Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   ScoobyNet > Community > ScoobyNet General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by

Welcome to ScoobyNet.com!
Subaru forum
Welcome to the ScoobyNet.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29 August 2011, 22:29   #1
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 369
Default Sigma Alarm System Pin Code Change Head Up

Just thought I would let you all in on the information you NEED if you want to change your pin code for your Sigma Alarm system...
....lost my pin and one of my fobs stopped working so, was getting worried that I only have one fob and if that got lost, I would be stuffed!!

So, went to Subaru Dealer and they couldnt find the code on their database or from the factory and said that it was possible for them to change it for me aslong as I had a working fob...cool.....BUT...I will have to pay about 40 for 30mins labour
Cash flow a bit tight at the moment...

Well, after searching and reading lotsa threads from many forums, I found this little nugget.......and it works cos I now have a new pin code..so, heres the golden nugget:

Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can re-set the 4-digit PIN to one of your own choosing yourself, using the keypad, at any time.

If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

B. Using the current PIN Code (if a working Radio Key is not available):
- Arm and then Disarm the system using the current PIN
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- **abcd*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where abcd is your current PIN code and wxyz your new PIN code)
- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using the new PIN code

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.
- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

The programming codes just go on and on, so not really suitable to post. What are you wanting to turn on or adjust?


So, it took less than 1 minute to do and now it works....I armed the alarm and then opened the door with the key and set the alarm off then disarmed it with my new pin-code....

So, to save yourself 40 or more, don't keep the original pin-code...change it to something that you will always remember....SORTED!!

Last edited by SmileyScooby; 29 August 2011 at 22:31.
SmileyScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2011, 00:15   #2
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

 
wrx fifer's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (34)
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: glenrothes,fife SCOTLAND!!!!!!
Posts: 2,656
grant buchan fifer uk
Send a message via MSN to wrx fifer
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Default

great bit of info buddy
__________________
wrx sti prodrive style 338bhp with launch control
v4 sti type r
v8 blobeye sti 407 bhp mapped by Andy Forrest


http://www.scottishscoobies.net
wrx fifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2011, 00:31   #3
GarethE
Scooby Regular
 
Trader Score: (1)
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Walking the fine line between genius and insanity
Posts: 2,394
Default

Cheers for posting that - I've lost the original 4 digit code, so have been relying on the radio fobs. I'll reset the code tomorrow using your option A just in case I have probs with the fobs.

Mucho appreciated

Gareth
GarethE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2011, 01:22   #4
wr pete
Scooby Regular
 
wr pete's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 558
Default

Great post, cheers for sharing info I'll be changing mine tomorrow.
wr pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2011, 03:27   #5
haroldhettaturbo
Scooby Regular
 
Trader Score: (2)
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: www.ukscoobies.com
Posts: 1,025
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Default

Cheers for that .
__________________
In Martin and Russ we trust. http://www.sheffieldsubaruservice.co.uk/
http://www.reflectology.co.uk/
http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/
haroldhettaturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2011, 13:37   #6
SmileyScooby
Scooby Regular

 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 369
Default

No worries guysWas so chuffed that it worked...I had to share the knowledge..LOL

By the way...the keypad is a bit finiky for man fingers...so, I used the little rubber tipped pen that comes with a sat nav or psp or some phones...worked a treat

I am gonna try and reprogram my broken fob later...
SmileyScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2011, 14:38   #7
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular
 
Tomwrx's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (54)
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: irvine,ayrshire
Posts: 3,549
Send a message via AIM to Tomwrx
Default

here the link to the original info plus other things you can with the sigma alarm.

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.p...HiddenFeatures
Tomwrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2012, 22:02   #8
stevostyles
Scooby Newbie

 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: preston lancashire
Posts: 1
Default

ive just done it and it works your boss pal was in same situation 1 fob and worring, iam so pleased you posted it because youve saved me cash too
stevostyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2012, 22:39   #9
ado
Scooby Regular
 
Trader Score: (4)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chesterfield
Posts: 464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyScooby View Post
Just thought I would let you all in on the information you NEED if you want to change your pin code for your Sigma Alarm system...
....lost my pin and one of my fobs stopped working so, was getting worried that I only have one fob and if that got lost, I would be stuffed!!

So, went to Subaru Dealer and they couldnt find the code on their database or from the factory and said that it was possible for them to change it for me aslong as I had a working fob...cool.....BUT...I will have to pay about 40 for 30mins labour
Cash flow a bit tight at the moment...

Well, after searching and reading lotsa threads from many forums, I found this little nugget.......and it works cos I now have a new pin code..so, heres the golden nugget:

Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can re-set the 4-digit PIN to one of your own choosing yourself, using the keypad, at any time.

If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

B. Using the current PIN Code (if a working Radio Key is not available):
- Arm and then Disarm the system using the current PIN
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- **abcd*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where abcd is your current PIN code and wxyz your new PIN code)
- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using the new PIN code

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.
- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

The programming codes just go on and on, so not really suitable to post. What are you wanting to turn on or adjust?


So, it took less than 1 minute to do and now it works....I armed the alarm and then opened the door with the key and set the alarm off then disarmed it with my new pin-code....

So, to save yourself 40 or more, don't keep the original pin-code...change it to something that you will always remember....SORTED!!
Does this work on the alarm on MY03 WRX STI?
Cheers Ade
ado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2012, 12:03   #10
davedipster
Scooby Senior
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Essex
Posts: 2,602
Default

Yep
davedipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2012, 15:01   #11
tonka2
Scooby Regular
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: tamworth
Posts: 54
Default

Do you have to enter the stars as well as...
tonka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2012, 20:26   #12
ado
Scooby Regular
 
Trader Score: (4)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chesterfield
Posts: 464
Default

good question
ado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2012, 20:28   #13
peter zippy reid
Scooby Regular
 
peter zippy reid's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (22)
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hamilton scotland
Posts: 2,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka2 View Post
Do you have to enter the stars as well as...
+2
peter zippy reid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2012, 20:38   #14
paul&bec
Scooby Newbie

 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: weymouth
Posts: 23
Default

i had this a few weeks ago . . only i had no pin and no workin fob . . had to pay 50 for someone to remove the sigma
paul&bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2012, 20:55   #15
Aaron1978
Trackside

 
Aaron1978's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (10)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East Yorkshire
Posts: 4,960
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka2 View Post
Do you have to enter the stars as well as...
yes
__________________
Aaron

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room!

2.1 CDB built by API Impreza
Mapped by Pat Herborn
Aaron1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2012, 09:43   #16
a5h
Scooby Regular
 
Trader Score: (3)
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: London
Posts: 1,779
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Default

Nice bit of info cheers mate
__________________
A Scooby's for life not just for christmas!!!!
Have Scooby will travel ..... Just need to find someone to pay for the fuel ......

Servicing and performance work done by Rich of FB Tunning
a5h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2012, 11:28   #17
joz8968
IS YER DAD IN?!

 
joz8968's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (13)
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Indochina... inside a rice bowl
Posts: 19,255
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Default

Sticky?
__________________
STi Version V . . . 384.3 bhp . . . 349.2 lb ft
joz8968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2012, 11:45   #18
urban
Scooby Regular
 
Trader Score: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N.Ireland
Posts: 10,841
Default

I already knew about this, but it is great info
It doesn't seem to work on the new 08+ cars however
urban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2012, 23:07   #19
ado
Scooby Regular
 
Trader Score: (4)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chesterfield
Posts: 464
Default

Worked on mine a treat, new pin code sorted, thanks

If I replace my alarm ecu,( factory standard, like for like) how do I go about reprogramming my old keys to replacement ecu?

Cheers
ado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2012, 23:45   #20
toneh
Scooby Regular
 
toneh's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (1)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 2,258
Default

I'm not gonna post it here , but , me and a mate with bugs have discovered , our sigmas are next to useless if your a tea leaf armed with this info and pick the right car
Sigma suck !
toneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2012, 11:04   #21
ado
Scooby Regular
 
Trader Score: (4)
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chesterfield
Posts: 464
Default

But surely any 1 with the correct info and no how on any alarm can make short work of cracking it if wanted to.
ie, installer
ado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2012, 12:01   #22
toneh
Scooby Regular
 
toneh's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (1)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ado View Post
But surely any 1 with the correct info and no how on any alarm can make short work of cracking it if wanted to.
ie, installer
Believe me mate it don't take no cracking and you not got to be an installer
Like I said all you need is this info about pin change and select the right car
toneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2012, 02:09   #23
pra77y
Scooby Newbie
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 16
Default Sigma S32

Hi,
Ive got a 2010 STI Spec R - does anyone know where i can get the access codes for the extra features? all i can find on the net is about M30 and maybe an S12 if thats what its called?

Subaru are absolutely no help - even if i want them to do they are useless..
pra77y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2012, 02:34   #24
Bean1984
Scooby Regular
 
Bean1984's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (3)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: essex
Posts: 1,798
scooby_bigal
Default

Great info there bud

Done me a big favout
Bean1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2012, 02:44   #25
pra77y
Scooby Newbie
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 16
Default

what do you mean?
pra77y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2012, 02:59   #26
GC8
On the Edge~In the Hedge!

 
GC8's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sheffield; Rome of the North
Posts: 17,573
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Default

Rather obviously, I think; he was talking to the OP, not to you.

This board needs Sigma Sam back, but the webclown banned him leaving Sigma uses high and dry, as he prepared to fleece Internet Brands.
GC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2012, 03:16   #27
pra77y
Scooby Newbie
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 16
Default

oh right - whoops.
this is so frustrating! how come no one can seem to find the user manual for the sigma s32!? SOMEONE must have bought one or work for sigma or something that has the relevant documents. I mean where did the M30 come from?

I cant believe how useless subaru are. when i bought the car brand new from them they didnt even tell me there was a keypad. they couldnt even tell me how to use the DCCD diff settings either. Then when i mentioned that i had FOUND a keypad and how to activate it - they told me over the phone that it would cost $30 and i would have to book it in.... pffft

So i got my car serviced the other day, and just told him to turn it on for me. He did - then went through about 3 days of trying to get in contact with him about how to change the pin. then he comes back and says he's got the user manual (which i don't have) so he photo copied it. i Said could you email it to me and he was like 'oh nar thats too hard i have to go and find a scanner downstairs etc, ill just leave it with one of the guys and you can come and pick it up'. So he did, and I did.

needless to say there was nothing in there about the codes or anything - tried calling them back and he's never available. F*ing useless ******!


So now im scouring the net for s32 User manual/Hidden features... seems there's nothing. Could randomly try M30 sequences but dont really feel like 'bricking' my car and being stuck... then i'll have to deal with subaru!
pra77y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2012, 03:55   #28
GC8
On the Edge~In the Hedge!

 
GC8's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sheffield; Rome of the North
Posts: 17,573
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Default

I have a manual, but Ive just checked and its for a Sigma M series alarm. Try Googling "Sigma Sam" on British forums. He works for Sigma and has provided help to many users. I believe that he joined the SIDC site after de Plank banned him (after trying to extort money), so that could be the place to start.


Simon
GC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2012, 04:05   #29
GC8
On the Edge~In the Hedge!

 
GC8's Avatar
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sheffield; Rome of the North
Posts: 17,573
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Default

Unfortunately Sigma Sam stopped working for Sigma in 2010 and has now stopped answering Sigma alarm queries.

From his last technical post on SIDC: "For advice on your Sigma alarm systems please contact the technical help desk at Scorpion Automotive on 01257 249928 or visit www.scorpionauto.com for other contact details"

This is the technical section thread, which may contain the answers that you need. If not then searching the British SUbaru forums using his name will probably find your problem discussed.

http://forums.sidc.co.uk/topic/96215.../page__st__660


Simon
GC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2012, 21:11   #30
albob
Scooby Regular
 
Trader Score: (0)
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 2,300
This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pra77y View Post
Hi,
Ive got a 2010 STI Spec R - does anyone know where i can get the access codes for the extra features? all i can find on the net is about M30 and maybe an S12 if thats what its called?

Subaru are absolutely no help - even if i want them to do they are useless..
found this on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/subaru-imp...item2ec1559992

i have no idea if its of any use to u, but might be worth an email to the seller !!!

alan
albob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2012, 21:11
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2002, alarm, alarms, change, changing, code, codes, impreza, pin, reset, security, sigma, sti, subaru, system, uk


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:11.


Important - Opinions expressed are not necessarily the opinions of ScoobyNet or any individuals directly or indirectly involved in this website or the companies and individuals associated with it. No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on this or any associated or relating bulletin board. Your personal information will be kept private except to comply with applicable laws or valid legal reasons.
Email Backups