Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iPhone 8

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2017, 10:55 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by toffee_pie
if everyone had the same mindset as this then no one would buy new high end smartphones, some people like new tech.

The Note 8 at least is at the cutting edge of technology unlike Apple which falls back on several areas but fanboys will point towards the flawed '10 year old can access' facetime.
Humour us with a few of these features. I’ve always said that I’d still be on an ip5 had it not given up the ghost. Granted my 6s has a better camera and screen but for me and 95% of other people, it doesn’t do anything over and above what my 5 did. I’m yet to see anything useful that the X does over a 6s.
Old 24 November 2017, 09:00 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right who are you and what have you done with TP? You're actually putting together rational arguments rather than your usual anti-Apple/pro-Samsung rantings.
Old 24 November 2017, 09:18 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

moving between generations of boring iphones one after another its hardly surprising you are not enthralled.

Plenty of discussion on the google on the note 8 so no need for me to say anything, perhaps go try one out? you might be surprised but if you are coming from the locked down eco system of Apple it probably is overwhelming.
I’m IOS through and through so no chance of jumping to Android as I find it ridiculous to use.
My work phone is a windows phone and one of the lads at work has an S8 curve. All 3 phones are very different due to the operating system but they all do fundamentally the same thing.
I’m only asking what on a day to day basis does a note or whatever do that my 6s doesn’t?
Old 24 November 2017, 11:52 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Brun
I’m IOS through and through so no chance of jumping to Android as I find it ridiculous to use.
My work phone is a windows phone and one of the lads at work has an S8 curve. All 3 phones are very different due to the operating system but they all do fundamentally the same thing.
I’m only asking what on a day to day basis does a note or whatever do that my 6s doesn’t?
Unique to the Note series is the s-pen features. But I agree phones are much of a muchness it's a matter of preference.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 24 November 2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 24 November 2017, 01:08 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

lol what's ridiculous about how you use android? in its vanilla/stock state it couldn't be easier to use. A child could work it out.
Old 24 November 2017, 01:12 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by bioforger
lol what's ridiculous about how you use android? in its vanilla/stock state it couldn't be easier to use. A child could work it out.
I can work it out but IOS is far easier.
I assume an Android user would have the same difficulty going to iOS.
Old 24 November 2017, 01:22 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

nail on the head.

they do the same things but in different ways.
Old 24 November 2017, 01:23 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

No, Android is inconsistent at best, switching from stock to tweaked UI’s, it’s like Windows, a bit ****.
Old 24 November 2017, 01:31 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
No, Android is inconsistent at best, switching from stock to tweaked UI’s, it’s like Windows, a bit ****.
different manufacturers tweak it slightly to suit. But little difference between phone generations, i switched from S6 to S8 and its pretty much exactly the same.
Old 24 November 2017, 02:52 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Not particularly, i've got an Android phone and an iPad which i use on a daily basis. By and large the two systems are very similar, it's only really when you start delving into settings folders that they really differ.
Old 24 November 2017, 02:52 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Yep I agree, ios is easier and as a result you the lose some choices and the ability to do certain things you can do easily in android, each to their own.

But yea depends on the user, I have both phones, not had any issue using ios really, but I hate how its locked down for certain things/processes. Of course working in IT is beneficial as it becomes natural to adapt.

Last edited by bioforger; 24 November 2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 24 November 2017, 06:37 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

if everyone had the same mindset as this then no one would buy new high end smartphones, some people like new tech.
Plenty people buy high end tech and I do mysel but I’m not too bothered about having it as soon as it’s launched. Companies will always release better handsets as technology is always improving but the way top end phones are now there isn’t really that many ways forward unless it’s an unbreakable screen and huge memory.

Most other things are just gimmicks like say face recognition as I know people only use it for funny emojis.

That said you are by far a bigger fanboy than Jack as it’s an obsession with you and the manufacturer had your loyalty as I bet you had an S8 before where as Jacks phone was a few years old. Also I’m pretty sure Jack only posts to wind people up say like yourself
Old 24 November 2017, 06:40 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Nothing, it’s just a faster phone with a better camera same as all newer models of phones.
Old 24 November 2017, 06:42 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
different manufacturers tweak it slightly to suit. But little difference between phone generations, i switched from S6 to S8 and its pretty much exactly the same.

I use Nova launcher and all my phones look exactly the same.
Old 24 November 2017, 07:09 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
I use Nova launcher and all my phones look exactly the same.
not tried that
Old 24 November 2017, 07:45 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
not tried that
Get it immediately it's a fantastic app.
Old 24 November 2017, 09:16 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Group hug?
Old 25 November 2017, 01:00 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

thats why i said that for people used to the locked down and restricted ecosystem of Apple moving to something like the Note 8 it would be overwhelming - The Note 8 can do things that would be alien to Apple users like using the app pair on the edge panel to have two apps going in a split screen view, i think this was also working on the note 4 is some format but its really useful to have.

Apple is way too restricted for me, I use a windows fone at work and that is even worse, no wonder they are defunct.
Thats not true and I hope everyone knows how little this man knows about Apple hardware. Android users can’t do anything that I can’t do, This tit should look back at the history of jailbreaking devices, start right here on Scoobynet.
Old 25 November 2017, 01:05 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Loads of bull****
4 devices to my 1 and I’m being ripped off. You ********.

Spouting tripe for no no good reason and I’m fanatical. You tit.
Old 25 November 2017, 03:28 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I have had other devices also, not just Samsung but the Samsaung's to me have been the best and I got most used or second hand so its not like I was ripped off - I paid full whack for the Note 5 and Note 8 and thats it and I got them in Thailand so much less than what they go for in the UK (5 not even released). The Note 4 I ditched as it was from Korea and cack, not sure what I replaced it with.

So to use side by side apps on an Apple (not sure how that would work on tiny screens?) you nee to jail break them? seems to go totally against your squeaky claean "it just works" ethos.

You cant deny you are fanatical, everyone knows it - when you get vulgar you know i hit a nerve, all that tripe is not coming from me, you should see the authors of the links and hit out at them eh? unlss you are totally in denial about Apple and the fact they are not behind the times in terms of technology which seems the case.
Side by side apps work great in iOS, no Jailbreak.

Look at your post history, 90% Apple, you’re nuts, you don’t own an Apple device and know nothing about them other than gutter media. I call you out in the hope you’ll save face and walk away, leave the adults to enjoy their devices but no, mention Apple and you’re out of your box.

Good that you’re admitting you often buy cack.
Old 25 November 2017, 07:12 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

i dont need to own a frapple device to know they are over priced outdated and underwhelming.

It would be gutter media wouldnt it because of the fact its slating Apple, funny that - i can pick any number of outlets and its gutter media every time even from mac sites.

running side by side apps on an iphone must be fun, what with all the huge resolution and display to play with.

The Note 4 was bad mainly due to the fact as it was locked into Korean networks, its still probably better than a 2017 iphone however.
Yup, totally useless on anything smaller than an iPad, iOS or Android, that’s why Apple don’t enable it on iPhones.

As you're hell bent on talking about Samsung on an Apple thread how about you let us know what’s in the latest one that’s new? Not bigger numbers, new. Like FaceID, 100% Apple developed new technology, hardware and software, never seen on an iPhone before. What’s new?
Old 25 November 2017, 07:22 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
Side by side apps work great in iOS, no Jailbreak.

Look at your post history, 90% Apple, you’re nuts, you don’t own an Apple device and know nothing about them other than gutter media. I call you out in the hope you’ll save face and walk away, leave the adults to enjoy their devices but no, mention Apple and you’re out of your box.

Good that you’re admitting you often buy cack.
still lower than your 99% apple posts lol
Old 25 November 2017, 09:44 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

you are too spaced out to see side by side apps on a S8 or Note 8; amazing what a large hi res screen enables you to do.

There is nothing new to talk about whats 'new' on iphones as most of it is either over hyped apple hyperbole or tech thats already been there and done that on androids.

Let me know when Apple have modern wireless charging or modem speeds and it would be a good start.

dont start me on '10 year old can hack' faceID.
Well done, nothing new. So two years of you bitching about how Apple don’t innovate, need to catch up, and your device of choice after 3 years does nothing new. You’ll twig one day.

Please do start on FaceID and you’ll get slapped with a custard pie when you stumble trying to tell me what’s better.

I’d love to talk here about the GPU as it’s stunning but you and that tit a few posts up won’t allow it, so I’ll save it and poke you with it later.
Old 25 November 2017, 10:28 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Why do you keep banging on about faceid? it's a **** idea which hasn't even implemented that well and can be hacked more easily than any other phone security.
Old 25 November 2017, 10:30 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Hacked easily, you what?!
Old 25 November 2017, 10:34 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by neil-h
Hacked easily, you what?!
Yup.

I keep banging on about it because it’s great. Bloke here has one I’m quite jealous.
Old 25 November 2017, 10:41 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

I’m just curious to see what he means by “easily hacked” ‘cus I’ve not seen anything posted on here far that would constitute easy.
Old 25 November 2017, 10:50 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by neil-h
I’m just curious to see what he means by “easily hacked” ‘cus I’ve not seen anything posted on here far that would constitute easy.
I think Apple say it’s 100x more secure than before, I’m looking forward to the explaination too, we’ll see a few links to revenue generating sites with click bait titles, nothing more.
Old 26 November 2017, 12:18 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

eh? its already been discussed. Parent's X hacked unintentionally by their child and another vid of 2 brothers i think doing the same. Yea really secure that.

Last edited by bioforger; 26 November 2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 26 November 2017, 07:07 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by bioforger
eh? its already been discussed. Parent's X hacked unintentionally by their child and another vid of 2 brothers i think doing the same. Yea really secure that.
There we go, seen a video on YouTube must be insecure. Meanwhile has a fingerprint scanner and a four digit passcode... on an Android device, probably rooted.

Laughable. Waiting for your other account to sign in an rant out the same videos.