Notices
Subaru This forum contains only Subarus offered for sale by our members.

2005 Black Blobeye WRX - 74K Miles

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2015, 08:47 PM
Bruty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Black Blobeye WRX - 74K Miles

Hi all, I’m looking to sell my Black 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX. I’ve had the car a few months now, and absolutely love it. Being honest though, I priced up all the modifications I wanted to carry out to it, and it was just more financially viable to buy an STI as a base platform to work from, which I have done now and hence the sale.

I’ll start off by listing the bad points to save you having to read to the bottom to find out. Unfortunately, this car was recorded as a cat C a couple years ago. It has had the VIC marker removed, has a V5 in my name, no signs of any accident repair, and has never failed an MOT since it’s been put back on the road. The car drives absolutely fine with no problems, and all the panels are straight. No dents or rust, just the usual age related marks here and there.

The car has only just been serviced by Enginetuner including a run on the dyno (Less than 300 miles ago), and if I’m being totally honest they picked up a rocker gasket leak which is common on these engines, and the car would probably benefit from a remap as they reckon it’s had some form of mapping but it’s not great, and the car would probably make a little bit more with a decent map (Currently 250BHP).

Mileage: 74k (Very unlikely to change as I have my STI now)
MOT: 23rd June 2016 (No advisories)

STI springs and dampers
3” Turbo back stainless steel exhaust
STI wing and front fog covers (Standard WRX wing included as well)
Genuine BBS 17” alloys with nearly new tyres.
Cone air filter
Larger injectors
Walbro 255L/h fuel pump
Stage 2 Exedy clutch (New this year, not really heavy or sharp like many upgraded clutches, I’ve used it daily in city traffic no problem)
HKS SSQV
Drilled and grooved discs
Mintex pads

With the car spec you would only need an STI turbo (or similar) and intercooler Y pipe to see around 300BHP with a remap – The car did used to have this and made 312BHP (Printout to prove) but the previous owner sold the turbo and Y pipe to make more money out of the car)

I live near Plymouth city centre and only a couple minutes’ walk from the train station for anyone looking to view. My work schedule is fairly random so there should be no problem arranging a viewing morning, day, or evening.

SOLD

I know the cat C can be off putting. So, I am more than happy if you want to bring anyone with you to inspect it. I’ve done a couple thousand miles in it with no problems at all. So, I would be shocked if you picked up on anything above the usual age related wear and points mentioned, and would be happy to negotiate sensibly if you do.

I've taken plenty of pictures in the album below, but I am happy to take any other specific photos if required.

http://s925.photobucket.com/user/Bru...?sort=2&page=1

Last edited by Bruty; 04 December 2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 13 November 2015, 08:49 PM
Bruty
Scooby Regular

Name:  IMG_0629_zpsvjcxsqlm.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  300.3 KB

Name:  1A7746DD-51C1-448D-B9D6-02EFE90FD401_zpsrhlhqykr.jpg
Size:  320.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0667_zpshdsc5axy.jpg
Size:  280.5 KB

Name:  973F0703-6155-4289-99C1-171046877011_zpsvsi6jxgw.jpg
Size:  334.8 KB

Name:  D2DF267C-DED3-4941-94A1-58437E770DD4_zpslthjvf5r.jpg
Size:  111.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0662_zps9owk3nay.jpg
Size:  203.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0663_zpsdfevj7fj.jpg
Size:  216.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0653_zpsjkbxhrtn.jpg
Size:  204.3 KB

Name:  05160527-05A9-49E5-858D-A7C118BE2DD6_zpss4oxpaff.jpg
Size:  298.3 KB

Last edited by Bruty; 22 November 2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 14 November 2015, 01:50 PM
G4rfo
Scooby Regular

agh shame it aint closer to june to sell m8y i would of had it. I will be on the hunt in june for a scooby was gonna get a STI but dont think i can raise that kind if moneys

GLWTS m8y
Old 14 November 2015, 04:02 PM
jessej23
Scooby Newbie

also a shame, you based in plymouth?, what was the accident bud? what was repaired? im interested if i can sell my classic
Old 14 November 2015, 05:15 PM
Bruty
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the interest guys.

Ideally, I'd like to sell by the end of the month to save having to pay more on tax and insurance, but I'd hold it until Xmas/ New years time if someone was really keen and left a decent deposit, as I can SORN the car and keep it at my friends lockup.

Unfortunately, I don't know the accident details but I have paid the fees to DVLA to find out previous keeper details. So. hopefully there's a chance I may be able to find out. My guess would be on damage to replaceable parts such as wings or doors, as there is no signs of any repairs to the car, and structurally and mechanically everything is as you would expect it to be.

Last edited by Bruty; 16 November 2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 18 November 2015, 06:28 PM
Bruty
Scooby Regular

The cars on ebay now, ending Sunday.

I'm still happy to sell outside of ebay though, or hold for a deposit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3219234835...84.m1555.l2649
Old 22 November 2015, 08:48 PM
Bruty
Scooby Regular

Price reduced to 3350 ONO
Old 26 November 2015, 06:18 AM
RuthlessGK
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Bruty
Price reduced to 3350 ONO
This is my old car!
I only had it a week before the engine blew but I sold it for what I paid for the car I swapped as I knew of anything went wrong I could get my money back lol.

The reason it was Cat C from what I had a dig around was for an interior fire but this was back in 07(ish) iirc but I may be wrong. I know it was some sort of fire damage.

When I bought it the history was very patchy but the guy who bought it off me was a sound guy with a spare engine. I was gutted when it left me as when it was on boost it was absolutely rapid (even with the dodgy engine at the time)

Original engine full on seized but as I said the guy who bought it off me was going to replace it.

GLWTS. I loved the look of this car in black.

Zaff

Just had a check through and it was in 09 when it was registered Cat C. Just to add the info.

Last edited by RuthlessGK; 26 November 2015 at 09:59 AM.
Old 26 November 2015, 12:51 PM
Bruty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RuthlessGK
This is my old car!
I only had it a week before the engine blew but I sold it for what I paid for the car I swapped as I knew of anything went wrong I could get my money back lol.

The reason it was Cat C from what I had a dig around was for an interior fire but this was back in 07(ish) iirc but I may be wrong. I know it was some sort of fire damage.

When I bought it the history was very patchy but the guy who bought it off me was a sound guy with a spare engine. I was gutted when it left me as when it was on boost it was absolutely rapid (even with the dodgy engine at the time)

Original engine full on seized but as I said the guy who bought it off me was going to replace it.

GLWTS. I loved the look of this car in black.

Zaff

Just had a check through and it was in 09 when it was registered Cat C. Just to add the info.
Thanks for the info, I just noticed on the HPI check i did it does say Cat C recorded 2009, so that's good our data matches up. Fire damage would make sense as myself and a couple mechanics have had a look and there are no signs of accident damage or repair. So, I imagine any fire damage parts were just straight replaced, I've had the boot liners out, some of the carpet up, and looked in behind the stereo as best I could and everything looks as you would expect, nothing charred anywhere

As for the engine if you say it was fully seized then it's definitely either been replaced or rebuilt as it's running good now, and I've done a few thousand miles no problems. Its been recently serviced and run on the dyno, no engine problems just as mentioned would benefit from a remap.
Old 02 December 2015, 06:07 PM
Bruty
Scooby Regular

Midweek bump, the car had sold on eBay but the buyer was a time water. I've had a fair few people interested but my location has been putting a few off making the commitment to come and see it. If it hasn't gone within the next fortnight I'm staying back at my folks in Axminster for a few weeks over xmas/ new year period and that's a little further up. I've knocked the price down though as it's getting close to me having to re-insure it.
Old 04 January 2016, 10:55 AM
headhunter123
Scooby Newbie

i see it sold

Last edited by headhunter123; 04 January 2016 at 10:58 AM. Reason: sold
Old 04 January 2016, 08:14 PM
fezziemk4
Scooby Newbie

Mine now