by the graphics. At moment still playing Fortnite but may give Apex a whirl this weekend.
Old 08 February 2019, 10:16 AM
Ste333
Scooby Regular

Yeah this Apex Legends seems to have crept out of nowhere and has really good initial reviews. Might give it a try this weekend as well if I get time.
Old 08 February 2019, 10:33 AM
Fishbowlhead
Scooby Regular

Don't go expecting a Destiny beater with anthem, different games.

If you think more on the lines of Mass Effect with friends you'll be more on the mark.

Apex Legends is based on The Titanfall 2 engine and universe and has great tight gun play for battleroyal type multiplayer fans.
Old 08 February 2019, 10:41 AM
Ste333
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fishbowlhead View Post
Don't go expecting a Destiny beater with anthem, different games.

If you think more on the lines of Mass Effect with friends you'll be more on the mark.

Apex Legends is based on The Titanfall 2 engine and universe and has great tight gun play for battleroyal type multiplayer fans.
yes very different game indeed. More like warframe crossed with the division. 3rd person makes a big difference.

It's a shame Titan Fall 3 got scrapped and turned into Apex Legends.... but I'll reserve judgement on Apex til I've played it
Old 08 February 2019, 11:19 AM
Fishbowlhead
Scooby Regular

I was gutted when Titanfall 3 got canned in favour of Apex to be honest.

For anyone that hasn't played it, grab yourself a copy of Titanfall 2, best all round shooter you can buy that still has a decent active pvp side. Will you play it as much as a time sink like Destiny 1&2? No of course not but it's just an amazingly polished package.