Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Internet explorer, slow.. help!

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2017, 02:24 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Internet explorer, slow.. help!

Pulling my hair out over this.

My laptop seems to run ok when doing invoicing etc but when I go online internet explorer is painfully slow. For example scrolling down it lags and clicking in boxes to type takes ages etc.

When I open task manager it seems the RAM is running really high and iexplorer is running at circa 850,000 K just sat at idle and RAM being used is always seeming to be over 2GB & fan running with only IE open as soon as I close IE it drops to 900MB ram used.

I'd assumed a virus but I had bullguard AV, no probs. I even removed that and downloaded another AV and still ok after a check.

I've tried uninstalling AV and using Windows defender to see if the speed online increased, still the same.

I've defragged my HD (in fact it gets regularly done) I've deleted loads of unwanted pics I had to free up some space on my HD (my HD has 138gb free of 284gb available so not even near full)

I've deleted all the programs I don't need, I've tried Windows performance issues etc. Windows and everything else is all up to date.

I've tried Firefox and that seems better but still slow and laggy but not anywhere near as bad as IE.

I've checked for any unwanted tool bar ad ons but nothing untoward.

Just both IE and Firefox sat idle on eBay for example, in the CPU column of task man IE will be around 24 and Firefox goes to 4 max.

Surely if it's just sat there I.E. shouldn't be running like this?
Old 04 February 2017, 07:20 AM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Download Regseeker and adwcleaner.
1.Install adwcleaner and scan. Delete any unwanted pup's etc.
2.Run in safe mode.
Install Regseeker and "Find in Registry" search for any associations with previously uninstalled programs etc. Select and delete.Repeat for all other possible uninstalled programs.
3."Clean registry" select and delete all "Green" highlighted items.