Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   ScoobyNet > Community > ScoobyNet General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by

Welcome to ScoobyNet.com!
Subaru forum
Welcome to the ScoobyNet.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 24 September 2011, 09:25   #1
OllieS
Scooby Newbie

Trader Score: (0)
Default mpg king!

Before I ruffle anyone's feathers I want to add I didn't buy the car for the economy, but this weekend I worked out that to take the scooby for the weekend over the ibiza would cost about 50 extra in fuel ( 20 mpg vs 47) anyway as the sun was out I couldn't help taking the scoob at the thought of my old local roads over the weekend! Anyway..... Out of interest, I drove very very sensible/gentle for 100 miles home and managed 33.5mpg! How good is that!

On just the motorway, there and back it will save me around 26 quid, and I still can enjoy some scooby fun on the roads around here!
OllieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2011, 10:43   #2
Carlh
Scooby Regular

they can give good mpg when you drive like every else and keep it off boost.
Carlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2011, 11:03   #3
Cockney Wideboy
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (2)

my record is 36MPG.....i wanted to see what i could get so put all my best fuel saving tactics to use and never once let the turbo come on boost, kept a steady 65MPH. It was late one Sunday evening so no traffic.

I was driving back to Sheffield from Essex so the entire trip (bare about 10miles at each end) was dual carriage way or motorway which does help a lot. but it was rather and not something i'm keen to repeat. Like the OP we also have a more sensible car for longer trips.

On the way down the day before I managed 23MPG for the exact same trip
Cockney Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2011, 11:15   #4
Micheru
Scooby Regular

I get about 30mpg on my commutes, 300 miles out of a 50l tank. Usually doing 70-85 off boost, improved a lot since I de-catted.

Edit: Saying that, I've got a mate with a 172 Cup, who's trip computer says he gets 50mpg doing 65 in 5th...

Last edited by Micheru; 24 September 2011 at 12:56.
Micheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2011, 12:41   #5
Mr moff
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (1)

I get around 23mpg most of the time and can squeeze about 260 out of a tank.Quite chuffed with that.

Danny.
Mr moff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2011, 13:05   #6
ginger321
Scooby Regular

i managed 28 to the gallon in stop start school run and commuting to work without any steady extra urban driving.
ginger321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2011, 13:05

Tags
king, mpg