Funny story when I got pulled over by the police

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2015, 02:29 PM
WokaImp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny story when I got pulled over by the police

Hi,

Was driving back from Whitby in my Impreza Classic and ventured into Teeside heading for the A19. Grew up in the region and used to get pulled constantly in my 950cc 25yr old Fiesta...usual excuses like "these cars are easy to steal...it's for your own good...now please drive 9 miles to the nearest police station as the result of this producer I'm giving you" etc. Had some bad experiences like when once a policeman actually physically damaged my car in front of me to justify the stop! Later on, when I complained...desk sergeant: "Where's your proof!"

Road turned into dual carriageway and I went to overtake a police van and ambulance as we went uphill. As we got to the top sun blinded me and the road went back to single lane, so tucked in between the police van and ambulance. I thought "Oooooops! I wonder what's going to happen..."

..and what I thought would happen, surprisingly happened. He followed me through every left and right turn I made through Loftus for about 2-3 miles. I had my hand on the indicator waiting for the blue lights. Sure enough 10 seconds later.

Apparently I had my fog lights on. Damn it! It's very hard to see if they're on in a classic as there is no visual indication and I think I clipped the button with my knee as I got in the car. It certainly wasn't intentional and I hate people who drive with them on for no reason.

The policeman was really friendly about the whole thing but then also mentioned I had illegal number plates. They were on the car when I got it and didn't look out of place, so never questioned them.
He was very politely explaining why they were illegal, No. 4 was apparently "squashed", when he pointed at his number plate on his van and showed me how a 4 was supposed to look. It was at this point I noticed the bolt holding on his number plate was sticking out and loose, so I made a comment about his No plate not being road legal as it wasn't secured properly. As he went to inspect it the number plate fell off his van!
Priceless.

We both laughed as I made a comment about giving him a ticket.
He then talked to me for 15mins about Imprezas and how he loved them and how he hated selling his a few years back.

No points, no producers, no tickets.
The policeman was polite, respectful and friendly. Big thumbs up to him

Woka

PS: No. plates now replaced before any one asks.

Last edited by WokaImp; 05 August 2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05 August 2015, 02:40 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Lol nice. Had a Police man pull me up years ago in my old Nova, he checked car over, said my tyres where in really good condition seemed impressed. Then i pointed out that his shield over his catalytic converter was hanging off. Then he started saying how my car was in better nick than his.

All friendly and no problems.
Old 05 August 2015, 02:53 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they arnt all bad
Old 05 August 2015, 05:09 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

Yes, theyre not all the same .Could you imagine a world with no police ?
Old 05 August 2015, 05:28 PM
WokaImp
Scooby Regular

I never indicated they were all the same
I would say in my life time I have met a very small handful of police who do not deserve to wear the uniform. The vast majority I have dealt with have been great.
Then again I've never really been on the wrong side of the law.
The guy that pulled me over in the OP was quite in his right to give me an on the spot fine.
Old 05 August 2015, 05:40 PM
leeds_182
Scooby Regular

I hate them all. ****.
Old 05 August 2015, 05:48 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I got pulled by a police woman in my Evo to tell me that my square numberplate at the front was illegal and it should be a long numberplate in the middle of the bumper, I spent 10mins explaining that it was a import car and they have square number, she phoned it through to the station with my details, and 5 mins later she comes back to my car looking sheepish and tells me she will let me off, to my reply off "let me off for what" she quickly got in her police van and drove off

Probably been pulled about 6-7 times in my subarus and evo's over the last 10 years with her being the only one that was a bit funny with me, and ive done some stupid things in the past.
Old 05 August 2015, 09:05 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

It was a general comment and not saying you had said that. But i have found that , generally, you treat them with respect, you get treated the same. Yes, some are aggressive in their approach and manner, but faced with some of the lowlifes they deal with, i can understand why. Maybe ive just been lucky though