Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

03 WRX Blob Wagon for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2016, 08:06 PM
WRX_Wagon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 WRX Blob Wagon for sale - Sold.

Now Sold

Gutted but change in circumstances means the scooby has to go.
Mileage 104000 (rounded up, in daily use so will go up a bit)
£3650 or offers close to it.

This has been a fantastic car. It’s never let me down and the classic Impreza sound always brings a smile to my face! It has been modified, but nothing outrageous:

Interior:
Pioneer double din Bluetooth head unit including reversing camera.
I believe the speakers are all standard
Some existing wiring in place for an amp – prior to me purchasing the car. I’ve never felt the need for one, the engine noise is far better!
Subaru boot liner

Exterior:
Mid level rear spoiler
Front STI winglets and fog lamp covers
STI style splitter
De-tangoed headlights

Chassis:
STI OE front dampers and springs, KYB Ultra SR rear dampers, STI springs. Full alignment at Indigo GT
Godspeed front grooved discs and Kevlar pads
Whiteline adjustable rear ARB

Engine/exhaust:
Decat up-pipe
Prodrive high flow sport cat and aftermarket decat centre pipe
Blitz Nur Spec R cat back exhaust system (not too loud with the bung fitted and sport cat)
Scoobyworx 290lph fuel pump
Green cotton replacement panel filter
Remap by Indigo GT with above mods – 285bhp 284lbs/ft.

I purchased the car in 2013. In my ownership it has had a cambelt change including all rollers, new water pump and thermostat, oil pump removed and bolts checked (oil pump internal bolts have been known to come loose causing loss of oil pressure), OE Subaru replacement oil seal, fresh correct spec OAT coolant. Subsequent oil services and plug changes. New front radiator this year – the old one had started to leak, I keep a close eye on fluid levels as a habit, and had noticed a wet patch on the garage floor. Car was not driven until the rad was replaced. All servicing work carried out by myself during my ownership (apart from a rear wheel bearing replacement) - I’m a competent mechanic and mechanical engineer.

The car was running decat downpipe and had been previously mapped by Xtreme Scoobies before I purchased it. However I decided to add some supporting mods like the fuel pump and air filter, and change to a sport cat due to hassles trying to get it Mot’d. The goal was a sensible remap – I wanted the car to remain reliable enough for everyday use. Fuel consumption is still reasonable, the best Ive had for long trips is 32mpg, and I average between 23-26mpg depending on how much I enjoy the drive!

The car is in good condition for its age. The paintwork still comes up really well, it had a 2 stage paint polish and seal about a year ago, and had a full clay decontamination and wax again last weekend. The paintwork has small stone chips on the front bumper and leading edge of the bonnet, a few small chips on the windscreen and the odd small marks here and there and a small dent on the boot-lid (it’s never bothered me). The wheels could probably do with a refurb at some point as they are starting to corrode. It has 4 matching Vredestein Ultrac Cento tyres, all with good tread remaining. Almost complete service history – some invoices from the previous owner are missing.
Test drives will be conducted by myself unless supporting proof of insurance is provided.
I will try and upload pics, let me know if any more are needed.

PM me if you need any more info. Located in Malpas area of Newport, Wales.
Thanks,

Dave

Last edited by WRX_Wagon; 21 December 2016 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Car sold
Old 11 November 2016, 04:12 PM
boggissimo
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice wagon, GLWTS. Mine is about the same mileage but I think you might be being a bit ambitious on the price...I suppose the market will tell one way or the other.
Old 11 November 2016, 04:31 PM
WRX_Wagon
Scooby Regular

Thanks. I thought I'd start optimistic

I'm open to offers though, so will see.
Old 15 November 2016, 01:34 PM
WRX_Wagon
Scooby Regular

bump... Price dropped.
Old 20 November 2016, 09:42 AM