ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Alarm Problems - Help/Options

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2015, 06:50 PM
sirp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Problems - Help/Options

First of all, I am posting it in this section as I assume it will get far more views than in the security section?

Standard Alarm on my 05 WRX is causing me issues. Went to use the car after not using it for several days and the key fob appeared to not work, would not disarm the car alarm. So, bought a new battery and have followed all the instructions to reprogram without a working key (second key battery also dead, must have died ages ago, not used for years!). I have got the PIN from Subaru, and have used this one. Now, I suspected the PIN might have been changed, but somehow I have managed to arm/disarm my alarm using the keypad, although the behaviour does not seem perfect all the time, it does not work all the time. The reprogramming seems to go okay until the last step where you press the button and it should beep to tell you its programmed it, this does not happen. I have tried it with both key fobs with new batteries in, and even each one on their own, but the last step does nothing, the keys will not work.

So what do you think my best options are as I currently have a car I cannot start.

(1) Get another key from somewhere, just in case both fobs have died (really?)
(2) Get a mobile guy out to fix (assuming they can change the code and program a new key?)
(3) Get a mobile guy out to fit a new alarm system

I do not want to chuck loads of money at the current system if it might be faulty, if it would not cost much more to get a new Cat 1 alarm fitted :/

Does anyone know of anyone in Derby/Nottingham area who might be helpful here with alarms as there appears to be loads out there, none I have used myself.

cheers for any help/tips!
Old 31 July 2015, 08:22 PM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Have you tried disarming it with the ignition on?
Old 31 July 2015, 08:43 PM
sirp
Scooby Regular

Hi,

Do you mean use the pin on the keypad with the key in the ignition?

Keys are not working so is that what you mean?

I assumed all keypad presses are done with no keys in the ignition?
Old 01 August 2015, 07:54 AM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

No i mean turn the ignition on, then try pressing the button on the key.
Old 01 August 2015, 09:19 AM
sirp
Scooby Regular

Oh I see....no mate the button is not responding to any presses

Edit to say buttons after taking apart and jiggling stuff and putting back together are working...double checked at locksmith this morning. Keys will lock the doors if I turn the ignition.

Immobiliser is clicking off when I use pin...no alarm is going off at all though now...so somehow that is disabled!

I've tried to program keys again...but I have no idea if I am arming and disarming system as alarm not sounding now. Therefore, when I try the program sequence nothing is happening. The lights on keypad light as I press buttons which I assume is the wait for light bit? If I leave it two seconds between presses then it blinks rapidly which I understand means wrong pin or button pressed?

Last edited by sirp; 01 August 2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01 August 2015, 03:10 PM
sirp
Scooby Regular

After much faffing about and borrowing another car battery...looks like a failing partially working battery :/

Feel stupid now