Notices

Help needed with camber/geo settings

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2014, 07:30 PM
N/A Power
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed with camber/geo settings

Hello, ive recently lowered my gx sport 40mm with apex springs and swapped out the 15" wheels with 17" oz prodrive, ive been told after modification's like this my geo needs to be re-set. Im pretty confident and due to the cost of insurance I would like to attempt this myself to save some cash.
Now from what Ive read online I need to get the circumference of my wheel and divide it by 360 to find out what a degree would measure. Ive used my new tyre to get the size.

190cm / 360 = 0.52, so 5mm is 1 degree?

I then put a level against my wheel and measured from the top and bottom of my rim and the difference is my camber? If that's right I have like 1degree positive camber on the front and 2degrees camber on the rear.
Would 2degree on the rear be ok for road use? my car doesn't have a rollbar at the back so its acts differently.

The settings im aiming for is
1.5degree camber on the front
back is 2degree but it might tighten up when I adjust the toe?
0 toe front
0 toe back

Are these settings good to go by? I want good tread life but not a car that will slide out on corners..
All help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Old 25 October 2014, 05:38 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

I wouldn't use those settings,if its for 4WD car

I would rather aim for -1.5 at front and -1.5 at rear,but with camber bolts you can achieve easily at front and rear -2.00 and for toe,we are run previously with 0 toe and car has been awesome on the track or road and didn't slide out of the corners or on the roundabout

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
Old 25 October 2014, 12:41 PM
N/A Power
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi there

I wouldn't use those settings,if its for 4WD car

I would rather aim for -1.5 at front and -1.5 at rear,but with camber bolts you can achieve easily at front and rear -2.00 and for toe,we are run previously with 0 toe and car has been awesome on the track or road and didn't slide out of the corners or on the roundabout

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura
Thanks jura, I seemed to have forgot the - symbol lol.
The aim is
Front camber -1.5
Rear camber -2.0 (non adjustable but hoping it moves with the toe adjustment)
Toe front 0
Toe rear 0

What's your tyre wear like running those settings? and is that using race tyres.

Cheers
Old 25 October 2014, 08:17 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by N/A Power
Thanks jura, I seemed to have forgot the - symbol lol.
The aim is
Front camber -1.5
Rear camber -2.0 (non adjustable but hoping it moves with the toe adjustment)
Toe front 0
Toe rear 0

What's your tyre wear like running those settings? and is that using race tyres.

Cheers
Hi there

Yes I thought so you are want to run -1.5 and -2.00,because running this positive camber,you don't want to

On our setup with -2.00 at front and at back -1.5,we didn't have any issue with tyre wear,tyre wear has been great,we are run 0 toe all around,but I would rather aim for -2.00 for front and rear or I would go with Prodrive settings,those seems are good for Subaru and seems working for Subaru

No we are used those setting mostly on road tyres,race tyres we didn't run,if you are mean something like R888 or AD08R,then yes we are run them,but only for track days,not for daily use

We are run similar setting on our wagon like you are aiming,because we are maxxed front camber with 245/40 tyres and 9.5JX18 ET38 Rota Drift without the camber bolts(with camber we are run at front -2.00),we run I think at front -1.3' and at back we are run -2.00',car has been OK,but still not as good as later setup with -2.00' at front and at back -1.5'

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura