Notices

SIGMA M30 INDICATOR STUCK ON

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2007, 10:33 PM
casper22
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIGMA M30 INDICATOR STUCK ON

I HAVE MY99 TURBO 2000 WITH SIGMA M30 ALARM AND MY DRIVERS SIDE INDICATOR IS STUCK ON SOMETIMES GOES OFF BUT WHEN ALARM AUTOMATICLY REARMS IT COMES BACK ON AT THE MOMENT I HAVE TO DISCONNECT THE EARTH LEAD TO BATTERY TO STOP IT FLATTENING MY BATTERY. I HAVE READ THREW SOME OF THE OTHER POST AND THINK IT IS ONE OF THE RELAYS WHERE DO I FIND THEM AND HOW DO I REPAIR THEM ?

KIND REGARDS PAUL
Old 25 January 2007, 05:49 PM
"OE Alarm" Sam
BANNED

I've heard of this before, but never really managed to concluded what the fault was caused by.

It does sound to be the indicator output from the alarm, but due to the construction it would seem unlikely -
The indicator output is controlled from a single relay with a single moving contact with two dioded outputs. I suppose that its possible that the moving contact could have worn and come out of allign at it's pivot point, sticking at an angle with one output "closed circuit".
Try knocking the alarm unit whilst the indicators are stuck on - if they go out it could be the relay in the alarm ECU.
Due to type/construction it would be hard to get hold of the relay, so you could be looking at a new ECU (SACC 3465 iro £70 from a Subaru dealer) - a later ECU would also be resistant to Radio Lock Out if thats any consolation.

A cheaper temporary fix would be to cut the "sticking" output from the alarm and connect both vehicle wires to the "good" output. You would need to fit diodes to both vehicle wires, so left and right still operated independently when signaling.

Doing a search on the forum I also found the hazard/indicator relay could be the cause, thers a similar problem here, but with no alarm:
https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-o...ators+sticking

SS

Last edited by "OE Alarm" Sam; 25 January 2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 25 January 2007, 07:55 PM
casper22
Scooby Newbie

Default fao oe alarm sam

Iv tryed removeing all the flasher fuses but it still stays on and iv tryed nocking the alarm siren box when i reconnect the earth lead but the indicator comes on straigth away and wont knock off the inicators were working ok it used to stop on sometimes when i put the alarm on but if i switched on on and off a few times it would knock off. the left hand side is working ok as indicator and emerqency flasher. thanx for your reply
Old 25 January 2007, 07:59 PM
casper22
Scooby Newbie

Default oe alarm sam

ps does it have separate relays for emergency flashers and indicators and if so were are they
Old 27 January 2007, 09:44 AM
"OE Alarm" Sam
BANNED

Originally Posted by casper22
ps does it have separate relays for emergency flashers and indicators and if so were are they
Have alook in the thread linked above. I think that the conclusion was the hazard and indicator flasher unit were one and the same. On the 2001-on Impreza models I believe it is a round relay above the driver's left knee - best way to check is to set the hazards going and follow the click.

With regard to knocking the alarm unit, this needs to be the alarm ECU itself not the siren. The alarm unit is mounted behind the dash in th cabin. Exact location depends on model year.

SS