Advise on vibration & whinning noise WRX STI Please

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2016, 09:43 PM
sandrai
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advise on vibration & whinning noise WRX STI Please

Hi,

I bought a 08 WRX STI hatchback with 32,000 just over two years ago and it is still not right any assistance would be appreciated.

There was a whinning noise when driving at all speeds had it in to Subaru and six other garages all said it was okay and Subaru charged £80 just for a test drive.

I have replaced all 4 discs, brake pads,
Gear box & diff oils
someone advise it was wheel hub on passengers side costly replaced but noise still there.

Had the clutch checked as my husband said it was that but all SIX garages said it was tight, soild and changes with no issues. I do not feel if there is an issue with it.

it was four new tyres on it when I bought it and they were Sunny tyres when googled everyone said get rid as they are rubbish and dangerous.

There is now four new Nexon 08 tyres on it when Subaru recommended. they wanted £120 per wheel but Skidz done a brilliant job and replaced for £75 each.

My husband said there is a vibration through the floor and up through the pedal and now he says is seems to pull back when taking foot of accelerator. This is happening at all speeds.

He is convinced the clutch is going to give in, or transmission box or diff or the lot.

Can anyone help or recommend a garage near Falkirk.
Old 07 April 2016, 08:38 PM
scotty boy 80
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds a bit similar to what I'm going through just now and for mine it's the prop shaft centre bearing, whines and shudders like made at 40 and anything over 65
Old 07 April 2016, 09:03 PM
sandrai
Scooby Newbie

That's an expensive part. Do you need to replace the whole prop shaft.
I will need to get him to go round a few garages to try and find what the problem is. I have had enough replacing parts and it's still not working right.
The old wrx sti import we had a good few years ago never gave us this much hassle. The guy we sold it to still uses it today.

Thanks
Old 08 April 2016, 09:04 AM
InTurbo
Scooby Regular

Was this noise there from the day you bought the car? Maybe the previous owner has fitted some sort of drivetrain polly bushes to the car. These transmit all manner of drivetrain whine noises.
Old 08 April 2016, 09:29 AM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Is the dccd on auto sounds like you could be driving it in maunual with it partially locked, or as above polly bushies can cause vibrations hence why they are not fitted from the factory, i remember the first cossie i had ,i fitted polly bushies to every bit of the car and it was unbearable! Had to end up removing most of them lol