ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

End of an era

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2016, 11:37 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default End of an era

Sold the Blob wagon tonight, bit sad to see it go but hey ho.

I stuck it on ebay as couldn't be arsed with this place and all the crap I'd no doubt get off all the usual arseholes, couldn't be doing with autotrader or pistonheads either, put it on sunday, gone on thursday, quite painless and very easy.

First to see it bought it.

Anyhow went to a young lad not too far from me, he came to have a look before bidding anymore, after a run up the road for a few miles he decided he wanted it and gave me a price I was quite happy with, he also took my gold STI wheels off me, so I'm feeling flush.
Old 26 August 2016, 07:22 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Ah nice, did you manage to get close to what you wanted?

The key i found if your selling a car is, to sell it when your not fused about selling it. If you sell when your desperate, then you can let if go for nothing.
Old 26 August 2016, 07:50 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ditchmyster

I stuck it on ebay as couldn't be arsed with this place and all the crap I'd no doubt get off all the usual arseholes,
couldn't be doing with autotrader or pistonheads either, put it on sunday, gone on thursday, quite painless and very easy.

Anyhow went to a young lad not too far from me, he came to have a look before bidding anymore, after a run up the road for a few miles he decided he wanted it and gave me a price I was quite happy with, he also took my gold STI wheels off me, so I'm feeling flush.

Well that sums up SNet pretty well I guess
Old 26 August 2016, 08:44 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
Ah nice, did you manage to get close to what you wanted?

The key i found if your selling a car is, to sell it when your not fused about selling it. If you sell when your desperate, then you can let if go for nothing.
Yeah, I think I did pretty well considering it needs a cambelt, got £2400 including the gold wheels, which really owed me nothing as I had my moneys worth out of the tyres that came with them, tbh I was happy with anything above £1800 but wasn't going to tell the buyer that.

Putting it into perspective I paid £4k for the car 5yrs ago did almost 35k with only wear and tear items like brake pads tyres and oil changes and I still have the AP 4 pots it came with, which are up for sale at the moment but not really bothered if I sell them or not tbh, so all in all pretty good in my eyes.
Old 26 August 2016, 08:50 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben
Well that sums up SNet pretty well I guess
Yeah can't be arsed with the place for the most part, I'm hardly on here but still get sad acts making comments every time I post something, which just shows me and every other right minded normal person how pathetic they are really.
Old 26 August 2016, 08:56 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

What miles had it done?

Well as long as your happy with price, i'm guessing you will end up with another one at some stage. Unless i've missed a thread

Yeah, I think I did pretty well considering it needs a cambelt, got £2400 including the gold wheels, which really owed me nothing as I had my moneys worth out of the tyres that came with them, tbh I was happy with anything above £1800 but wasn't going to tell the buyer that.

Putting it into perspective I paid £4k for the car 5yrs ago did almost 35k with only wear and tear items like brake pads tyres and oil changes and I still have the AP 4 pots it came with, which are up for sale at the moment but not really bothered if I sell them or not tbh, so all in all pretty good in my eyes.
Old 26 August 2016, 10:10 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

What miles had it done?

Well as long as your happy with price, i'm guessing you will end up with another one at some stage. Unless i've missed a thread
It was on 126,500 and yeah already got another one in the garage, STI Type R that I've had for almost 10yrs, but that needs a load of time and money that I don't have at the minute to be spending on cars, it's a project in waiting for when I've finished the house I'm working on.

I looked around at prices and did the we buy any car valuation which came out at just shy of £1900 but I doubt they would have actually given me that as the body needs a bit of a tidy up to make it perfect.

The way I looked at it was I could spend circa £800 on cambelt and a bit of a waft of paint on the front and back bumpers and the bonnet but then I'd be wanting £3.5k which I think is a bit of a tall order considering the mileage or just let it go for the sort of money it went for, and in my eyes I did pretty well.
Old 26 August 2016, 10:20 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

I'd have probably asked for £2500, think you could of got abit under that. But £1800 for hassle free sale. Every time i go to we buy any car they offer me nothing.

Maybe because i service my own cars and have no history. But as you said they always knock you down. Type R will only go up in price, so its not a waste just sitting them. Its an investment
Old 26 August 2016, 10:37 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

I'd have probably asked for £2500, think you could of got abit under that. But £1800 for hassle free sale. Every time i go to we buy any car they offer me nothing.

Maybe because i service my own cars and have no history. But as you said they always knock you down. Type R will only go up in price, so its not a waste just sitting them. Its an investment
£2500 was the price I'd have put it up for tbh, but couldn't be arsed with silly offers from idiots, I really can't be doing with idiots, seriously have no patience for fools that think they are smart.

I service my own cars too, so was missing stamped history but I had some of the receipts for stuff I bought, but the thing with these cars is they don't last if you don't look after them, so the mileage kind of tells you it's been looked after, also in my ownership for 5yrs which I think counts for a lot as the car has not been passed around.

Any how got £2400 well a bit more from selling some parts too so going to put some into my new car and the rest is going to buy me loads of floor tiles.
Old 27 August 2016, 11:02 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Floor titles, now your just taking crazy. You need to think before making a rash choice. You need to spend it on sensible things, next you will be saying your buying some wall paint 😉

Funny enough I was speaking to my mate about time wasters other day. He was saying he had a load when he sold his run about. Dealers offering him half the price he wanted. I find advert in window works best. As long as your happy that's main thing.
Old 28 August 2016, 10:08 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

But you absoutley loved your PPP WRX wagon???
Old 28 August 2016, 10:15 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you sell it with the AP's or did you sell them separate??

I always give the WRX a hard time, but for the money you wont get a better estate/wagon car, 4wd a bit of poke and enough room to throw the dogs in the back all for £2,400.
Old 28 August 2016, 03:39 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Did you sell it with the AP's or did you sell them separate??

I always give the WRX a hard time, but for the money you wont get a better estate/wagon car, 4wd a bit of poke and enough room to throw the dogs in the back all for £2,400.
Nah, it's missing the towing capacity. If it could tow 1.8 tonne then it would truly be the ultimate .
Old 28 August 2016, 04:04 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

I stuck it on ebay as couldn't be arsed with this place and all the crap I'd no doubt get off all the usual arseholes, couldn't be doing with autotrader or pistonheads either, put it on sunday, gone on thursday, quite painless and very easy.

What you gonna replace it with?
Old 29 August 2016, 02:09 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Yep I did love the wagon but it's too much car for what I need and driving back and forth to Croatia just for mot etc is a bit of a ball ache as well as the cost @ circa £1500 a year (tax, mot, insurance and fuel back and forth) it's the price of a decent run around, so as some of you know I bought myself a MK1 Golf to keep me entertained, tbh I enjoy driving that more than the Wagon these days.

AP 4 pots are in the for sale section as I wasn't going to let those go with it for nothing, was going to keep them for my Type R but I won't be doing anything with that for a few years and when I do I think I'll have it completely standard.