Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2015, 12:15 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default evo 'How Fast' trackday 31 October Bedford Autodrome

I've just signed up for this:
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/16275/evo-...-sky-insurance

One hour of track time followed by 2 timed laps (with max 3 cars on track during timed laps) for £75 (if you do the early session) or £100 for the later ones.

Anyone else doing it?
Old 09 July 2015, 04:32 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds interesting, quite fancy that. Me likes the timed laps. Why is the earlier session cheaper? Any idea?
Old 09 July 2015, 04:42 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by S204Darren
That sounds interesting, quite fancy that. Me likes the timed laps. Why is the earlier session cheaper? Any idea?
To get the slackers out of bed I suppose!

Old 09 July 2015, 04:56 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

Just booked the 10am session. Looking forward to this, never been to an EVO event.
Old 09 July 2015, 05:26 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Just booked the 10am session. Looking forward to this, never been to an EVO event.
Me neither, and haven't done any track time in my Impreza yet. Already thinking about suspension upgrades!

Did you book for the session doing timed runs at 10am, or the one with sign-on starting at 10am? I am doing the early one, sign-on at 8.

Either way will try to say hello. Mine's an 05 WRX Wagon with the PPP, otherwise totally stock.
Old 09 July 2015, 05:34 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

It's 2 hours at least for me probably more like 2 1/2 with my trailer so I'm booking on at 10. Please come and say hello I'll be in a white blob Spec C. Oh and thanks for the heads up on the event. See October.
Old 14 July 2015, 10:05 AM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

It's 2 hours at least for me probably more like 2 1/2 with my trailer so I'm booking on at 10. Please come and say hello
Oh duh, I just looked up where the track actually is and it's 2 hours' drive for me too! So rather than leaving the house at 0530 I have booked on to the second session instead, so will definitely see you there.
Old 14 July 2015, 09:36 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boggissimo
Oh duh, I just looked up where the track actually is and it's 2 hours' drive for me too! So rather than leaving the house at 0530 I have booked on to the second session instead, so will definitely see you there.
Good lad fair play. See you then
Old 18 September 2015, 01:32 PM
matieboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like it could be fun never been to Bedford was going to give a go but we normally end up at brands or silverstone I'm definitely up for a go.
Old 21 October 2015, 07:57 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

Not long now fingers crossed my car is ready in time. Really looking forward to this you never know it might not rain!
Old 22 October 2015, 09:57 AM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Not long now fingers crossed my car is ready in time. Really looking forward to this you never know it might not rain!
Hehe, even if it does at least the 4WD will be good for us! I'm getting coilovers fitted today, gives them a week to settle before I get the alignment done.
Old 02 November 2015, 03:49 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Didn't see you there so I'm guessing your car wasn't ready after all?
Old 02 November 2015, 10:17 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

No mate not ready my car is now off to Scotland for a engine refresh in the next 3 weeks courtesy of the previous owner as promised before I bought it, a top man. I've fitted a wide arch kit , fitted some wide track spec c RA 114.3 hubs and purchased some 10" wheels just need some seat time at the track to get used to the extra power and sequential gear box. Looking for some big aero for time attack next season.
Old 17 November 2015, 01:13 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Put a lap up on YouTube if anyone is interested. I wasn't the fastest (or slowest!) in the session and was getting plenty of understeer, but it was fun all the same.

Need to sort brakes next!
Old 19 February 2016, 07:06 PM
LoganS
Scooby Regular

Put a lap up on YouTube if anyone is interested. I wasn't the fastest (or slowest!) in the session and was getting plenty of understeer, but it was fun all the same.
Evo 'How Fast' track session at Bedford Autodrome - YouTube

Need to sort brakes next!
Sorry old thread....

What did you use to make the video?

Really looks good.
Old 22 February 2016, 11:03 AM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LoganS
Sorry old thread....

What did you use to make the video?

Really looks good.
Thanks - filmed on 2 GoPro cameras (one under the rear view mirror, the other attached to passenger seat), cut together with added music by a friend. The speed/revs/position data came from a bluetooth dongle thing in the OBDII port and were the added to the video using the lap timing app on my phone, RaceChrono.
Old 22 February 2016, 12:30 PM
LoganS
Scooby Regular

Thanks - filmed on 2 GoPro cameras (one under the rear view mirror, the other attached to passenger seat), cut together with added music by a friend. The speed/revs/position data came from a bluetooth dongle thing in the OBDII port and were the added to the video using the lap timing app on my phone, RaceChrono.
Thanks for the reply, Im going to brands in a couple of weeks and will be good to get some footage. If I can get a decent phone mount I was going to try track addict, Depending on how that comes out I may invest in a go pro and use RaceChrono the next time then.
Old 22 February 2016, 01:09 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply, Im going to brands in a couple of weeks and will be good to get some footage. If I can get a decent phone mount I was going to try track addict, Depending on how that comes out I may invest in a go pro and use RaceChrono the next time then.
RaceChrono free version has quite a few features (but not the OBDII data stuff) so you might find it's good enough for what you need anyway - certainly it will do laptimes and already has Brands as a track layout so it knows where the start/finish line is and will do splits.

I think I had a go with the free version of Track Addict but they didn't have Bedford Autodrome. Didn't like the interface much either, but that's probably more of a personal choice.

Hope your track time goes well!
Old 22 February 2016, 01:46 PM
LoganS
Scooby Regular

RaceChrono free version has quite a few features (but not the OBDII data stuff) so you might find it's good enough for what you need anyway - certainly it will do laptimes and already has Brands as a track layout so it knows where the start/finish line is and will do splits.

I think I had a go with the free version of Track Addict but they didn't have Bedford Autodrome. Didn't like the interface much either, but that's probably more of a personal choice.

Hope your track time goes well!
I'll definitley check it out before I go then, might have a go with both and see which is better for me.

Cheers, Other then this I've only done a limits day at north Weald. It's an amateur track day for brands and I have booked some tuition so will be good to see how I do before and after.

Are you thinking of going to how fast again this year?
Old 22 February 2016, 02:04 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

I'll definitley check it out before I go then, might have a go with both and see which is better for me.

Cheers, Other then this I've only done a limits day at north Weald. It's an amateur track day for brands and I have booked some tuition so will be good to see how I do before and after.

Are you thinking of going to how fast again this year?
Not sure yet, it was great but quite a trek to Bedford from Kent, when Brands Hatch is about 10 minutes away!