Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Message to webmaster/moderator re "Flood control"

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2001, 11:28 AM
matt d
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently made a long post in reply to someone asking for advice on buying a scoob, only to get the message "Sorry! We have flood-control activated. You cannot post within 60 seconds of your last post. Please try again after this period of time elapses"

Ok, so I wait 60 seconds, hoping I can get my post back and resend it, but nothing happens. Click on the back button on the browser and hmm, my post isn't there either - scoobynet swallowed it! I demand my post back now! Seriously though, if the bbs is going to stop someone posting twice within one minute (any reason for this? 5 times in one minute I can understand, but surely twice is ok?), it would be useful if the post didn't get swallowed up. It took me a good 10-15 minutes to write that post, and it's frustrating to see it get swallowed up. I'm sure there is a good reason for this flood control thing, but it would be great if you could avoid swallowing up posts too. Cheers!

P.S. I even got "flood control" on this post (which I had cut & pasted just in case), despite waiting over 5 minutes since my last post - maybe there is a problem with the server?
Old 25 April 2001, 11:42 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt,

Unfortunately, that is one of this risks of the internet, it just isnt reliable enough yet to send an instant response back to your request. It has happened to me before and it is very irritating.

The Flood control is basically a defence system, it stops people repetitively spamming boards.

Are you sure the post isnt in the forum you posted? Try refreshing it. Also, as a rule of thumb, I ALWAYS copy any long threads I type as I type and before I post.

Cem
Old 29 March 2011, 09:26 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blow Dog
Matt,

Unfortunately, that is one of this risks of the internet, it just isnt reliable enough yet to send an instant response back to your request. It has happened to me before and it is very irritating.

The Flood control is basically a defence system, it stops people repetitively spamming boards.

Are you sure the post isnt in the forum you posted? Try refreshing it. Also, as a rule of thumb, I ALWAYS copy any long threads I type as I type and before I post.

Cem