Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hold you personally responsible for our poor run in Niall
Old 28 May 2015, 11:13 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys

Straight up question, no pi$$ taking

Is there any truth in the rumour there is a transfer committee at Anfield, i.e. Rodgers didn't necessarily want or buy all of his players ?

I've heard this story a few times this season, I'd hate that to happen to my club but believe the practice is becoming more common place.
Old 28 May 2015, 01:28 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Absolutely true that there's a transfer committee. That doesn't mean that Rodgers doesn't have a say in transfers though, it's a collective financial decision. It's business.

As much as it's not a popular structure, they do a pretty good job of identifying talent. The weak link, if you ask me, is when it comes to negotiation of deals and that falls to one man - Ian Ayre.

If you have a director football, they're usually someone charismatic and knowledgeable, they usually get deals done. We have Ian Ayre. We don't get deals done.
Old 28 May 2015, 02:25 PM
T25 DOC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk
Absolutely true that there's a transfer committee. That doesn't mean that Rodgers doesn't have a say in transfers though, it's a collective financial decision. It's business.

As much as it's not a popular structure, they do a pretty good job of identifying talent. The weak link, if you ask me, is when it comes to negotiation of deals and that falls to one man - Ian Ayre.

If you have a director football, they're usually someone charismatic and knowledgeable, they usually get deals done. We have Ian Ayre. We don't get deals done.
Lol.....this is soooooooooooo true.......Plus and this has got to have some sort of effect.......

His missus is rather pretty, which has got be distracting in one form or another.....
Old 28 May 2015, 02:42 PM
daveyj
Scooby Regular

Thank Christ that's over
Feel your pain (to a point). They smashed us the week before. We came up against an unusually lacklutre Everton side on the final day so got lucky I think.

Whilst losing Suarez and Sturridge (to injury) hasn't helped you this year, I think the distraction of Champions League football/Then Europa League has affected league form. Even if you did have those two fighting fit, it's rare that most teams dipping in and out of those competitions retain league form. Rogers seems a good candidate. Most managers get a hammering at some point. The mighty Fergie shipped 6 at Southampton once and 5 on another occasion and he did fine. I still had you pegged as finishing higher than us until last day results. Now he's had a year managing them with Euro football he can kick on next year. I like Liverpool a lot tbh. We always have good matches. More even than our United ones but just as entertaining.

The summer will bring good things and I think they should stick with Rogers. Consistency is key. He clearly cares about your club too.
Old 28 May 2015, 03:20 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Feeling that we had to play Gerrard for the last games didn't do us any favours. We also ended up having to rely on our midfielders to score goals, since Balotelli wasn't putting them away and Lambert . . . well, he's Lambert. It was never going to end well, even with Coutinho and Sterling on form. Origi didn't have the best of seasons at Lille, so I'm not pinning any hope on him for next season, but he might surprise me.

I think Rodgers will stay, he fits in with FSG's strategy - someone like Klopp wouldn't really. The transfer committee needs a shake up. I'd expect Dave Fallows (head of recruitment) and Michael Edwards (director of performance analysis) to go. Hopefully Ayre too.

As much as it pains me, FSG's strategy has made us into a profitable club again after Hicks and Gillett nearly buried us. They're doing a good job of balancing the books. Of course, fans want to see results and big name signings, but they quickly forget what a mess we were in financially.

Although, the longer we spend fixing the club we aren't competing for top players and trophies and the harder it is to catch up.
Old 28 May 2015, 03:33 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by T25 DOC
His missus is rather pretty, which has got be distracting in one form or another.....

He must have a massive . . . bank account

Old 28 May 2015, 07:31 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Thank Christ that's over
Old 29 May 2015, 12:08 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Feeling that we had to play Gerrard for the last games didn't do us any favours. We also ended up having to rely on our midfielders to score goals, since Balotelli wasn't putting them away and Lambert . . . well, he's Lambert. It was never going to end well, even with Coutinho and Sterling on form. Origi didn't have the best of seasons at Lille, so I'm not pinning any hope on him for next season, but he might surprise me.

I think Rodgers will stay, he fits in with FSG's strategy - someone like Klopp wouldn't really. The transfer committee needs a shake up. I'd expect Dave Fallows (head of recruitment) and Michael Edwards (director of performance analysis) to go. Hopefully Ayre too.

As much as it pains me, FSG's strategy has made us into a profitable club again after Hicks and Gillett nearly buried us. They're doing a good job of balancing the books. Of course, fans want to see results and big name signings, but they quickly forget what a mess we were in financially.

Although, the longer we spend fixing the club we aren't competing for top players and trophies and the harder it is to catch up.
Poor old Lambert never even got a run in the side, why buy him ?

FSG have done well to sort your finances out plus they've given Rodgers (transfer committee) over £200m in the process, maybe they didn't identify all the right players although I think Can and Markovich will bloom in their 2nd season
Old 29 May 2015, 02:47 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Lambert? No idea, I don't watch him train. I assume he didn't perform or he would have played. That or he didn't fit the chosen formations.

He's had a net spend of £99m over 3 years. A lot of money whichever way you look at it. 2/3rds of a Di Maria for example
Old 29 May 2015, 08:07 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

He'd better bloody bloom next season !!
Old 30 May 2015, 07:59 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Old 31 May 2015, 10:42 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
He'd better bloody bloom next season !!
No denying Di Maria had a poor 2nd half of the season. However I didn't realise he was 3rd for assists in the PL only behind Fabregas (34 games) and Cazorla (37 games) only playing in 27 games (7 of which were as sub well into the 2nd half).
Old 01 June 2015, 12:15 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Believe me Simon I want him to stay and succeed
Old 04 June 2015, 09:46 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Milner deal agreed subject to a medical. Decent, experienced addition to the squad.