ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Best budget Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2015, 07:29 AM
SAM-UK300
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barxy
What about HDI gauges? They look awesome and have a digital display too, and they dont seem ridiculously priced just quite difficult to get.
I've had mine for 1 year and can honestly say they are faultless. look stunning and seem spot on for accuracy. Come really nicely packaged with everything you could need for installation etc. great gauges. Oh and if you email them on ebay they will do you a deal on the 3 straight through paypal
Old 01 May 2015, 07:53 AM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SAM-UK300
I've had mine for 1 year and can honestly say they are faultless. look stunning and seem spot on for accuracy. Come really nicely packaged with everything you could need for installation etc. great gauges. Oh and if you email them on ebay they will do you a deal on the 3 straight through paypal
Im definatley buying these when i have some spare cash, they are by far the best looking ones around. Surprised theres not much about them on here.

Do they come with a universal fitting kit? As on ebay the boost gauge says mk6/7 golf only, i messaged them to make sure and they back up their statement.
I did find an english website selling them though, was about £260 for all three.
Old 01 May 2015, 07:56 AM
SAM-UK300
Scooby Regular

Don't get the one with the Golf fitting kit as I believe thqat reads from the OBDII port... There should be another one that comes with a boost sensor and t-piece etc
Old 01 May 2015, 08:11 AM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Okay great i will do, cant wait to get these, in my last scoob i had prosport gauges and they were okay but always looked and sounded a bit cheap, and were overly loud.
The HDI's look awesome.
Old 01 May 2015, 10:22 AM
Miztera
Scooby Regular

The hdi gauges need to be shipped from Oz?
Old 01 May 2015, 10:29 AM
SAM-UK300
Scooby Regular

My ones came from China I believe... seller on ebay called d2power
Old 01 May 2015, 02:56 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

I dont mind where they come from, but theres definatley an english website selling them, unless they drop ship from china or oz, but the postage is reasonable
Old 01 May 2015, 02:57 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SAM-UK300
My ones came from China I believe... seller on ebay called d2power
Do you have them in the centre of your dash?
What pod did you use and have you got any photos of then in all lit up??
Old 02 May 2015, 03:44 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Hi there

From personal experience,what fails on most gauges are sensors,some sensors are not up to job,like Fuel pressure which is not fit for purpose,when you are using methanol,most of sensors are not E85 friendly and they can and will fail.

I know we are tried few and we are went via few like on Honda or Subaru,on Subaru we are used Tim@JT Innovation AEM sensor which has failed after few months,but after Tim replaced for E85 friendly sensor we are never ever have any issue

On cheaper gauges you will get those cheap pressure sensors(oil and fuel pressure) which are rubbish,we are went via 4 of them on Honda as they don't like the meth at all.

And DeFi they're OK when everything is working,when sensors starting to fail,be prepare to spend on them,what usually fails on DeFi is wiring on pins which can result of frying the controller,which has happen to us and lastly,those sensors can be used with Syvecs or any other aftermarket ECU,we are used them on Syvecs without the issue

We are now have fitted M7 gauges which seems are OK,those gauges are very similar to DeFi sensors are pretty much like DeFi(3 wire sensor and not like on those cheap you will get 2 wire sensor)

We are have previously Shadow gauges which has been OK too,but really depends on budget etc

Torque Pro is good,but this doesn't display the oil pressure,oil temp etc,yes will display the boost

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura