Notices
Southern (England) Southern Meetings & Events

Swindon Meets

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2015, 08:36 PM
Filski
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey guys, I think it is safe to say that it was a successful meet and we should organise something for the next Month and keep this going! Was great to meet everyone and see the cars!

Here some extra photos! :

Old 06 April 2015, 09:27 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great meet - 7 cars not a bad start...............We wont mention blippers lol.........nice place to finish up at...........Mr Mullins all growed up lol. I got loads of piccies and will put them up in the next day or so. Well done Mr Filski for getting this off the ground. Next meet Bank Holiday Monday ( May 4th - Star Wars day lol ) at 3pm again......Bit of Tyre Kicking, quick drinkies and then a nice drive out ( someone put together a nice route ) and end up somewhere nice......Whats reckon?
Old 06 April 2015, 09:29 PM
MrAndy
Scooby Newbie

Was an enjoyable day today, Both myself and Kim loved it.

My apologies for the incident with the immobiliser, i'll know for next time not to turn my car off near a phone mast. Thank you very much for the guys who stayed with me

Some pictures from today

Old 06 April 2015, 09:44 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

We never leave a man behind lololol..........no probs mate - great meeting you and Kim - we forgive your MR2 tendencies lol.

Great Piccies - hopefully see you both next time around.
Old 06 April 2015, 09:57 PM
Filski
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Edmondo
Great meet - 7 cars not a bad start...............We wont mention blippers lol.........nice place to finish up at...........Mr Mullins all growed up lol. I got loads of piccies and will put them up in the next day or so. Well done Mr Filski for getting this off the ground. Next meet Bank Holiday Monday ( May 4th - Star Wars day lol ) at 3pm again......Bit of Tyre Kicking, quick drinkies and then a nice drive out ( someone put together a nice route ) and end up somewhere nice......Whats reckon?
We never leave a man behind lololol..........no probs mate - great meeting you and Kim - we forgive your MR2 tendencies lol.

Great Piccies - hopefully see you both next time around.
Originally Posted by MrAndy
Was an enjoyable day today, Both myself and Kim loved it.

My apologies for the incident with the immobiliser, i'll know for next time not to turn my car off near a phone mast. Thank you very much for the guys who stayed with me

Some pictures from today
Edmondo I would not take much credit for setting this off Considering you started the original thread and you knew all the ins and outs so if anything thanks to you!!! And hope to see everyone at the next meet, which i hopefully be able to make it to.

Its a shame that i missed that scenery, sorry i had to shoot after the incident as otherwise i would have to face my annoyed misses.

Andy, great photos! And thats no problem, I bet few people had laughs seeing 4 people pushing a scooby, as thats definitely not a sight that you see daily but at least as you mention "good job no Evos drove past" now we all know not to stop next to phone masts... although thats very bizarre!

All and all great day
Old 06 April 2015, 10:01 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Filski
Edmondo I would not take much credit for setting this off Considering you started the original thread and you knew all the ins and outs so if anything thanks to you!!! And hope to see everyone at the next meet, which i hopefully be able to make it to.

Its a shame that i missed that scenery, sorry i had to shoot after the incident as otherwise i would have to face my annoyed misses.

Andy, great photos! And thats no problem, I bet few people had laughs seeing 4 people pushing a scooby, as thats definitely not a sight that you see daily but at least as you mention "good job no Evos drove past" now we all know not to stop next to phone masts... although thats very bizarre!

All and all great day

That was so funny as there was quite a few people at the stadium who had a good look lol.....
Old 06 April 2015, 10:04 PM
Filski
Scooby Regular

That was so funny as there was quite a few people at the stadium who had a good look lol.....
Yep, but happens to the best of us
Old 06 April 2015, 10:06 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

Oh I love the smell of decat late in the afternoon lol
Old 07 April 2015, 02:41 PM
MonkiP1
Scooby Regular

Great pics guys! Thank you for making me, beth and the kids well come! I'm looking forward to the next meet
Old 16 April 2015, 12:59 PM
MrAndy
Scooby Newbie

Hi guys,

Don't think I'll make the next meet in the scooby. Kim had a slight incident.

Old 16 April 2015, 01:25 PM
Filski
Scooby Regular

Hi guys,

Don't think I'll make the next meet in the scooby. Kim had a slight incident.

Hey Bud, is she ok!? thats the main thing!

The rest will buff out no doubt

Dont see why not come to the next meet we will jsut make sure to take photo from the other side.

Looks like new door and some bog on the arch and some elbow grease.

Are you going to do the work yourself if so im happy to give a helping hand sanding and rubing down.
Old 16 April 2015, 02:17 PM
MrAndy
Scooby Newbie

Yeah she's okay. She was reverse parking around a concrete pillar and misjudged it due to not being able to turn around properly.

I'm tempted to see about getting insurance to fix it if possible but we'll see. I'll get some quotes too from local body shops.

If not it might be a diy job, so we'll see. Thank you very much for the offer, whatever happens, hopefully it'll be quick
Old 16 April 2015, 02:54 PM
Filski
Scooby Regular

Yeah she's okay. She was reverse parking around a concrete pillar and misjudged it due to not being able to turn around properly.

I'm tempted to see about getting insurance to fix it if possible but we'll see. I'll get some quotes too from local body shops.

If not it might be a diy job, so we'll see. Thank you very much for the offer, whatever happens, hopefully it'll be quick
Thats good, well these things happen.

My mrs had some one do the damage to her and the cheapest quote she was able to find was from place called Old Classics or something like that, and they are based on park road in faringdon. But im sure there will be something similar in Swindon.

Insurance jobby could be good, just depends how much they will wack your premium up by or sometimes they could even calss it cat D. dont know grey area.

As for DIY job, getting a new door would do most of the damage, then try to bang out the creases on the wing and use filler to smoth it. that would be the quick ish route, obv will take some time to bash out grind back and fill and sand. alt could cut and weld but it be the case finding a wing somewhere.

I'll PM you my number if you ever need a hand.
Old 16 April 2015, 06:56 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

oh dear - doesn't stop you coming to the next meet mate.......we will have to avoid pillars and telephone masts now - running out of places to go lololol
Old 22 April 2015, 04:40 PM
Filski
Scooby Regular

Right guys, I think it’s coming to that point in time where we should try to organise something again for the May bank holiday meeting. We had a really good turn out last time so there is no reason we cannot do the same.

Was just wondering who would be up for a meeting this coming 4th of May (please no star wars jokes)? Alternatively we could Friday evening or any point over the weekend, just want to see what people prefer really?

From the last meet I figured that few people wanted to grab something to eat but pub was not serving food till 5, so that the other thing we could consider when choosing the venue if everyone wanted to grab lunch and then do a little drive and take some nice pics?

Pending on number we could do a nice little cruise again this time? Suggestions?

So I think I will start the list of people wishing to attend. Feel free to throw something on relevant FB pages.
Old 22 April 2015, 04:42 PM
Filski
Scooby Regular

1. Filski
Old 22 April 2015, 07:09 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

I have already put it as Monday 4th May......just what to do chaps and chapess's........meet at White Harte at 3pm again but then what? - nice drive out somewhere or something
Old 23 April 2015, 12:09 PM
Filski
Scooby Regular

I have already put it as Monday 4th May......just what to do chaps and chapess's........meet at White Harte at 3pm again but then what? - nice drive out somewhere or something
Ah Fair enough, must have missed it

Are you comming or you still not sure?
Old 23 April 2015, 08:11 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

I will be there and expect Ian as well..............going into hospital on the 10th / 11th at the moment and will be out of action for at least 4 weeks.............
Old 01 May 2015, 07:38 PM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

At the mo just seems the 3 of us...............isn't anyone else available?
Old 02 May 2015, 09:37 PM
MrAndy
Scooby Newbie

I'll come along and join you for a drive, probably wont bring the scooby as she is looking a bit sorry for herself and after a midwife appointment Friday, I'm on 24hr alert for Kim to pop out a mini me so the car is full of hospital stuff.

Andy
Old 02 May 2015, 11:36 PM
Impreza2417
Scooby Regular

Sorry guys, im away. My car is also off the road having some power upgrades pending my map on the 15th!
Old 03 May 2015, 01:36 PM
MonkiP1
Scooby Regular

Hi guys. Only just caught up with the thread. Money is tight at the monent (Still redundant) so it will be a maybe for the moment.

I have been itching to meet up with you guys again though! And the fiancée was very happy with the warm welcome also
Old 04 May 2015, 09:29 AM
Filski
Scooby Regular

So are we still on for 3 today?
Old 04 May 2015, 10:19 AM
ads_1
Scooby Newbie

Hi anyone no if this is still happening ? Also is it the white Hart next to toys r us off the 419 ?
Thanks Adam.
Old 04 May 2015, 10:35 AM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

Yes this meet is still on................ADS1 - Yep correct mate
Old 04 May 2015, 10:58 AM
ads_1
Scooby Newbie

Thanks Edmondo see you there.

Last edited by ads_1; 04 May 2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04 May 2015, 11:07 AM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

No probs mate.....
Old 04 May 2015, 11:08 AM
Filski
Scooby Regular

Cool see you there guys!
Old 04 May 2015, 11:09 AM
Edmondo
Scooby Regular

I'll come along and join you for a drive, probably wont bring the scooby as she is looking a bit sorry for herself and after a midwife appointment Friday, I'm on 24hr alert for Kim to pop out a mini me so the car is full of hospital stuff.

Andy

So...............still bring her - remember mine still has dodgy arches and she still aint been washed - gone for the rally look lol............and if she goes into labour you have all the kit at hand lol

Quick Reply: Swindon Meets