Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iPhone 8

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2017, 08:36 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JackClark
Claims I can't back up, I claimed that your phone does not contain things that are in the iPhone 8, that the only reason it could have a larger battery in the same size case was if some other things were reduced, that's not a claim, that's a simple fact.

Your claim was that your phone has a bigger battery than the iPhone 8 lasts longer and does exactly the same, right? So show me your Taptic Engine, your 3D touch sensitive screen, your stereo speakers, want me to go on? All these things take space an power.

I hate dealing with children.
LOL you twist your claims and what you said now

Go back and read what was posted. You are beyond help.

I hate dealing with utter cretins.
Old 18 October 2017, 08:39 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

My own sake, protect me from **** like you.
protect you from looking like the monumental bell end you clearly are.
Old 18 October 2017, 09:17 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
Remind me why you’re taking the time to post here, that’s right, nothing relevant just being a *****.

Your phone’s not even an iPhone, I don’t see you trying to tell Samsung owners that you have a mystical device from the past, that fills all the space every other phone obviously wastes with a huge battery that quite frankly shouldn’t be needed and does everything their phone can. ****ing LOL. Peanonymous

If you want to talk about bans ask your mate Toffee *****, he was banned for the same dickish behavior.
Old 18 October 2017, 09:21 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Here’s a nice on topic photo from tonight, the low level ability of these cameras is stunning. This was a casual snap.

Old 19 October 2017, 10:30 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Remind me why you’re taking the time to post here, that’s right, nothing relevant just being a *****.

Your phone’s not even an iPhone, I don’t see you trying to tell Samsung owners that you have a mystical device from the past, that fills all the space every other phone obviously wastes with a huge battery that quite frankly shouldn’t be needed and does everything their phone can. ****ing LOL. Peanonymous

If you want to talk about bans ask your mate Toffee *****, he was banned for the same dickish behavior.
I'm here pointing out the utter boll0cks you spout and pulling you up on it.

Sadly you are mistaken thinking that you can post utter drivel and not be pulled up on it. Not by just me but by everyone else laughing at your idiocy.

Calling me or anyone else a ***** isn't going to detract from the utter bullsh!t you spout and what an utter cvnt you look It really is very sad for someone of your age. As mentioned previously psychiatric help is definitely in order for you
Old 20 October 2017, 08:12 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I'm here pointing out the utter boll0cks you spout and pulling you up on it.

Sadly you are mistaken thinking that you can post utter drivel and not be pulled up on it. Not by just me but by everyone else laughing at your idiocy.

Calling me or anyone else a ***** isn't going to detract from the utter bullsh!t you spout and what an utter cvnt you look It really is very sad for someone of your age. As mentioned previously psychiatric help is definitely in order for you
First a small reminder of why I'm calling you a *****.

Second, be proud man, you admittedly are only here to **** on bonfires. Lucky you it's Nov 5th soon, you'll be busy telling people what to do.

Again, iPhone 8 thread, some of us talked about the iPhone, some of us bought the iPhone, some of us turned up and said "you don't want to do that, you want to do this" that's you that is.
Old 20 October 2017, 11:22 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Fact is he's paid less than a third for a phone with siimilar specs less waterproofing and touch id ( havnt found use for it yet myself) , but with longer battery life

Consumers need be aware of the choices
Old 20 October 2017, 11:33 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by dpb
Fact is he's paid less than a third for a phone with siimilar specs less waterproofing and touch id ( havnt found use for it yet myself) , but with longer battery life

Consumers need be aware of the choices
Similar specs, ****ing LOL. So your'e saying his phone is at least as good as a Samsung S8, oh please.

No use for touch ID, how about opening your phone, paying for things, you know, normal everyday stuff for the rest of us.
Old 20 October 2017, 11:52 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

This is the spec of my daily drive, which I don't think is bad for a sub €200 device.

https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/7da9397e
Old 20 October 2017, 12:34 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Wurzel
This is the spec of my daily drive, which I don't think is bad for a sub €200 device.

https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/7da9397e
Thats a great deal for €200, the specs are good. I have an iPhone 6 that has similar specs that’s also a bargain.
Old 20 October 2017, 09:55 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

its pretty second hand surely
Old 20 October 2017, 11:58 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by dpb
its pretty second hand surely
It’s all about the specs and according to this thread the iPhone 6 is as good as the 8.
Old 23 October 2017, 09:08 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

First a small reminder of why I'm calling you a *****.

Second, be proud man, you admittedly are only here to **** on bonfires. Lucky you it's Nov 5th soon, you'll be busy telling people what to do.

Again, iPhone 8 thread, some of us talked about the iPhone, some of us bought the iPhone, some of us turned up and said "you don't want to do that, you want to do this" that's you that is.
Wrong on all counts and just your usual tactics when you are pulled up for spouting b0llocks, detract from the argument start calling posters a ***** and pretend the argument was over something completely different to what was pointed out

You continue to live in your blinkered fantasy World whilst the rest of us carry on laughing at you.
Old 23 October 2017, 09:58 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I quoted you calling me a bell end way before I called you Penonomous - still makes me chuckle. What also makes me chuckle is your belief that your phone has all the features of mine... ****ing lol. I listed a few of those as well and you didn't respond, I though you'd done the right thing and walked away but here you are again back stirring more **** and pouring it on your own head. Walk away you fool.
Old 23 October 2017, 02:04 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

I quoted you calling me a bell end way before I called you Penonomous - still makes me chuckle. What also makes me chuckle is your belief that your phone has all the features of mine... ****ing lol. I listed a few of those as well and you didn't respond, I though you'd done the right thing and walked away but here you are again back stirring more **** and pouring it on your own head. Walk away you fool.
Wrong again, nowhere have I claimed my phone had all the features of an iphone 8.

Go on quote exactly where I have said those exact words.

You really should learn to read but clearly you are too stupid to even manage that.
Old 23 October 2017, 02:55 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Wrong again, nowhere have I claimed my phone had all the features of an iphone 8.

Go on quote exactly where I have said those exact words.

You really should learn to read but clearly you are too stupid to even manage that.
Umm

"Lol the specs are great and no features are missing in terms of hardware lets post the specs:"

No features are missing. See that, now will you **** off.
Old 23 October 2017, 07:37 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Umm

"Lol the specs are great and no features are missing in terms of hardware lets post the specs:"

No features are missing. See that, now will you **** off.
Nowhere did I specify the iphone at the time it was in the context of phones generally. Posts #271 to #282 cover the conversation so how about you learn to read you stupid cvnt.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 23 October 2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 23 October 2017, 08:21 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Nowhere did I specify the iphone at the time it was in the context of phones generally. Posts #271 to #282 cover the conversation so how about you learn to read you stupid cvnt.
Just **** off while you have some dignity. This is a thread about the iPhone 8, of course people will think you’re comparing your phone to it, you plonker.
Old 23 October 2017, 11:17 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 6S def performed slower than my 8 , & I also had issues with battery ( esp outside it would just switch itself off if cold unless external power bank was fitted / also I have 2 family members who have issues on there 6s phones since installing IOS 11 ?
But back to the 8, my first was a dud , but it’s replacement has not disappointed
, no issues as yet x fingers
Old 23 October 2017, 11:21 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Interesting you should say that ...
Old 23 October 2017, 11:26 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Mine 6s is currently , at the moment, A1 on 4g in the house . Iv dropped the Wi-Fi calling , don't know how That might make a difference.
And it's not surreptitiously using Wi-Fi , cos I switched it off temporarily( at the wall)

Last edited by dpb; 23 October 2017 at 11:30 PM.
Old 23 October 2017, 11:53 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those issues are reported as
Screen locking
Phone call sound & connection problems
Web & data seems to have no issues tho
Old 24 October 2017, 08:34 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Another on the list is the screen staying on, mine does that sometimes.

Update out soon.
Old 24 October 2017, 12:47 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/23/appl...ight-away.html

lol
Old 24 October 2017, 01:15 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Me and Steve on the same page. I met him once at stupid o’clock in a BA lounge, he thanked me for my faith.... actually I just took a ****ty photo of his fancy watch stalker style
Old 24 October 2017, 01:18 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Just **** off while you have some dignity. This is a thread about the iPhone 8, of course people will think you’re comparing your phone to it, you plonker.
Everyone can read the context of the conversation you imbecile, it seems only you are incapable of doing that and makes you look even more stupid than you already do. As for telling me to **** off just
Old 24 October 2017, 01:28 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Everyone can read the context of the conversation you imbecile, it seems only you are incapable of doing that and makes you look even more stupid than you already do. As for telling me to **** off just
OMG, you either have thick skin or a thick head.

The context is you were trying to put down the iPhone for not having as big a battery as yours, that's it. When I mentioned that something has to give to fit a bigger battery into the same size device you foolishly stated that your phone had all the same features as the iPhone, then tried to walk back on it. A sensible man would have just walked away, but no, you went all Trump on us. As Rex would say "Moron"
Old 24 October 2017, 11:13 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

OMG, you either have thick skin or a thick head.

The context is you were trying to put down the iPhone for not having as big a battery as yours, that's it. When I mentioned that something has to give to fit a bigger battery into the same size device you foolishly stated that your phone had all the same features as the iPhone, then tried to walk back on it. A sensible man would have just walked away, but no, you went all Trump on us. As Rex would say "Moron"
Absolute bullsh!t, you really are unbelievably thick I've already told you to go and read it again it's clear to see the context of the conversation (including your own replies) was not specific to the iphone but smart phones in general as I wasn't singling out just iphones. You are the one trying to backtrack on your claims my phone must be missing hardware compared to all other phones by now claiming I was specifically comparing to the iphone
Old 24 October 2017, 11:37 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

One more time, iPhone thread, why would anyone think you were comparing your device to anything else. Like I said earlier, you should have walked away, now you just look like a scolded child.
Old 25 October 2017, 08:50 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

I fail to see being the avid apple proponent that you are Jack that you havnt taken the leap fwd to embrace the tech involved in iphone x , and stumped up the extra 10 percent