Notices

BC Coilovers replacement springs

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2017, 01:11 PM
jebus82
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC Coilovers replacement springs

Hi everyone i have BC racing BR series coilovers fitted to my 07 gb270 hawkeye the front coilsprings are away and i need to replace them.

On the uk BC racing website there are a multitude of springs to choose from, i contacted them to find out the correct ones and they have told me there will be white writing on the actual spring. The problem i have is after removing the wheels the other day to look the plastic covering over the spring has basically worn away on both sides so i cant get the spring number i need.

Does anyone know what spring size and weight rating it should be?

cheers for any replies
Old 04 January 2017, 04:10 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately you're a month to late asking this as I replaced the front BC springs on my GB270 in the summer but I've since sold the car. I'll have a look though my files when i get home but I don't think I've kept the invoice. Though if you ring Rick at Subaru4you he maybe be able to find it in his records.

That being said I'd be tempted to bin the BC's, they really don't do the car any favours and I struggle to have any faith in a spring that'll only last 2-3 years (24-36k miles).
Old 05 January 2017, 11:35 AM
jebus82
Scooby Newbie

cheers for the reply buddy. would he know you by your username on here?

i would have assumed as they are the wrx ones that it would have been a standard size spring on them?
Old 05 January 2017, 12:06 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Yeah it's the same as the wrx. Biggest problem we had was the fact BC changed the spring profile at one point so there are a couple of versions which are very similar but not interchangeable.