Notices
Wanted Tell us what you're looking for and someone here is very likely to be able to help you find it.

Type R/RA/ STI RA Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2017, 09:47 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it's 25yrs to be able to register it in the US... but nothing to stop anyone importing one and using it as a track car for a few years... might actually be a good idea to get one now as the prices will surely rise further by 2022 when you'll be able to import the first of the Type R's V3 and put them on the road.
Old 03 February 2017, 10:23 AM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In years to come they will go the same way as the likes of the ford RS's. The importer i'm dealing with has told me that prices are on the rise and there are less and less good cars left now even in Japan. I'm trying to bag one now rather than wait for the GBP to get stronger against the Yen which I don't think is going to happen any time soon.
Old 03 February 2017, 10:56 AM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

agree 100% Short supply in Japan and good demand world wide..! IF you are on a budget then you can easily buy one cheaper already in the UK but you will just have to find a decent one thats rust free but they are out there.

Last edited by RAF1; 03 February 2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03 February 2017, 11:11 AM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by burt2000
In years to come they will go the same way as the likes of the ford RS's. The importer i'm dealing with has told me that prices are on the rise and there are less and less good cars left now even in Japan. I'm trying to bag one now rather than wait for the GBP to get stronger against the Yen which I don't think is going to happen any time soon.
They will never go the same way as the for RS's they do not have the same following!
Old 03 February 2017, 11:14 AM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RAF1
agree 100% Short supply in Japan and good demand world wide..! IF you are on a budget then you can easily buy one cheaper already in the UK but you will just have to find a decent one thats rust free but they are out there.
RAF you have some very nice examples and would be the first and only point of call for a freshly imported classic. I was at Andys the other week, that grey type R is the cleanest I have ever seen. When I look what people are paying for average examples, the grey minter you have is very well priced.

Really do like like the WRX type R that you have, that's a cheap car!
Old 03 February 2017, 11:19 AM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Cheers Mate. Glad to see someone that appreciates a good classic like myself...!! The blue is defo a nice example WRX Type-R and rare in UK but same old people "OOh its not an STi" LOL just the same as I was getting with the Blob Spec C Motorsport. Ringing me up and trying to knock the price down because it didnt have a huge rear spoiler / Brembo Brakes and STi seats... I just turned around and said go buy an STi then as this is clearly not for you !
However the guy that bought it knew what he wanted and bought it on the spot !

Judging by what the cars are now doing in Japan (funny how prices increase month on month) i'm in two minds about knocking the price up on them

Raf

Originally Posted by joe v3sti
RAF you have some very nice examples and would be the first and only point of call for a freshly imported classic. I was at Andys the other week, that grey type R is the cleanest I have ever seen. When I look what people are paying for average examples, the grey minter you have is very well priced.

Really do like like the WRX type R that you have, that's a cheap car!
Old 03 February 2017, 11:34 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They will never go the same way as the for RS's they do not have the same following!
I disagree... Ford RS is more a UK thing... ok there are those that are mildly interested in them outside the UK but my experience out here in Croatia everyman, woman, girl, boy and his dog knows what a Subaru Impreza is, everytime I went anywhere in my Type R it drew a crowed, just parking it outside the shop and coming back to it to people peering inside wandering around it, pointing, talking taking pictures... yet they're not interested in Fords out here and it's only the real car nuts that know about RS's Mk1's etc.... and probably now more so only because of Ken Block and Fast & Furious.

Subarus are more of this era despite them being 20yrs old, Play Station and the internet have cemented them in to the minds of people that otherwise would have on idea oh and the sound of the flat four, even my 70 odd year old granny of a neighbour said she liked the sound.

I guess time will tell, but as mentioned earlier, I think they're are far too many people willing to talk the mark down, Mk1's /MK2's are $h!t by comparison to an Impreza turbo, I grew up with them and drove enough to know back in the days when you could pick one up for 200 quid and if you tried to sell one for more than about £400 you'd be hanging on to it for a while, why... because they were a rusty un reliable bag of $h!t in reality.
Old 03 February 2017, 11:36 AM
joe v3sti
Scooby Regular

That blob spec C was another car, remember you telling me about that!
Genuinely hand on heart I've seen loads of R.A.S.P cars at Andys as I'm always there and they always lovely examples! Would be my choice for a fresh import and I'm a right fussy sod
Old 03 February 2017, 11:46 AM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

Well maybe not the crazy money they make as Ford RS's are British made and do have a lot of heritage, even know most of them drive like ****(I do like certain RS's btw and have owned 2 but down a back road they have nothing on a jap 2.0 Turbo 4WD car)

The classic impreza's are a generation ahead of most of the RS cars so their time is yet to come imo. As fellas get older they will pay good money for memories, cars with character and the nostalgia of 1990's rallying etc
Old 06 February 2017, 06:03 PM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

Sorted...i've went to the darkside again instead
Old 28 June 2017, 10:34 AM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

Bumping this back up. I sold my evo as it just wasn't doing it for me im a Subaru man and there's no getting away from it. I'm after a type r now so if theres any out there let me know as I have money here for the right car, no rusty ones or dodgy mechanicals please. I just want an honest car.