banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Gutted for you fella, will keep an eye out for you too
Old 24 May 2015, 09:23 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It amazes me these horrible ***** actually break into peoples houses to steal the keys! The frightening thing is though that nobody knows how far they are prepared to go to get what they want.....
Old 24 May 2015, 09:32 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

All I can say
Is that I am really sorry to hear what has happened
As I know you were really into your car
Old 24 May 2015, 09:41 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Better having the keys in the kitchen than a baseball bat in the head!
Old 24 May 2015, 10:03 PM
Scooby Regular

Hope you get your scobie back what a horrible thing to happen
Scum bags hope they contract Ebola and die slowly!
Old 24 May 2015, 10:10 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dirty thieving W4nkers! I hope you get it back in one piece mate.
Old 24 May 2015, 10:32 PM
imprezagaz
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It's surprising how easy it is to get in. The locksmiths at work have shown me and have been in within seconds, it might be worth fitting some snap locks on the inside too.
Old 24 May 2015, 10:36 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imprezagaz
It's surprising how easy it is to get in. The locksmiths at work have shown me and have been in within seconds, it might be worth fitting some snap locks on the inside too.
Its like they say tho, if they want it, they will find a way to get it.
Sad world we live in.
Old 24 May 2015, 11:17 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by imprezagaz
Locksmith fitted both doors with the snap lock quality locks.

Originally Posted by scooby k
Its like they say tho, if they want it, they will find a way to get it.
Sad world we live in.
This is too true,you work your *** off and save for a good car,spend ages finiding the right one for you,one you want to keep for ever,look after it as well as you can,then within 30 seconds some tw*t takes it all away!
I know it's only a car but am devastated
Old 24 May 2015, 11:45 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

Wow , sorry for the pain involved , horrible scum
Old 25 May 2015, 09:38 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I know what your going through mate, Had my brand new Golf R stolen the same way 26 days after picking it up last month, My missus is still a bit funny about being left in the house by herself and we both constant looking out the windows and being paranoid about every car that drives up our street.

Hopefully you have no problems with insurance etc, as this is the biggest nightmare along with my finance company that im going through, just wish the police would find my car as Im sick of feeling like ive done something wrong for having my car stolen as these stupid insurance/finance companies have no compassion at all.
Old 25 May 2015, 09:54 PM
96sti
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to here this mate. Im down kent and am on the roads 24/7 so will keep my eyes peeled for you
Old 25 May 2015, 10:10 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

Law needs changing to Grand Theft Auto and if they rob you house to gain key its should be burglary and GTA, compounded and a min of 5 years. The house robbing to gain keys have not caught on up here in Scotland yet thankfully. It seem to be rife in Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds.
Old 25 May 2015, 10:19 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daviee
Law needs changing to Grand Theft Auto and if they rob you house to gain key its should be burglary and GTA, compounded and a min of 5 years. The house robbing to gain keys have not caught on up here in Scotland yet thankfully. It seem to be rife in Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds.
Quite common round here in Birmingham, except if you have a Focus RS then they just steal it without the key.
Old 25 May 2015, 10:54 PM
nivek4209
Scooby Regular

Sorry for your troubles
The only way I'd like to find that is wrapped around a pole with them ****** on fire in it
Cheeky *******s coming into your house
Old 25 May 2015, 11:48 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Sorry to read this mate,try to stay positive.I will keep a good look out on my travels.SJ.
Old 26 May 2015, 12:43 AM
Yellow R
Scooby Regular

Terrible news sorry to hear this bud, will keep eyes & ears open it's bound to pop up some where, all the best!
Old 26 May 2015, 09:19 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

We thank everyone for all the Kind words and support.

It's been 3 days now can i just say the forums and social media have been amazing,good people are keeping an eye out all over the country,fair play to Facebook the word has got out to a lot of people very quickly and has had a one member who did see the scooby on the morning of the burglary and theft.

The car has been spotted a few times by the police and a facebook member.
On Sunday morning it was seen driving from rodley roundabout in Leeds heading towards the Bramley area who said it flew past him at about 80mph on the wrong side of the road at around 5.45am,that's about 15 minutes after it was taken.
The police have spotted it screwing around in the Horsforth and cookridge areas on Monday morning at around 4am-6am and spotted on apperley bridge but said it's hard to catch. I know it's difficult for the police and with all the cutbacks don't seem to have as many scoobys,evos,fast volvos ect so not much chance of them keeping up with it. The police have been great tho so i have to say a big thanks to them,they were here within the hour after we called it in shortly followed by a crime scene officer and they have been keeping me updated.
we have been driving all over the areas and was out this morning at 5am to see if we could see anything,don't know what we would have done in ar kids zafira tho but i feel iv'e got to try something.We drove around Sunday and Monday afternoon to see if we can find it parked up,stashed away somewhere for them to go back to for another night of thrashing it around
Yesterday we saw an officer and a recovery truck in cookridge,they found a stolen Audi parked up and there is a gang around at the moment,there are 3 more they are looking for including mine and the girlfriends.
We are both still devastated and its hit us hard,just the thought of the criminals invading your house and only been a staircase away from where you sleep is just awful,scum of the earth these idiots. You would hope that these scumbags would get a long prison sentence or a good hiding for what they have done but in reality they will just walk away laughing,we hope the get what they deserve one day.

Rich
Old 26 May 2015, 10:30 AM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

an audi was taken last night just round the corner from me.. about 300 yards away from my house.. broke through a double glazed unit and went into the house during the night.. the woman and her young daughter were in the house and they even went into the womans bedroom with torches but she just lay there and pretended to be asleep.. they took the car keys and nothing else, money and laptops were available but they took the car only. audi a5 s line. im now on high alert I can tell you

OP I feel for you mate, at least theres a chance its just joy riders mate and its not being broken for parts, fingers crossed

Last edited by powerwrx; 26 May 2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 26 May 2015, 12:08 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerwrx
an audi was taken last night just round the corner from me.. about 300 yards away from my house.. broke through a double glazed unit and went into the house during the night.. the woman and her young daughter were in the house and they even went into the womans bedroom with torches but she just lay there and pretended to be asleep.. they took the car keys and nothing else, money and laptops were available but they took the car only. audi a5 s line. im now on high alert I can tell you

OP I feel for you mate, at least theres a chance its just joy riders mate and its not being broken for parts, fingers crossed
What year and model audi was it.

Last edited by scooby k; 26 May 2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 26 May 2015, 12:27 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby k
What year and model audi was it.
not sure on the year quite new though.. A5 S Line
Old 26 May 2015, 12:36 PM
scooby k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by powerwrx
not sure on the year quite new though.. A5 S Line
Thats quite worrying even standard cars are being stolen these days. You cant having nothing nice and law dont even help much if you wanted to arms yourself or the house with some protection.
Old 26 May 2015, 12:48 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

Makes me wonder if all the thefts lately . is for the intention of breaking them . Seems to be hot hatch and performance cars affected , not your average drive. Surely , if theyre nicked for "joy riding" , they would realise how hot their latest "haul" is ?
Old 26 May 2015, 12:50 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Guuted to seen such a clean classic get nicked, why can't they just nick the the messed up ugly ones.

Seems to be alot of cars stolen lately
Old 26 May 2015, 01:18 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Sorry to hear this. Gutted for you.

Last year we had the wifes car broken into in Leeds when we stayed over night. I did rather a lot of investigation work and found the various ebay accounts and info related to it's sale when it popped up 3 days later on ebay in Leeds. After some more work this was passed to the police along with an address at Moorside Maltings, Burton Row,Leeds,West Yorkshire,LS11 5NX. I left my investigation there with the Police and never saw the stereo again. The insurance finally coughed up the £5k to fix the car so I left the rest to the Police. Might be worth a scout in that area as the ebay seller had been selling on and using stollen cars too.

Good luck!
Old 26 May 2015, 01:48 PM
*matthewturb2000*
Scooby Regular

Just see this thread, gutted for you mate
Old 26 May 2015, 07:05 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

Certainly seems to be a massive spike in car thefts, and as previously said, they're likely to be broken for parts. I urge everyone to immobilise your cars as much as possible. I know its a pita to have to keep doing but it might slow them down enough to get caught or give up and leave. Fuses, ht leads, battery etc anything you can.
Old 26 May 2015, 07:58 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Raas that's terrible news mate, hope they hang the coonts, knew how much you loved your car.
Old 26 May 2015, 08:42 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Shocking news mate, all this hopefully helps us become more vigilant but doesn't help you any further.

I hope you and your family are able to get over it as quickly as possible.
Old 28 May 2015, 09:14 AM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

terrible news......

Quick Reply: White RA *STOLEN* P477CRN