Notices

New Car Choice

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2015, 06:42 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice colour Ty
Old 01 March 2015, 07:12 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI Glenn
Colour looks good Ty but loooks dark silver in pics
Thanks the trouble with all the fluorescent lights Glenn, they make everything look far lighter than it actually is.

Originally Posted by simb 2
Nice colour Ty
Thanks Si.
Old 01 March 2015, 10:52 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

I agree, nice colour choice on the wheels and the wheels themselves do look very nice on a hatch, personally I'm not a huge fan of Black wheels on any car, as I've said before they never seem to show up that well in any photo's. Mine are being done very soon although I do like the colour they are now I'm just a **** for a Gold wheel on an Impreza.
Old 03 March 2015, 09:03 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peter Pan
I agree, nice colour choice on the wheels and the wheels themselves do look very nice on a hatch, personally I'm not a huge fan of Black wheels on any car, as I've said before they never seem to show up that well in any photo's. Mine are being done very soon although I do like the colour they are now I'm just a **** for a Gold wheel on an Impreza.
I agree Jay, dark wheel colours are so yesterday, like the XXR wheels they are popular for a while but eventually sense comes back and the old favourites come back into popularity.
Old 03 March 2015, 09:57 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I agree Jay, dark wheel colours are so yesterday, like the XXR wheels they are popular for a while but eventually sense comes back and the old favourites come back into popularity.

I have a set of Gold STi Blob alloys and the current black wheels fitted. I am a sucker for white and the black alloys will probably go that way.

It like good rock music, all we do now is play homage to the 70's and early 80's bands. And AC/DC just keep giving.
Old 06 March 2015, 12:31 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

My now completed TMIC, for reference we measured the core depth on this to the standard OE item - 100mm vs 55mm, plus the better quality motorsport core will mean that this outperform the OE by some margin.

My brand new Prodrive GT2 wheels which have been refinished in BWM Sepang Bronze, it really is hard from the pics to see the way that the colour changes with light but I have to say I am really pleased with them and the contrast depending on the lighting conditions.

Old 06 March 2015, 04:31 PM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

Fair play that looks lovely Ty good choice.

That cooler looks a work of art, fair play to them! Should make decent power easy enough on that bad boy
Old 06 March 2015, 04:52 PM
AbbasSTI
Scooby Regular

Cooler looks like a work of art
Old 06 March 2015, 08:01 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
Fair play that looks lovely Ty good choice.

That cooler looks a work of art, fair play to them! Should make decent power easy enough on that bad boy
Originally Posted by AbbasSTI
Cooler looks like a work of art
Thanks, yes the wheels have turned out exactly as I'd hoped for but the intercooler is pretty damn nice I have to say. 😁
Old 06 March 2015, 08:04 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Lovely! Get it lowered now.....but I'm sure it's on the to do list
Old 06 March 2015, 08:16 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simb 2
Lovely! Get it lowered now.....but I'm sure it's on the to do list
It is Si but that is some way off yet.

I've had some delays thrust onto me due to missed delivery dates, I wouldn't mind too much but it's been a case of me having to chase answers rather than then informing me.

I have tried using the seven P's rule in this build / project but being in the hands of others leaves you open to the vagaries of human nature.
Old 07 March 2015, 08:15 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Looking good ty ,, think I still would of went for white wheels , I just love blue and white though lol
Old 07 March 2015, 10:20 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by domino46
Looking good ty ,, think I still would of went for white wheels , I just love blue and white though lol
Thanks Steve, I've had white wheels before and agree on a WR blue car the results are great when they're clean but that's only for about 0.1% of the time.
Old 07 March 2015, 12:38 PM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
Thanks Steve, I've had white wheels before and agree on a WR blue car the results are great when they're clean but that's only for about 0.1% of the time.
Yeah I have to agree ,, I was tempted to change my colour but the dark colour whatever it is has grown on me as iv only had to clean them twice since owning it and that's a greatfull change lol
Old 09 March 2015, 10:01 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Default A Bit Of A Surprise

Yesterday I was made an offer on the car 'as it is' which quite frankly I had to give some very serious thought, so the car will be leaving my posession today (subject to payment being received that is).

I honestly wasn't looking to sell the car and it only came about by a pure chance coversation, the new owner isn't a member of SWS and isn't known to the club either plus they are from out of the area as well.

The new owner has asked that this is kept private which I am happy to do as it's his business and his alone, I am not too sure about what to do next with regards to it's replacement but I do know it won't be an Impreza.
Old 09 March 2015, 10:16 AM
S3LDM
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You Got issues dear..!!!

If I had put all the time and money into a car like you have there is no way I would sell it...I think you need to have a long hard think on what you want, and to be honest I don’t think you will ever find what you’re looking for in a car, because I don’t think you know yourself Ty.

If it's not going to be an impreza and your sure of it, why did you start this project for.?

Amazed :0
Old 09 March 2015, 10:28 AM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

Wow, that's a suprise to say the least, we were all looking forward to seeing the end result but above all else your happy with the sale and that's what counts. Whatever you decide to buy next I hope to see back and Subaru and attending meets and events.
Old 09 March 2015, 10:47 AM
Infected by sti
Scooby Regular

No way

You ain't even driven it to know if you like it yet, modifications complete that is

Just a buy a feckin porsche
Old 09 March 2015, 11:01 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by S3LDM
You Got issues dear..!!!

If I had put all the time and money into a car like you have there is no way I would sell it...I think you need to have a long hard think on what you want, and to be honest I don’t think you will ever find what you’re looking for in a car, because I don’t think you know yourself Ty.

If it's not going to be an impreza and your sure of it, why did you start this project for.?

Amazed :0
Well I was sure of what I wanted when it began but over time anyone will have changes of direction and even question their ongoing interest, but if someone came along and made a very generous offer on your car wouldn't you give it some serious consideration?

I didn't even offer my car up for sale, a suggestion was made that got me thinking, I can think of others who given the right offer would also sell up, it was nice that there was no haggling or tyre kicking as well.

Originally Posted by Peter Pan
Wow, that's a suprise to say the least, we were all looking forward to seeing the end result but above all else your happy with the sale and that's what counts. Whatever you decide to buy next I hope to see back and Subaru and attending meets and events.
Thanks Jay, I will still be able to follow the project progress and know how it finally turns out so I can (if the new owner doesn't mind that is) still give a final 'result'.

Originally Posted by Infected by sti
No way

You ain't even driven it to know if you like it yet, modifications complete that is

Just a buy a feckin porsche
A 911 or a Boxster is a real possiblity along with a lot of other cars, I have some thinking to do.
Old 09 March 2015, 11:14 AM
matt-c
Scooby Regular

Received 118 Likes on 80 Posts

Cayman.
Old 09 March 2015, 01:14 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matt-c
Cayman.
That is a possiblity although it may be beyond my budget, but they are a great car.
Old 09 March 2015, 02:08 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I knew it would not make Rally Day. But needs must. Get a Pish Yellow Poxster S next.
Old 09 March 2015, 02:18 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
I knew it would not make Rally Day. But needs must. Get a Pish Yellow Poxster S next.
Ian, there are no 'needs must' I did not need to sell the car, selling it until somebody made an offer for it was the last thing on my mind.

At the end of it all it someone made a generous offer and I accepted it, like I said in an earlier post most people would sell if the offer was the right one.
Old 09 March 2015, 03:49 PM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

well done ty I always say everything is for sale at the right price .there are plenty of cars for sale out there the hardest part is usually selling what you got hope all goes well for you
Old 09 March 2015, 04:01 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ozzreid1964
well done ty I always say everything is for sale at the right price .there are plenty of cars for sale out there the hardest part is usually selling what you got hope all goes well for you
Thanks Ozz, I appreciate the kind words.
Old 09 March 2015, 04:58 PM
The Sheep Worrier
Scooby Regular

Well I was bloody looking forward to giving the Hatch a bloody good spanking over the range and all!!!

I don't blame you ty, it all happens for a reason mate. I wish I was more like you and Ozz, and could part with my cars/bikes and other toys easier, I would be a lot better off no dobut and had a sensible head sold everything that is not getting used these days, my Subaru included.

Looking forward to your next choice of car, as long as it's not an evo I won't unfriend you on Facebook lmfao
Old 09 March 2015, 05:12 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Sheep Worrier
Well I was bloody looking forward to giving the Hatch a bloody good spanking over the range and all!!!

I don't blame you ty, it all happens for a reason mate. I wish I was more like you and Ozz, and could part with my cars/bikes and other toys easier, I would be a lot better off no dobut and had a sensible head sold everything that is not getting used these days, my Subaru included.

Looking forward to your next choice of car, as long as it's not an evo I won't unfriend you on Facebook lmfao
Thanks Rob, I can always count on you to make me laugh - and no an Evo definitely isn't on the horizon.

Last edited by Cannon Fodder; 09 March 2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09 March 2015, 05:31 PM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I m not surprised he he
Old 09 March 2015, 07:11 PM
KJD Mk1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't say I'm really surprised as I really don't think your heart has been in a Subaru since the Spec C and all that came with it.

Take you time now Tyron and even time out for a bit so you can focus on a new adventure
Old 09 March 2015, 08:09 PM
matt-c
Scooby Regular

Received 118 Likes on 80 Posts

Will we ever find out what this fancy top mount was capable of?

Quick Reply: New Car Choice