Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Im a drug dealer!! ???

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2001, 03:49 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now before you all start,yes im a student with a subaru.Right. For the last 3 years of my course ive been parkin my pride and joy outside a mates house more or less everyday.Yesterday i returned 2 find a note under my wiper blade, upon reading it, it said;-
"LISTEN DRUG DEALER!! STOP PARKING AROUND HERE!! THESE GETS ARE GOOD KIDS, NOBODY WANTS YOU PARKING HERE PUSHING DRUGS TO FUND YOUR YEAR,

BITCH!!"

Charming i thought, must be a joke. But today after being in lectures for 2 hrs they had inscribed the word W***er on the boot using the dirt to write it. Now i know its small but it really ticked me off.If someone touches my baby i go nuts, nevermind this.So im in two minds what to do.Parking around that area is hard considering there is hardly anywhere to park.Its just too bad that you have to worry about your car when you have to go or do something else.

Scarppydoo
PS im considering the police, but i dont want to upset them for something so minor.The thing is i dont want it to go any further, like vandalism!!

[Edited by scrappydoo - 10/19/2001 3:51:26 PM]
Old 19 October 2001, 03:57 PM
gadge
Scooby Regular

if it is soo close to your mates house get cctv on the go not so deer now about £30-£40 and a vcr catch them in the act dut remembre to put a notice on your scoob saying it is under the wachfull eye of BIG BROTHER. then if it dose go any further you have proof to suport your case
Old 19 October 2001, 04:03 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Thanks gadge i'll look into that.Its too bad that you have to do this cos of jealous punks though.

Scrappy
Old 19 October 2001, 04:09 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

you could get an annoying alarm like a clifford 500 which has a proximity warning buzzer.

Put up a sign saying I am not a drug dealer or leave your own note under the wipers.
Old 19 October 2001, 04:27 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

****ers

i too am in the same situation...uni student, and a car that stands out. recently, after parking in the same student area for some time in belfast i returned to find a note basically threatening me and the car. i was rightly pissed, also feared parking there the next day. i wrote a note which i intended to place under the wiper but forgot and have been parking there since. nothing has happened...touch wood.

i went on the theory that if they are decent enough to write a note rather than vandalise first time maybe all will be well. god knows i've jinxed myself now!

sorry to hear the news...
Old 19 October 2001, 04:33 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

midget1500, its just jealousy at the end of the day.They see a student,young boy with a new scooby and bang, all their morals go out the window.What the hell is the matter with people, actually going out of their way to write a note and to leave it under your wiper blade.

[Edited by scrappydoo - 10/19/2001 4:33:42 PM]
Old 19 October 2001, 04:39 PM
Maxy_UK
Scooby Regular

Scrappy

Whereabouts do you goto uni?? I too am a student but have never had this happen to me. If it did happen i would be scared of taking my scoob out at all Young lad with a nice car automatically equals drug dealer.......what is this world coming too.....
Old 19 October 2001, 04:50 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

I dont really want to say where i go to uni for obvious reasons but lets just say in the S.Wales area. To be honest i am scared about taking it to uni now.I go and come back expecting the worse.Also i forgot to mention. My mate has got a modded up mondeo and about 3 weeks back someone on the same street hit his rear end with a white car causing quite alot of damage to his back bumper, which by the way had just come out from the sprayers. He then buggered off before we came back. T**ser!! Im considering changing my car now for a car that attracts alot less attention.
Old 19 October 2001, 04:57 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Its such a shame when this happens.

A couple of nights ago I found a couple of guys trying to break into my scoob, I fortunately frightened them off from a distance, slight damage done but all the same.

Very unwelcome
Old 19 October 2001, 05:03 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

MichelleWRX1994, sorry to hear that.Hope the damage was minimal.Swines!!! ??? I suppose we accept the risk when we purchase the car.
Old 19 October 2001, 05:05 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Yes I suppose we do, it is thankful they didn't do any more damage, its just luck I was awake at the time and had my window open. Call me stupid for going to have a look, but no one tries to steal my pride and joy [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Had the lock fixed now.
Old 19 October 2001, 05:15 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Nice one, for being so alert. The thing is, its all time and money.Your time and Your money.Makes me mad. I dont know what i would do if i saw one of them attempting to steal my baby.
Old 19 October 2001, 06:41 PM
gadge
Scooby Regular

Cool

microscan do a talking warn away dule zone alarm think i know a some lads that do these for £180 all in. worth a thought!
Old 19 October 2001, 07:22 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Scrappy, I parked my Terzo for a year in my Uni car park daytimes and got not a blink. I'm 32, but don't have any grey hair and reputedly can pass for 24. If you're obviously 19, I can (sadly) understand the conclusion they jump to, even if it's thoroughly wrong (Ulp... No offence meant.)

Oh yeah, to make you laugh... I was studying international narcotics law! Seriously! (Got an LLM with distinction, too)

But odd that you have been parking it there for 3 years, and the complaint only starts now?? Sounds to me that either you have a new set of neighbours, or someone else has had a rapid change of opinion, eg they've just found out their son has tried a joint and are looking for someone to blame. The W****er comment is going a bit far though.

Keep the original note, if it's in handwriting it might come in useful if it escalates. I really hope it doesn't, and either someone sets the record straight on your behalf, or they just get bored and **** off.

Can your mate identify who is new in the area?

Good luck
BJH
Old 19 October 2001, 07:26 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Some ****** at work has tied a barrel to my car tonight[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I set off, didn't notice the noise untill the barrel had chipped my front bumper, scratched my alloy and dented my sill

My only hope is that I calm down by Monday morning or else I might not have a job to go to[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Bob
Old 20 October 2001, 01:47 PM
MyDreamCar
Scooby Regular

Why the hell cant people just leave the FU*K alone???
The first day i took my scoob to work - someone in the QA department (My Dept.!!!) decided it would be funny to put an "ON HOLD" card under my wiper blade - i found out later they were going to tape it on but thought that might set the alarm off - sure I can sort of see the funny side of it - cause on the hold card they had written:
"Reason for on Hold: - Should be blue & Spoiler too big"!!
But even so - I gave them the bollocking of their life time for doing it - they dont realise how easy it is to scratch or dent a panel - makes me so mad i could ...... do something bad!

Phil
Old 20 October 2001, 02:17 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Angry

Yep,

One of my fellow work matess smashed my rear bumper up hence I have a 2000 version on mine now.

Somebody at another depot when I was on secondment decided to run the bumper of their van down the side of my car causing £300 worth of damage.

Saw someone else knock the rear passenger side door with their car, look at it, shrug and drive off.

A workmate again has caused paintwork damage to my rear bumper meaning I will have to have it resprayed.

The most recent incident mentioned in my first post is fortunately not that costly.

Numerous sarcastic notes like the one above put on my car and of course the tonnes of jealous comments from green eyed workmates.

In this respect I have severely disliked scooby ownership. I feel targetted and feel more vunerable being a female.

Idiots on the road feel they can torment me more because I am female and have blue eyes, blonde hair - they think I can't drive and won't respond. More incidents than I could bother to post have happened - do they get a kick out of it? I won't respond due to the fact I do not wish to be noticed by the police any more than I am now.

Is it me or am I just unlucky?

Michelle.
Old 20 October 2001, 02:52 PM
SCOOP
Scooby Regular

Wink

Scrappy,
Bad news mate, keep your fingers crossed that they just get bored and find a new game to play.

P.S.
how much can you do 1/2oz of skunk for?

Cheers
SCOOP