Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

new car

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2015, 09:31 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happened here then? Did he realise he was having his pants pulled down and didn't complete the deal?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Imp...item4ae88269a1
Old 18 April 2015, 09:22 AM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

I'm surprised that this forum gets a lot of new members as the way that some of them get treated on here
Yes it may of been expensive but why do the normal folk feel they have to bitch and post such crap about things? Have you never bought something and found you could of bought it somewhere cheaper? Have you never made a mistake? Or have you never thought that's dear but it looks the dogs danglies, I got to have it?

Give the poor sod (and he might well be now) some room to post more. After all the posts about he's paid too much, I think the rest of us get the idea after the first couple of polite posts, but then the rest is not needed!

Nice clean looking car Adam, not my cup of tea, but if you're happy with it that is all that matters! to all the others lol

Enjoy it before you start spending more on it modding
Old 18 April 2015, 09:49 AM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EOEUMC
I'm surprised that this forum gets a lot of new members as the way that some of them get treated on here
Yes it may of been expensive but why do the normal folk feel they have to bitch and post such crap about things? Have you never bought something and found you could of bought it somewhere cheaper? Have you never made a mistake? Or have you never thought that's dear but it looks the dogs danglies, I got to have it?

Give the poor sod (and he might well be now) some room to post more. After all the posts about he's paid too much, I think the rest of us get the idea after the first couple of polite posts, but then the rest is not needed!

Nice clean looking car Adam, not my cup of tea, but if you're happy with it that is all that matters! to all the others lol

Yeh that's right everybody, sit back, say nothing and let "poor sods" pay more than twice what cars are actually worth, let them learn from their mistakes.

Last edited by jayallen; 18 April 2015 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Missing Smiley
Old 18 April 2015, 10:06 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you would let that dealer bend this poor lad over and shaft him royally for well over 8k when you can for less than 1k more, pick up a 4 year newer fsh STI with 44k on the clock?

Its his first Subaru, the last thing you want is to be paying well over the odds on a car that really only has a remap and a set of AP brakes, me, personally, would want the best car in my price range, this isnt it.

OP, keep on looking, I would go on pistonheads and look there or in the ads here, and considering you can get cars like this>> http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...--2006/3914601 in your price range, that wrx doesnt seem very good value for money.
Its a minefield out there buying a car, dont get ripped off by overpriced dealers and you may have to travel to get what you want.
Old 18 April 2015, 01:19 PM
Thedonmarko
Scooby Newbie

Default Welcome

Its very interesting to read the responses when someone introduces themselves to the group and the car they have bought. Rather than a welcome and its great to see you are keeping the mark on the road, what you get is a what car is it? and if it isn't a STI or RA then you have made the wrong choice paid to much etc etc etc.

I have a 2lt AWD wagon, so way down on the Subaru food chain, however I bought it as I wanted a car that was quick (and I know I could get a quicker one) one that stood out from the crowd a bit and put a smile on my face when driven. I may be in the minority here on the forum in so far as I am not particularly interested in making it go quicker or louder, but respect people who want to do this. However shouldn't the forum be focused on a shared interest about Subaru ownership and enjoying our cars what ever year, make, model, BHP, noise level.

I may be speaking out of turn but on the road we are a friendly bunch and always make time for a wave, nod or flash of the headlights why do we change when we get out of our cars and on the computers
Old 18 April 2015, 02:09 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Thedonmarko
Its very interesting to read the responses when someone introduces themselves to the group and the car they have bought. Rather than a welcome and its great to see you are keeping the mark on the road, what you get is a what car is it? and if it isn't a STI or RA then you have made the wrong choice paid to much etc etc etc.
There is quite a bit of difference between being friendly or being arrogant about which model you have, the fact is that I and quite a few others on here will happily say the STI is a better car, we will also say if the car is over priced and try to point that person in the right direction to find a much better value for money car rather than see them get ripped off on a car that is worth 4k tops.
This guy was getting ripped off and probably doesnt know much about the different models in the range, their pro's and con's, hopefully he has avoided making an expensive mistake and can no look for a much more suitable vehicle for his money

Tony
Old 18 April 2015, 04:10 PM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayallen
Yeh that's right everybody, sit back, say nothing and let "poor sods" pay more than twice what cars are actually worth, let them learn from their mistakes.
Read what I posted properly! I said one or two, not no one say anything.

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
So you would let that dealer bend this poor lad over and shaft him royally for well over 8k when you can for less than 1k more, pick up a 4 year newer fsh STI with 44k on the clock?

Its his first Subaru, the last thing you want is to be paying well over the odds on a car that really only has a remap and a set of AP brakes, me, personally, would want the best car in my price range, this isnt it.

OP, keep on looking, I would go on pistonheads and look there or in the ads here, and considering you can get cars like this>> http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...--2006/3914601 in your price range, that wrx doesnt seem very good value for money.
Its a minefield out there buying a car, dont get ripped off by overpriced dealers and you may have to travel to get what you want.
Another that seems not to be able to read properly!

He bought it on Saturday, not he's thinking of buying it blah blah blah.
If he hadn't already bought it then yes, the more people the merrier giving him good advice of what not to buy etc, but some people don't leave it at just good advice and start taking the p155 but all coming to the same point... What is the point?

I have a 2lt AWD wagon, so way down on the Subaru food chain, however I bought it as I wanted a car that was quick (and I know I could get a quicker one) one that stood out from the crowd a bit and put a smile on my face when driven. I may be in the minority here on the forum in so far as I am not particularly interested in making it go quicker or louder, but respect people who want to do this. However shouldn't the forum be focused on a shared interest about Subaru ownership and enjoying our cars what ever year, make, model, BHP, noise level.

I may be speaking out of turn but on the road we are a friendly bunch and always make time for a wave, nod or flash of the headlights why do we change when we get out of our cars and on the computers
My first was an AWD wagon which I got when I swapped a Saxo VTR for it. Good starting point and also helps with some insurance companies as its cheaper for starters and some ask if you have driven them before. I then swapped my AWD for a WRX.
Old 18 April 2015, 04:57 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Another that seems not to be able to read properly!

He bought it on Saturday
Well according to Pistonheads, Ebay and the dealers web site, its not sold (deposit taken on the dealer website) and if you would have sold it then you take it down from all 3 after a week....
Old 18 April 2015, 07:18 PM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Well according to Pistonheads, Ebay and the dealers web site, its not sold (deposit taken on the dealer website) and if you would have sold it then you take it down from all 3 after a week....
That is right, but we all know that its not always that simple and all I was doing was quoting what was said from the OP's first post
Old 18 April 2015, 10:53 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

To the OP (if you're still reading this thread), you were obviously really happy with the car when you bought it, so don't let anything you've read on here change that. It looks like a really clean car with mega low mileage, so hopefully it will prove to be a good one. Welcome to Impreza ownership!

Ps. Warning: Modifying is really addictive!
Old 18 April 2015, 11:03 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy
To the OP (if you're still reading this thread), you were obviously really happy with the car when you bought it, so don't let anything you've read on here change that. It looks like a really clean car with mega low mileage, so hopefully it will prove to be a good one. Welcome to Impreza ownership!

Ps. Warning: Modifying is really addictive!
Haven't you read the posts that state the cars is advertised for more than twice it is actually worth?
Old 18 April 2015, 11:20 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayallen
Haven't you read the posts that state the cars is advertised for more than twice it is actually worth?

Yes, I've read the whole thread. But the OP said he's already bought the car. Obviously I agree it was overpriced. But clearly he was happy with it, enough to join a Subaru forum and post pics of his new purchase. And I notice he hasn't made any more posts to the thread since the inflated price was highlighted to him. I was just trying to give him some words of encouragement. Sorry!
Old 18 April 2015, 11:24 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

If, in fact, he has only left a deposit, then I guess he can decide whether he wants to pay the balance, in light of what he has read on here.
Old 19 April 2015, 09:59 AM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

The fact the car has been re-advertised would suggest he didn't go through the sale and rightly so. Putting the comments about its price aside, there is no doubt that some of us members of Scoobynet have saved the "poor sod" about 5'grand and even more if he had finance it!
Old 19 April 2015, 01:07 PM
Superbracey
Scooby Regular

When I introduced myself on this forum a couple of months ago and showed everyone my new blobeye WRX I purposely didn't put the price I paid. I knew I could have bought a cheaper WRX and I also know I could have found a faster STI. And I knew for definite that certain people on here would have told me these facts time and again and the thread would have centred on my choice of model and the price I paid.

Instead, I showed my car, withheld the price and the comments were positive.

Hopefully the earlier comments helped the OP save a bit of money.

To the OP: if the car has been bought and paid for, enjoy it and look after it. It look like a nice one. If it hasn't been paid for, haggle on the price, enjoy it and look after it. Welcome to the Scoobynet!

Last edited by Superbracey; 19 April 2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old 19 April 2015, 01:38 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

Well said ,that man. Wholeheartedly agree with every word