Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Impreza "fake WRC" from Spain

Old 30 January 2019, 11:04 AM
  #31  
mikelatz
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
mikelatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: barañain, basque country
Posts: 142
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes View Post
Depends if you want to actually use them , the ones on my WRC car were useless , I've fitted standard ones to my road car so I can see out of them
For sure, my car is a road car, also its a RHD car in a LHD country, so i need a functional mirrors hehehe.

mikelatz is offline  
Old 30 January 2019, 12:08 PM
  #32  
mikelatz
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
mikelatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: barañain, basque country
Posts: 142
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Jarama circuit in Madrid

mikelatz is offline  
Old 30 January 2019, 03:10 PM
  #33  
Godspeed Brakes
THE braking specialist
iTrader: (259)
 
Godspeed Brakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Posts: 7,904
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Who made your kit Mikel ?
Car looks great
Godspeed Brakes is offline  
Old 30 January 2019, 03:32 PM
  #34  
mikelatz
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
mikelatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: barañain, basque country
Posts: 142
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes View Post
Who made your kit Mikel ?
Car looks great
Its not really a kit, i bought all the pieces separately.

Front bumper is original from s6 in carbon fiber
Rear bumper original from s5 in fiberglass
bonnet vents and side skirts from yuriy Antonenko
Front wings cheap auction in ebay, are made in kevlar, really good purchase
Rear quarter panels from ABW, fiberglas with carbon fiber reinforcement layer
And the rear spoiler another cheap piece from ebay, too much work to make it fit in the car but the results i thinks its very good

Im very lucky to find the original bumpers and wheels, in my humble opinion the result is very good.

The final touch will be the S6 front lip, and i have one but its too low and the car does not enter in the garage hehe.

Thanks for the interest
mikelatz is offline  
Old 30 January 2019, 03:41 PM
  #35  
mikelatz
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
mikelatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: barañain, basque country
Posts: 142
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default



mikelatz is offline  
Old 30 January 2019, 05:16 PM
  #36  
Godspeed Brakes
THE braking specialist
iTrader: (259)
 
Godspeed Brakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Posts: 7,904
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by mikelatz View Post
Its not really a kit, i bought all the pieces separately.

Front bumper is original from s6 in carbon fiber
Rear bumper original from s5 in fiberglass
bonnet vents and side skirts from yuriy Antonenko
Front wings cheap auction in ebay, are made in kevlar, really good purchase
Rear quarter panels from ABW, fiberglas with carbon fiber reinforcement layer
And the rear spoiler another cheap piece from ebay, too much work to make it fit in the car but the results i thinks its very good

Im very lucky to find the original bumpers and wheels, in my humble opinion the result is very good.

The final touch will be the S6 front lip, and i have one but its too low and the car does not enter in the garage hehe.

Thanks for the interest
Spoke to Yuriy a few times , very helpful , and enthusiastic guy , if you ever need any parts , try Jamie from The Project , expensive parts as they are made in Carbon fibre , but everything is a perfect fit , the only part he didn't supply was my rear spoiler , that was supplied by Rallytech , and was a lot of work to make it nice

Originally Posted by mikelatz View Post


Second photo looks great , the car is such an Iconic shape , really looking forward to finishing mine and getting out and enjoying it
Godspeed Brakes is offline  
Old 30 January 2019, 05:53 PM
  #37  
mikelatz
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
mikelatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: barañain, basque country
Posts: 142
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Godspeed Brakes View Post
Spoke to Yuriy a few times , very helpful , and enthusiastic guy , if you ever need any parts , try Jamie from The Project , expensive parts as they are made in Carbon fibre , but everything is a perfect fit , the only part he didn't supply was my rear spoiler , that was supplied by Rallytech , and was a lot of work to make it nice




Second photo looks great , the car is such an Iconic shape , really looking forward to finishing mine and getting out and enjoying it
Yes, yuriy its a really nice guy. I also speak with Jamie from the project and their kit its really awesome, a piece of art.

I followed your build on Facebook and its another level hehe congratulations. i hope to see updates soon
mikelatz is offline  
Old 31 January 2019, 05:22 PM
  #38  
Itamar_M
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Israel
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

THIS CAR IS BEAUTIFUL!!

I just realized that I follow your Instagram page too...
Itamar_M is offline  
Old 31 January 2019, 05:23 PM
  #39  
Itamar_M
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Israel
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mikelatz View Post
Awesome work Ian. i see the progress on facebook, really nice work, congratulations for the results becouse it really looks like an WRC car.
Any link to the Facebook page so we can follow too?
Itamar_M is offline  
Old 01 February 2019, 11:25 AM
  #40  
Bealejonathan
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Buckinghamshire
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Wow! Still the best looking impreza!

Bealejonathan is offline  
Old 01 February 2019, 05:30 PM
  #41  
mikelatz
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
mikelatz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: barañain, basque country
Posts: 142
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks to all for the coments. Im mikel oppentech on instagram and facebook. you can see some photos of the build and the complete build since i bought the car on clubsubaru.es.

I will upload more photos
mikelatz is offline  
Old 04 February 2019, 08:53 AM
  #42  
LewisScoob
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
LewisScoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 773
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mikelatz View Post
For sure, my car is a road car, also its a RHD car in a LHD country, so i need a functional mirrors hehehe.

Different strokes for different folks I guess... I had them on a previous car and didn't think they were all that bad. Although, with the steering wheel on the wrong side in Spain you really will need good mirrors! LOL
LewisScoob is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
beenyman
Subaru Parts
13
19 March 2019 07:38 PM
The Trooper 1815
ScoobyNet General
24
04 September 2016 10:48 AM
smith28
ScoobyNet General
22
28 July 2013 09:50 AM
ex-webby
ScoobyNet General
23
25 July 2009 10:10 PM
Paul N P
ScoobyNet General
0
09 February 2001 08:37 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Impreza "fake WRC" from Spain


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.