Notices
Styling Exterior styling

Respray gone wrong! 5900 quid down the drain??

Old 16 January 2015, 06:40 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

£5900......show me the bill.

Sentimental value on the car or not , it's a £500 runner.

I cannot spray....but for £5k I'll have a go
Who painted it....easy question to answer , he might be interested in a business partner
Old 16 January 2015, 07:11 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 87retro
He has got a very small amount of time left to provide a remedy before I answer that question!
Originally Posted by Aaron1978
I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark..........

https://www.scoobynet.com/973641-wha...l#post11604309
Without a doupt, in Dudley too http://dccustoms.co.uk
Old 16 January 2015, 07:55 PM
Dibbles00
Scooby Regular

Just goes to show a fancy website doesn't give good customer service or results (if that is the place).

Feel double sorry for the OP now, because looking at the images on that site (DB, bug etc..) you would almost certainly put your faith in their work.
Old 18 January 2015, 06:53 PM
87retro
Scooby Newbie

Here is a pic of the ball of masking tape (I think thats what it is) in the engine bay, and the best shot I can get of the bubbles (although at the garage I went to to get an independent report, under the microscope you can see even more bubble which are just in the lacquer).

Last edited by 87retro; 19 January 2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 18 January 2015, 06:58 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

So is it dc customs then?
Old 18 January 2015, 06:59 PM
birchy2010
Scooby Regular

No point trying to hide the company name of you leave it in the terms and conditions at the bottom

Sounds like a ****ter but I doubt you'll see much money back as we have seen on here with Ryans shoddy painting.
Old 18 January 2015, 07:00 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6k to paint a 500 quid car... Epic stupidity in the dubbers
Old 18 January 2015, 07:05 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Dibbles00;11605146]Just goes to show a fancy website doesn't give good customer service or results (if that is the place).

Feel double sorry for the OP now, because looking at the images on that site (DB, bug etc..) you would almost certainly put your faith in their work.[/QUOTE

Agree 100% ...
Old 19 January 2015, 09:38 PM
87retro
Scooby Newbie

Well I can say that the painter has made contact! And I dare say it has been helped by seeing all the comments agreeing that the work completed is not up to standard. Really helps when you are not a nobody on your own trying to tell a 'tradesman' he has done a poor job. I'm not sure of the amicable solution he is looking for but I really hope we can come to one so I can forget the poor service I have received and get my car the way it should be for the money I have paid. He isn't agreeing with the reported list of faults and I haven't got a solution yet but I have somewhat of a reply and I think I have made it clear I am not going to go away. The fight for a solution continues...but at least its a start! I think I can forgive and forget everything...if the solution equals the end product it should have been in the first place!
Old 19 January 2015, 09:40 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Well I can say that the painter has made contact! And I dare say it has been helped by seeing all the comments agreeing that the work completed is not up to standard. Really helps when you are not a nobody on your own trying to tell a 'tradesman' he has done a poor job. I'm not sure of the amicable solution he is looking for but I really hope we can come to one so I can forget the poor service I have received and get my car the way it should be for the money I have paid. He isn't agreeing with the reported list of faults and I haven't got a solution yet but I have somewhat of a reply and I think I have made it clear I am not going to go away. The fight for a solution continues...but at least its a start! I think I can forgive and forget everything...if the solution equals the end product it should have been in the first place!
Get your money back and go elsewhere simple. You can a much better job for around 1500 done properly.
Old 20 January 2015, 10:56 AM
Zuber
Scooby Regular

To the OP get all your money back don't let the monkey who sprayed this crap do it again your just asking for more problems! That is a total **** take of a spray job if I have ever seen one and for the money you payed it makes it far worse. Hope you get this resolved quickly, if not make sure you can do as much damage online to the ***** business as possible!!
Old 20 January 2015, 06:47 PM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

No, honestly. Really not a wind up!
This was supposed to be a mint show standard full respray with a couple of small bits of bodywork. His own car is show standard with magazine coverage to prove it and is painted in Kandy which should be far more difficult than a pearl!

I paid more than I could have got it done for as I wanted it done as well as it could possibly be done, not the cheapest.
I wrongly thought that I would get what I paid for

What is your opinion of the blisters on the roof after about 6 month? Is that going to get worse?
If this isn't a wind up, why have you had this for 6 months and only now whingeing following a few blisters appearing?

Suggest you paint each panel a different colour to make it look as if it was intentional - luckily you won't need to do many
Old 27 January 2015, 11:11 PM
dal c
Scooby Regular

Default respray gone wrong

mate im sorry to say that if you paid that sort of money you was well and truly shafted i own a body shop and there is know way any of my customers would get a car back in that state and also we wouldn't charge that sort of money unless it was a one off custom job so trading standards would be the best if you want to get your money back hope you get it sorted
Old 28 January 2015, 07:26 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am seriously struggling to get my head around someone spending £6k painting bogo golf.

Send me a pm if there's anymore work you want doing, I do all sorts of work on cars and houses and anything else you can think of really, If I can't do it I know a man or woman that can, my prices are quite similar to the ones you're accustomed to paying but the standard of work is better.

Ditch the "Fixer"

Last edited by ditchmyster; 28 January 2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 28 January 2015, 07:21 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
...Ditch the "Fixer"
"...You sendin' The Wolf?

Well heeey Negro, that's all you had to saaay!!"
Old 29 January 2015, 08:56 PM
87retro
Scooby Newbie

So I thought I should tell you all that I've actually had a resolution from the painter! He is going to fix all faults and fully respray the exterior of the car. He says it does not need taking back to bare metal and reassures me that no more faults will come up later down the line. Only time will tell. Hopefully I will end up with the end result I paid for and we don't end up back in this situation in a few months time.
Old 29 January 2015, 09:01 PM
dal c
Scooby Regular

just be careful as if he doesn't get rid of all the micro blisters they will come back quite quickly personally i wouldn't let him do the car again i would take the car somewhere else and give him the bill or get your money back but i hope it all goes well any way
Old 30 January 2015, 09:42 PM
IveGotTheBug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dibbles00
Who painted it?

Stevie wonder
Old 30 January 2015, 11:59 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 31 January 2015, 06:49 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I thought I should tell you all that I've actually had a resolution from the painter! He is going to fix all faults and fully respray the exterior of the car. He says it does not need taking back to bare metal and reassures me that no more faults will come up later down the line. Only time will tell. Hopefully I will end up with the end result I paid for and we don't end up back in this situation in a few months time.

You're an idiot -.-

If he can't paint it right the first time he won't get it right this time either