ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

SUBARU S202 ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2015, 12:16 PM
1specc
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUBARU S202 ADVICE

Was interested in the white subaru s202 sva imports have for sale.
http://www.svaimports.com/cars/stock/impreza-s202-2/

Has anyone had any dealings with SVA IMPORTS and how highly are they recommended?
The s202 has 93k and when converted is approx 58 the car is literally in standard form but would require a tidy up i.e.: tidy up inlet manifold and any other minor cosmetics.
Any info or feedback with anybodys dealings with SVA IMPORTS and after sales would be appreciated.
Old 29 June 2015, 02:53 PM
Lunchmoney
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1specc
...the car is literally in standard form ...
Yet the advert states "A stunning car with some fantastic mods in great condition"

Not had dealings with them, but the promise of a refundable deposit if you are not completly satisfied with the car seems good to me. If I had that kind of money to spend on a car I might be tempted.
Old 29 June 2015, 03:25 PM
1specc
Scooby Newbie

The vehicle has only suspension upgrade and a boost monitor. So very basic mods to be honest.
I have also seen the Subaru s202 for sale at hurst cars and was initially drawn to the s202 from that listing.
But that vehicle having 400bhp and a 3k difference in price tag would be stretching the budget a bit!! The one at hurst does state only 16k miles
Which is substatially low for a car of that age.
Then in comparison to the one at SVA IMPORTS it is a lot more in its standard form then the one at hurst.
Old 29 June 2015, 03:44 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't have S202 seats

It's pretty cheap to be fair, I would need 13k to part with mine with the Ohlins uprated parts and costs involved in importing it to the UK.
Old 29 June 2015, 03:58 PM
1specc
Scooby Newbie

Have noticed it has a different drivers seat in the vehicle!!

Was also weighing up the chances of any issues occurring with the one at SVA 58k miles the higher mileage one but then again the one at hurst has been tuned to 400bhp would rather have the safer option!!

How have you found your s202 any issues with the vehicle, presume if they are maintained correctly should be bulletproof ?
Old 29 June 2015, 04:24 PM
MattyB1983
Scooby Regular

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

The advert at SVA states DCCD, I didn't think the 202 has DCCD ???
Old 29 June 2015, 06:08 PM
1specc
Scooby Newbie

I think that is a miss print because if you look at the picture of the vehicle inside it does not have the diff controller in the centre console section!!
Old 29 June 2015, 09:03 PM
Scooby Senior

Rocketship mate Needs mapping but it's the best new age Impreza for classic feel and fun IMHO It makes you want to drive like a coont tbh which all the other UK Newage Imprezas lacked for me Short ratio in 5th and 6th and the VF34 funky cams, 1330kgs = awesome

Stiff chassis FTW

Last edited by 53; 20 May 2016 at 12:48 AM.
Old 30 June 2015, 06:06 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Re SVA themselves; I have just picked up an evo 7rs from them, and had no issues with them - very straight forward.

I had a look at the s202 in passing, and it looks nice IMO, especially with the bronze wheels
Old 30 June 2015, 10:17 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got an S202 as well. Absolutely bloody brilliant cars.
Old 30 June 2015, 10:52 PM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

They have a good rep and plenty stop. Known a few to buy from them without issue
Old 01 July 2015, 12:26 AM
Lillyart14
Scooby Regular

Been down there a few times when I used to live in Folkestone for a nozy round and a good chat with the owner. It's best to go down and physically have a look and make some inquiries as their website can be quite outdated sometimes, especially when new stock rolls in as most of it tends to get pre-sold. Been told it'll take two weeks from money exchanging hands to driving away with it so that's not too bad.

They had a white S201 not so long ago, was advertised on their website for about two months before it was sold and that was before it had even arrived in Blighty but when I went to have a look at it once it had arrived (and knowing it had been pre-sold) it looked rather tired cosmetically and had a few obvious chip marks and a crack in the rear bumper. Not sure if SVA will tidy things like that up, but it would put me off to see it like that.
Old 01 July 2015, 01:25 AM
STI -V4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tbh you get that with a lot of import cars. some dealers will fix them up a little others wont.
even though you are buying fresh import its not a brand new car so expect to see age related marks / scuffs etc..

A couple of years ago I was after a Supra TT and saw some fresh import in a right state but sellers still asking £10k plus..!! The only good point was the zero rust but saying that I saw a couple that were starting to rust underneath even though they were fresh import so I would take each car on its own merit.

Plenty of jap cars are bought into the UK that are grade R / damaged repaired cars / mileages clocked etc.. and sell them on to buyers. So beware of ANY fresh import regardless of who is selling it and do all your checks first!
Old 05 July 2015, 07:58 AM
1specc
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by 53
Rocketship mate Needs mapping but it's the best new age Impreza for classic feel and fun IMHO It makes you want to drive like a coont tbh which all the other UK Newage Imprezas lacked for me Short ratio in 5th and 6th and the VF34 funky cams, 1330kgs = awesome

Stiff chassis FTW

Looks like a beautiful example you have there!! Have owned a spec c before had only 48k and was mapped by Andrew Carr and was reliable never had any issues with the car!! Think it is currently for sale for 11k but has changed a lot since I had the car a lot of the parts have been mixed and matched since selling it!!

Only thing I was a bit apprehensive of was the nearly 60k covered by the car is that something to be worried about?
Old 05 July 2015, 08:02 AM
1specc
Scooby Newbie

Talking

Originally Posted by Henrik
Re SVA themselves; I have just picked up an evo 7rs from them, and had no issues with them - very straight forward.

I had a look at the s202 in passing, and it looks nice IMO, especially with the bronze wheels
Just a quick question, considering you have seen the vehicle would save me a lot of time and money. How is the condition of the bodywork ie: no rust etc and no obvious signs of body panel repair or paint?
Old 05 July 2015, 09:41 AM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drove Nathan's before he sold it, great car closest newage to a classic driving wise. There was no DCCD in the one I drove. If it had had DCCD it would of been perfect. I love the S cars but I am a bit biased tbf.
Old 05 July 2015, 11:52 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by 1specc
Just a quick question, considering you have seen the vehicle would save me a lot of time and money. How is the condition of the bodywork ie: no rust etc and no obvious signs of body panel repair or paint?

I only really had a quick look around it as I was there to look at evo's, but obviously as it is a special edition subaru, I walked around it and had a quick look at it. I.e. what I'm saying is that I didn't inspect it the same way as I would have inspected a possible purchase.

With that out of the way, as I recall it looked really nice, especially sat on the bronze wheels I don't remember it having any massive dents or paint scrapes.

The cars at SVA obviously sit outdoors, so it will have a layer of dust etc on it (i.e. don't turn up and expect a "bmw indoor showroom finish" on the cars. Their stock seems to be of good quality, but just keep in mind the outdoor conditions re the dust.

All the evo's I crawled underneath had _no_ rust what so ever anywhere, so I'd expect the s202 to be the same on the basis of that. Most UK evo's are rusty wrecks underneath, but these ones were super clean.

My car had a paint scrape on the front bumper, but that was professionally repaired (bumper respray) at no extra cost, and tbh at least I can't see any signs of repair afterwards. To be expected with 13-14 year old cars, probably.

They also offer a 12 month warranty with their cars, which is pretty nice (handled by themselves, not a 3rd party warranty company).
Old 05 July 2015, 07:50 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattyB1983
The advert at SVA states DCCD, I didn't think the 202 has DCCD ???
Mine doesn't
Old 19 July 2015, 10:30 AM
infomotive
Scooby Newbie

Could be tempted by an S202, but are they worth the premium over a spec C?
Old 19 July 2015, 06:47 PM
Scooby Senior

They are Spec C RA's
Old 19 July 2015, 07:00 PM
infomotive
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by 53
They are Spec C RA's
Yes, but Bug Eye Spec C's are circa £8k but S202's are £11k+

I read a test review of the S202 years back and it gave it a glowing report which has always stuck in my mind.

I'm currently selling a property and when it completes I will be able to indulge myself and an S202 is definitely on the list.