Notices

SWS Monthly Meet Thursday 10th September

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2015, 11:31 AM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Andy, it certainly is a very good car indeed. As you all know I still own my classic, love the car to bits and can't see me parting with it anytime soon unless I was offered the right amount of cash, but as with any club it cannot survive without members and with Subaru not producing a car anymore that anyone would like to buy in larger numbers and older cars being broken for spares it's inevitable that Subaru ownership will drop away as it has done over the past few years or so as people move on to other marques.
Area 51 Subaru Club have changed their name a number of weeks back as I think it was realised it would not survive without members of other marques.
Above all, I've made some very good friends within the SWS community which I love spending time with and sincerely hope this will continue for many years to come along with SWS as a club. In my personal opinion it's not about the car you drive as we all have a passion for the same thing and that's the love of the affordable performance car.

Last edited by Peter Pan; 13 September 2015 at 11:35 AM.
Old 14 September 2015, 10:47 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Peter Pan
Thanks Andy, it certainly is a very good car indeed. As you all know I still own my classic, love the car to bits and can't see me parting with it anytime soon unless I was offered the right amount of cash, but as with any club it cannot survive without members and with Subaru not producing a car anymore that anyone would like to buy in larger numbers and older cars being broken for spares it's inevitable that Subaru ownership will drop away as it has done over the past few years or so as people move on to other marques.
Area 51 Subaru Club have changed their name a number of weeks back as I think it was realised it would not survive without members of other marques.
Above all, I've made some very good friends within the SWS community which I love spending time with and sincerely hope this will continue for many years to come along with SWS as a club. In my personal opinion it's not about the car you drive as we all have a passion for the same thing and that's the love of the affordable performance car.
Well said Jay.