Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Apples Watch and stuff

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2015, 05:56 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Have a read of this as well, and consider the demographic that might buy the Macbook.

http://bgr.com/2015/03/11/macbook-vs...s-macbook-pro/
Old 13 March 2015, 10:38 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Geezer
Of course Jack, spoken like a true Apple fanboi. Thing is, it's not just me that is saying it though.

If you want to drop several hundred pounds on a trinket with limited use, be my guest.
How many £000 did you drop on your last car Geezer, considering that for 99% of the time a Kia Picanto does pretty much the same job.

We as consumers buy luxury items because we want to and we can. The value is in the enjoyment we as the consumer derives from the product. Not how "useful" it is.

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean its not worthy.

When you got your MY00 Subaru, I wonder how many people looked at you and went "****"
Old 13 March 2015, 01:58 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Devildog
How many £000 did you drop on your last car Geezer, considering that for 99% of the time a Kia Picanto does pretty much the same job.

We as consumers buy luxury items because we want to and we can. The value is in the enjoyment we as the consumer derives from the product. Not how "useful" it is.

Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean its not worthy.

When you got your MY00 Subaru, I wonder how many people looked at you and went "****"
You're missing the point somewhat. Of course people can buy whatever they want, it's their money. WHat I object to is idiots like Jack telling everyone and their dog that Apple have invented everything, that Apple products are better than all other products of the same type, and that anyone who deosn;t buy in to the Apple eco system is somehow mentally impaired or wasting their money.

If someone wants to buy an Apple Watch and never use it, great. It's your money. Equally, spunk £3k on a guitar that you can't play, but a Ferrari and only use to it go shopping at Lidl.

However, I have pointed out (and this is echoed widely) that smart watches in general are going to be hard to sell, for various reasons. After the initial rush of people buying it because it's Apple, it may well see sales stagnate.

As for my MY00, maybe they did think that, I don't really care. However, I didn't go on a load of forums and tell people that it was the greatest car ever, and theirs were ****, and they were idiots for buying them, buy cheap, buy twice etc etc drivel that Jack continually pours out.
Old 13 March 2015, 02:44 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

You get annoyed with me on threads I start. How do you think I feel about you **** talking on my threads, if you don't like my posts block me.
Old 13 March 2015, 03:51 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by JackClark
You get annoyed with me on threads I start. How do you think I feel about you **** talking on my threads, if you don't like my posts block me.
Ok, first things first, you didn't start this thread, so that kinda makes no sense for this discussion.

Secondly, for threads you do start, do you just want people to suck up to you and worship Apple, but not disagree with you? Is that what you are saying Jack, that if you start a thread, no one can disagree?

You can post whatever you like, it's a free world. However, so can I. If someone disagreeing with your Applecentric view of the world upsets you so much, take your own advice and put me on your block list.
Old 13 March 2015, 04:10 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

That is true, didn't notice, but you do appear on every thread I start regarding Apple and rant on about how I'm a ***** for enjoying Apple products.

You can disagree, absolutely, crack on, but stop whining about my opinion. I guess it must sting a bit when I'm right, you by the way are very wrong about adoption of Smart Watches. Come back in a year, see how wrong you were... again.
Old 13 March 2015, 04:32 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

That is true, didn't notice, but you do appear on every thread I start regarding Apple and rant on about how I'm a ***** for enjoying Apple products.

You can disagree, absolutely, crack on, but stop whining about my opinion. I guess it must sting a bit when I'm right, you by the way are very wrong about adoption of Smart Watches. Come back in a year, see how wrong you were... again.
But it's not just that Jack. You can like Apple products. I like Apple products. It's your ridiculous claims that naff people off, and your holier than thou atttitude about you and other Apple users are soooooo smart, when in reality, they are no better than anyone else.

The fact that in a year's time Apple may have sold shed load makes no odds. Apple could make iTurd and the faithful would but it.

What Apple are the best at is persuading portions of the population that they need their products no matter what, and that nothing else comes close, and I take my hat off them to that (you have obviously fallen for it hook, line and sinker). They have sold the brand, the products are largely irrelevant.
Old 13 March 2015, 04:47 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Here's the thing, you and others made that up about me and Apple users in general, you're also struggling to realise that Apple products may in fact be good, you need to step away for a bit and let others enjoy what they have.
Old 14 March 2015, 05:24 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
USB-C connector, MSI announced it was putting this on its gaming laptops due to be shipped in March 2015 (announced Jan 2015, 3 months before Apple).

Levano, announced its lightest laptops ever, one with a touchscreen comes in at 2.04lbs, one without comes in even lighter at 1.74lbs, again, january 2015 (these also dont use the core M processor but the full fat Intel 5th gen chips).

Innovation from Apple? Where??
You'll like this http://www.anandtech.com/show/9061/l...3-pro-review/4 same processor as the Macbook.
Old 15 March 2015, 11:02 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok here's what I'm doing im not getting the watch I'm kinda a guy who wears a watch till i breaks I never take it off. I do like th idea of the apple watch I just cannot be arsed charging it all th the time though....

That being said I do want the gold Mac book so I'm going with that option first...

I'm interested in a new Bell & Ross watch instead when I save up and have bought the wife her next Mountain Bike which could be 6k gulp!!!!!
Old 15 March 2015, 11:18 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Littleted
Ok here's what I'm doing im not getting the watch I'm kinda a guy who wears a watch till i breaks I never take it off. I do like th idea of the apple watch I just cannot be arsed charging it all th the time though....

That being said I do want the gold Mac book so I'm going with that option first...

I'm interested in a new Bell & Ross watch instead when I save up and have bought the wife her next Mountain Bike which could be 6k gulp!!!!!
Gold! Hello Sailor!! What you need to do is buy your wife a few kitchen appliances instead, I can guarentee she'll be far happier, all women love it
Old 16 March 2015, 12:45 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

Increased battery with:

Reserve strap
http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/news/...osts-%C2%A3166
Old 16 March 2015, 01:36 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Money for old rope innit
Old 16 March 2015, 05:06 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Here's the thing, you and others made that up about me and Apple users in general, you're also struggling to realise that Apple products may in fact be good, you need to step away for a bit and let others enjoy what they have.
Jack, I have never said they are not good. That is clearly ridiculous. I have several, they are very good.

But so is the competitor's stuff.

As for your commet about needing to step away from it and let them enjoy it, maybe you should step away from your constant "buy cheap buy twice" etc. as there are plenty of people who don't need high end stuff (of whatever make) or who may not be able to afford Apple stuff even if they want it, how do you think that makes them feel.

Maybe you should join AA (Apple Anonymous) "today I am not going to mention an Apple product" and then take each day as it comes.
Old 16 March 2015, 05:25 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I don't constantly say "buy cheap, buy twice" I say it when someone bought cheap and it breaks down, which is far too often I know.

Yes, some people do enjoy competing products, that's awesome, I keep away from those threads and let them enjoy their products, no one like a bonfire pisser.
Old 19 March 2015, 12:38 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I know Tony said there was nothing special about the battery tech, but I'd rather listen to Jeff Chamberlain, executive director of the Joint Center for Energy Storage Research.

http://www.wired.com/2015/03/apples-new-battery-tech/
Old 19 March 2015, 03:38 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try some real battery innovation Jack, and not from Apple

http://thenextweb.com/opinion/2015/0...ry-innovation/
Old 19 March 2015, 03:49 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Try some real battery innovation Jack, and not from Apple

http://thenextweb.com/opinion/2015/0...ry-innovation/
I think we both know that Apple are always working on 'Better' and when better exists they use it.
Old 05 April 2015, 07:21 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

I do like the Mickey Mouse function though! Presume they had to pay disney a fortune for it???!
Old 05 April 2015, 08:36 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Because it's not properly waterproof I'm passing. I wear it all the time, and sometimes forget to take it off. I don't want that hassle...

Maybe the next one will be 100,% waterproof
Old 05 April 2015, 11:11 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Give it a few weeks and we'll know the limits, mine just has to be a bit rain proof and that's it, it'll still be on the charger when I'm in the shower and swimming's so rare that taking it off won't be an issue.
Old 05 April 2015, 12:11 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Still can't believe the price though Jack

£99 would have been better.I note you have to make an appointment to buy one too!!
Old 05 April 2015, 12:13 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I can totally believe the price. £99 isn't close to enough for what you're getting, even waste of time Android watches cost more than that.
Old 10 April 2015, 11:34 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Littleted
Because it's not properly waterproof I'm passing. I wear it all the time, and sometimes forget to take it off. I don't want that hassle...

Maybe the next one will be 100,% waterproof
You can get electronics nano coated to make them fully waterproof - http://www.liquipel.com/ is one of a number of companies doing this
Old 10 April 2015, 11:42 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Hmm - Looking at the preorder for the watch and its saying despatched in June

What about 24th April? What's the point of pre-ordering for something available in April, when it only gets sent in June?
Old 10 April 2015, 02:03 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

You had to be quick to get an April delivery. Got my order in at 8.02am with April 24th'ish delivery, checked again, June.
Old 10 April 2015, 08:54 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Unreal!

Email only arrived at 10.30 & online at 11.15, so how many units got ordered in the UK this morning that meant they were all sold out for over a month?

Supply problems?
Old 10 April 2015, 09:19 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Someone will say that they're holding back stock to drive demand, but that's phlogiston, a lot of watches will have been sold this morning in a very efficient manner in a very short time to as many people as possible.
Old 10 April 2015, 09:27 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

They made in China?
Old 10 April 2015, 09:58 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

I went for new Mac today and after seeing it was 6 to 8 weeks I ended up pricing up a new 13 inch air and also a new 13 inch pro still undecided which , pros prob better for what I need..... Prob won't get either lol....

Quick Reply: Apples Watch and stuff