Notices

Blobeye STI security

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2015, 12:55 PM
ajones3217
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Blobeye STI security

Hi, What additional security do you have on your blobeye sti besides the standard Sigma alarm?
I am pondering whether to add some additional security to beef it up.
Thanks
Old 14 June 2015, 01:05 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I had my sigma striped off last year, it's a Maltese import so was retro fitted rather than factory and I wasn't happy with it.

Had a Clifford concept 650 fitted instead which has the blackjax anti hi jack feature. Also had the dual proximity sensor and anti tilt sensor to protect the wheels from theft (I'm sure they were both add on modules).
Very happy with the system, definitely added peace of mind.

Also use the old trusted disklock as I had it sat in the garage, better on the steering wheel of the scooby than the garage floor.
Old 14 June 2015, 04:32 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Damn your car is like Fort Knox !!!

I must say though +1 for the blackjac anti hi-jack system, had it on my old scooby and it is the best alarm add-on you ever have, most people also have no idea what it is.
Its bloody excellent im so suprised more alarms do not have a similar system.
Old 16 June 2015, 10:13 AM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

It is a little I guess

Still better safe than sorry.

I agree with the Blackjax comments, a while back a few people on here slated it saying it was a nuisance, unreliable etc...
This is the second Scooby I have had it fitted on now and wouldn't not have it just for the peace of mind, even as a stand alone bit of kit its excellent in my eyes.

And as you say most people don't even know what it is, and I can vouch for it working. Car went in for its MOT and oil change (GF's dad is a mechanic) and while talking to him when dropping it off I forgot to stick it in valet mode.
Of course once in the MOT bay and reved and braked during the test the hijack system kicked in and totally immobilised the car (Also while nearly deafening him) even with the remote and keys in his hand that car was going nowhere.

Only the pin number was bringing the car back to life, thumbs up to the system from me

There's no way in that situation a thief is hanging around while the car is drawing attention to itself
Old 16 June 2015, 04:26 PM
Aiden04
Scooby Regular

The Clifford Blackjax sounds well worth it's buck!!

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clifford-G5-Blackjax-Car-stolen-Anti-Hijack-Theft-system-/300379806974

Old 16 June 2015, 05:03 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Its only a nusience until you get used to it, then it becomes second nature typing in the code.
I think its excellent, and works a treat.
Old 17 June 2015, 09:37 AM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Very true, I hardly see it as a nuisance to be honest, considering what it offers especially when compared to a tracker at £125 per year which if you are away from the car when alerted and can't confirm its a genuine alert they won't alert the police.
Old 07 October 2015, 05:59 PM
cam87
Scooby Regular

can you still get the gearbox locks you used to be able to get? i know they had them years ago but is anyone still doing these?