Notices

Pedders Ezi-fit

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2015, 07:41 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pedders Ezi-fit

Has anyone on here got the Pedders Ezi-fit suspension fitted to a hawk? Just I'm debating swapping the BC BR coil overs on mine as I find the ride a bit hard/bouncy and the Pedders kit looks like a reasonable alternative.
Old 29 June 2015, 09:26 PM
YODI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked into the Pedders too, if I decide to keep my car long term I will buy a set too for my Blob.
Old 29 June 2015, 11:52 PM
ricodjs
Scooby Regular

Unhappy Avoid Pedders for hawk (wagon)

Just had my worn out shocks replaced with Pedders.
Couldn't go round corners, or carry any kind of load in the back as they made the tyres scrape the wheel arches and messed up a brand new set of Goodyear Eagle F1s.
They were then replaced with the more substantial Pedders which...made no difference whatsoever.
Am now having to replace them with Subaru OEM.
Total disaster and waste of time and money.
It is a wagon so not sure how much that affects things but wanted to let people know.
Old 29 June 2015, 11:55 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

They do not do a set that fit wagons, who ever supplied them to you supplied the wrong items. Weight on the back of a wagon is heavier than saloon hence the rubbing.
Old 30 June 2015, 06:48 AM
YODI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ricodjs
Couldn't go round corners, or carry any kind of load in the back as they made the tyres scrape the wheel arches and messed up a brand new set of Goodyear Eagle F1s.
They were then replaced with the more substantial Pedders which...made no difference whatsoever.
It is a wagon so not sure how much that affects things but wanted to let people know.
Maybe there's more too it than just suspension worn on your car ?

Did you call Pedders to discuss ? Surely you didn't spend £600+ and now just give up that easily
Old 30 June 2015, 07:48 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

read above, THEY DO NOT DO A SET THAT FIT WAGONS, they will be too soft at the back and the wheels will rub
Old 30 June 2015, 09:02 AM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by YODI
Maybe there's more too it than just suspension worn on your car ?
Correct. Worn shocks won't drastically affect the ride height so something else must be the cause - too wide or wrong offset wheels perhaps?
Old 30 June 2015, 10:11 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by plenty
Correct. Worn shocks won't drastically affect the ride height so something else must be the cause - too wide or wrong offset wheels perhaps?
THEY ARE THE WRONG FITMENT, PEDDERS DO NOT DO A SET FOR WAGONS.

or is no body bothering to read? lol
Old 30 June 2015, 10:18 AM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Tidgy...read what I posted - I'm not disagreeing with you or in fact making any comment whatsoever on Pedders products. I am merely pointing out that the root cause of this individual's problem is not worn shocks.

Last edited by plenty; 30 June 2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 30 June 2015, 10:24 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by plenty
Tidgy...read what I posted - I'm not disagreeing with you or in fact making any comment whatsoever on Pedders products. I am merely pointing out that the root cause of this individual's problem is not worn shocks.

ah, my bad, missunderstood what you were getting at

the ezi fit are full struts/springs/top mount and come as a whole unit that just replaces whats there, they are just the wrong fitment for your car rico, so will always scrap on the back end due to the extra weight.
Old 30 June 2015, 09:46 PM
Sad Weevil
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
they are just the wrong fitment for your car rico, so will always scrap on the back end due to the extra weight.
But the extra weight of a wagon is only 35kg or so . A saloon with a 35kg weight in the boot wouldn't have any problems. Must be something else going on. My classic wagon has Prodrive WR Bilsteins from a saloon, which are 40mm shorter than oem, and even fully loaded with a caravan in tow theres no issues of clearance. Yes the springs are stiffer than OE, but not much. The few mm of static drop on the rear of the wagon can easily be remedied with saggy butt spacers.
Old 01 July 2015, 08:06 AM
Pedders01
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ricodjs
As suggested by others, it doesn't sound like the shocks are you problem.

Was it the complete Ezifit kit you had fitted, or just the shocks?

If its just the shocks, changing these isn't going to change the height. As already suggested above, the Ezifit kit isn't ideal for wagons as it will sit lower.

That said, even if the car was resting on the bumpstops, the wheels shouldn't touch the arches. Thats a wheel fitment/offset issue.

What is the actual problem you are trying to solve? If its rubbing the arches, changing suspension is not the answer.

PM me if you prefer.
Old 01 July 2015, 08:08 AM
Pedders01
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by neil-h
Has anyone on here got the Pedders Ezi-fit suspension fitted to a hawk? Just I'm debating swapping the BC BR coil overs on mine as I find the ride a bit hard/bouncy and the Pedders kit looks like a reasonable alternative.
Got a set on our bug. Its the same kit on both. If you are anywhere near, you are more than welcome to have a test drive.
Old 01 July 2015, 08:32 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pedders01
Got a set on our bug. Its the same kit on both. If you are anywhere near, you are more than welcome to have a test drive.
I may have to take you up on that offer (if i decide to keep the car), where abouts in Bucks are you?
Old 01 July 2015, 08:39 AM
Pedders01
Former Sponsor

Great Horwood. Just to the west of Milton Keynes.
Old 27 August 2015, 08:16 PM
Ash Knight
Scooby Regular

Great Horwood. Just to the west of Milton Keynes.
Hi, I'm going up to Milton Keynes mid september for work and I'm considering the pedders sport ryder kit for my blob WRX. If you're offering a quick test drive then I'l be more than happy to take you up on that offer
Old 27 August 2015, 08:27 PM
Pedders01
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ash Knight
Hi, I'm going up to Milton Keynes mid september for work and I'm considering the pedders sport ryder kit for my blob WRX. If you're offering a quick test drive then I'l be more than happy to take you up on that offer
No problem. Please give me a couple of days notice as ive got a few days off in september as has my collegue. Just call us on the hone number on our website.
Old 27 August 2015, 10:40 PM
Ash Knight
Scooby Regular

No problem. Please give me a couple of days notice as ive got a few days off in september as has my collegue. Just call us on the hone number on our website.
No worries thanks a lot! I'm over from 14th-18th September so whatever day is best for you really I'll be in touch Closer to the day