Notices

Steel wishbone recall on Imprezas/Foresters 02-07 RESULT!

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2015, 02:40 PM
gparr
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I meant distance from Notts, looks fairly close to Railway station. Seems my best option.

Last edited by gparr; 08 May 2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11 May 2015, 10:47 AM
DanGlennon
Scooby Regular

Just received an email back from Subaru this morning saying there is still an outstanding recall on my vehicle regarding the wishbones. Been asked to book it into my local Subaru dealer to get them checked. Fingers crossed
Old 04 December 2015, 01:40 PM
modrich
Scooby Regular

After changing over to winter tyres I noticed that the front left tyre on the Revolutions had worn badly on the inside so arranged for a geo check at Farmer Autocare. They found that the front left camber/toe was out so have re-aligned. They suggested it was down to the new wishbones at the front having new bushes. I did check with Subaru when getting the wishbone warranty work done if it included alignment, Subaru declined saying because it was all fixed bolt positions so alignment wouldn't be effected. Obviously they didn't take into account worn bushes on a 10year old car, so if you've had this work done may be worth checking your geo to save your front tyres.
Old 04 December 2015, 02:19 PM
Matt_182
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is with Subaru today for the airbag recall, I'm going to bring up this wishbone recall and see what they say.
Old 04 December 2015, 02:22 PM
modrich
Scooby Regular

Did you chase Subaru for the airbag recall or did they contact you? Not heard anything from them and mine is a 2005
Old 04 December 2015, 02:39 PM
Matt_182
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The previous owner had the recall letter, Subaru are staggering the letters to try and control the work. Each dealership is being given 1 or 2 units a month due to supply issues!

A friend of mine just called up and got booked in, it's likely you'll need the new part.

http://www.subaru.com/vehicle-recalls.html
Old 04 December 2015, 05:05 PM
Marco.Singh
Scooby Regular

Rang my local Subaru dealer today and they have booked me in for the airbag recall. Mine's a 2005 wrx blob saloon.

I asked the guy about the control arms and he said its only for wagons. Can someone confirm that my wrx 2005 blob saloon is ok? Im a new wrx owner
Old 07 December 2015, 09:22 AM
modrich
Scooby Regular

Yeah, the saloon has alloy wishbones which don't suffer like the wagon ones
Old 08 December 2015, 03:19 PM
Marco.Singh
Scooby Regular

Sorry if its off topic, just got back from the dealer after having passenger airbag recall fix. Took less than 1 hour
Old 15 December 2015, 08:27 PM
mike_smith919
Scooby Newbie

My 05 wagon wishbone snapped couple months back, mangoletzi Subaru at knutsford told me they had been checked under recal and to go swivel basicly, I've changed to saloon alloy wishbones which are wider than the wagon ones, so had to replace the anti roll bar and drop links to keep everything in line. Jus the crushed wing left to replace... Thinking about just changing to a saloon front end to match the wider track of the front wheels... Wish id pressed Subaru to do something when it happened now as I'm around 300 quid out of pocket so far
Old 16 December 2015, 04:09 PM
modrich
Scooby Regular

Mike, my wagon was checked when the recall originally came out and passed, then failed the test when I noticed how bad they looked and had them replaced FOC. Goes to show, it just depends who you take it to...
Old 12 January 2016, 09:02 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

Well car in local garage after NSF Wishbone snapped, car is a 2007 WRX. Worrying thing is just off the motorway dropped grandkids off was going back through town a downhill braking full left hander and bang thought it was a drop link or coil. When I got on the main road notest the steering wheel about 5 degrees of the square. Took it to the garage ramps were busy got a call hour later snapped wishbone. My car is mint 84k miles and mine from new. I would advise getting them checked ASAP. Lucky enough have almost new alloy ones and full low miles GB270 suspension getting fitted earlier than expected.
Old 15 January 2016, 09:37 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

Update got the car back today full gb270 low mileage strut springs low mileage spec d alloy wishbones new ball joints pads etc had everything lying. Wow and wow car totally planted tight knock free dream to drive, but wow the dream a nightmare pressed steel wishbones should be banned both heavily corroded NSF snapped at inner fixing, again my car is a late 57 plate Daily driver garaged and washed weekly if you car is running these rusty bits of tin GET THEM CHECKED.
Old 09 March 2016, 06:35 PM
RyanConway
Scooby Newbie

Default Wishbone

Hello, I bought my gx blob sport 2 weeks ago and today the wishbone snapped. It is the steel wishbone and I dont know if it was ever checked during the recall. Would it be worth trying to get subaru to fix this problem?
Old 09 March 2016, 06:55 PM
RyanConway
Scooby Newbie

Old 10 March 2016, 09:41 AM
modrich
Scooby Regular

First thing to do is phone your Subaru dealer and tell them what's happened, e-mail your photos, they will ask you to bring the car in for an inspection and then send a warranty request to Subaru UK which might take a week or so for an answer.

Unfortunately it really does depend on how well your dealer communicates with Subaru UK and how much they like you;-) as some claims have been rejected, others like mine, accepted.

I would advise being as polite and helpful as possible and if the person you speak to rejects the claim before even looking at your car then e-mail Subaru UK direct as I did, see the first post in my this thread.

Also, if you have any modifications to the suspension that are easily removable like spacers etc, take them off so as not to give Subaru any excuse to reject your claim.

Last edited by modrich; 10 March 2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10 March 2016, 10:24 AM
RyanConway
Scooby Newbie

I got in touch with my nearest dealer this morning. They told me to bring it to them and that there should'nt be any problems getting both sides and any other damage the break has caused fixed. They said that if it's only the wishbone it should be simple and fast but if the drive has snapped for example subaru could mess around and it could take longer. As far as I can see it's only the wishbone so here's hoping it smooth and easy. Just need to find somebody to transport it the 70 miles to the dealer now :/
Old 10 March 2016, 11:15 AM
modrich
Scooby Regular

Good news, have to say I was very impressed with how the dealer/Subaru UK handled my claim. You'll have some nice new suspension bushes to go with the wishbone as well. I would recommend at least getting the front wheels properly aligned (if not all 4)afterwards as even though Subaru may say it's not needed, it will effect camber as your bushes are likely worn and replacing them with new will change the geo, but do this after a week or so of driving around.
Old 10 March 2016, 11:29 AM
RyanConway
Scooby Newbie

Brilliant. Thanks for all your help. I'll keep you posted on any developments
Old 11 March 2016, 04:42 PM
RyanConway
Scooby Newbie

Update. Left the car up this morning, just got a call saying Subaru have ok'ed the new wishbones but they want me to pay for the drop links and anti roll bars. Labour would be free, just pay for the parts. I don't know how the rest of you faired on that but I told them to go ahead instead of having to do it for the MOT anyway
Old 14 March 2016, 09:57 PM
12sec1/4
Scooby Newbie

Well, I just found this thread... After one of mine snapping on my 03 wagon.

Luckily I drove easy due to cold engine to a family members house. Then on way off the drive it snapped clean off.... I'll contact them and see if I've got a leg to stand on...
Old 14 March 2016, 10:31 PM
RyanConway
Scooby Newbie

Have your vin number ready. I got mine back today. Nice shiny new wisbones and a few other parts they made me pay for although all labour was free. They wanted me to pay £459 for a new sub frame too :/
Old 14 March 2016, 10:35 PM
12sec1/4
Scooby Newbie

What's the score on getting the car to the dealership? It's on the drive broken and I don't really want to pay for someone to transport it...
Old 14 March 2016, 10:52 PM
RyanConway
Scooby Newbie

They won't pay for transport. I hired a transporter trailer for half a day for £25 and towed it up myself. It was that or pay £175 for someone else to do it
Old 15 March 2016, 12:18 AM
12sec1/4
Scooby Newbie

OK, cheers Ryan, I'll bear it in mind. Might be cheaper to fix it myself if that's the case
Old 16 March 2016, 12:40 PM
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just checked and mine hasn't been looked at as yet, they've asked me to get it booked in.
Old 16 March 2016, 12:44 PM
RyanConway
Scooby Newbie

Definitely get it done when you can still drive it to the dealer lol. Peace of mind not worrying about it snapping on the road would be great too
Old 16 March 2016, 12:58 PM
ScottyPPP
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Going in at 8am tomorrow morning.
Old 18 March 2016, 09:38 PM
RyanConway
Scooby Newbie

How'd it go?