ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

P1WOC

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2015, 10:44 AM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default P1WOC

Anyone know what has happened to the P1woc as it seems to have closed?.
Old 01 March 2015, 11:05 AM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope not a clue. Everybody had fallen out but was not aware it was closing
Old 01 March 2015, 11:49 AM
p1junkie
Scooby Regular

there had been several issues that had festered away under the surface and there has been a parting of the ways
there is a new forum p1oc.co.uk been set up
its in its infancy so get over onto there...its was unlikely the 2 forums could continue
Old 01 March 2015, 11:54 AM
snake1906
Scooby Regular

Just went on as well and it said it was closed? No warning! Strange
Old 01 March 2015, 02:53 PM
RFC
Scooby Newbie

I suppose owners/admin decided to call it a day.

I'd like to thank those that thought they were bigger than the forum. Hope you are happy for the rest of us losing our community.
Old 01 March 2015, 02:56 PM
p1junkie
Scooby Regular

well the new forum is up and running so take a visit the p1 club is not dead just reinvented as the case may be
Old 01 March 2015, 04:57 PM
P1_Bagz
Scooby Regular

seriously!!! just like that the entire forum is just shut down! no warnings or anything. there was so much information on there thats all lost now
Old 01 March 2015, 06:04 PM
carlito
Scooby Regular

I am totally gobsmacked!..how can they let this happen??..

Been a long term member over there since 2009 and the wealth of knowledge and wisdom regarding P1's and all Subaru's in general was has proved invaluable to me over my years of ownership.

The archived info from previous threads has always proved helpful with any queries I've had and I've also always tryed to make a useful contribution to helping other members out with any knowledge I have.

It's sad that after such a long time the community the spirit that has been built with all members has gone.

Worst thing is it 's a happened so suddenly and no notice was given at all on the shutdown?..

What a shame this is as and I feel pretty gutted to be honest as it really has been a great place to be and has been a big part of owning the car.
Old 01 March 2015, 06:05 PM
carlito
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RFC
I suppose owners/admin decided to call it a day.

I'd like to thank those that thought they were bigger than the forum. Hope you are happy for the rest of us losing our community.
Agree mate..it's gutting
Old 01 March 2015, 06:13 PM
snake1906
Scooby Regular

agree with you lads it is indeed a sad day,they could of gave us warning so we could of said our good byes i dont know about you lads but i only spoke through the woc wouldnt know where to start trying to find the members RIP p1woc and wish all members the best with there cars and lives
Old 01 March 2015, 06:20 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

I was refunded my sponsorship money yesterday without explanation.

Michael
Old 01 March 2015, 06:25 PM
snake1906
Scooby Regular

^^^ who were you fella? different user names?
Old 01 March 2015, 06:42 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a stupid cowardly thing to do. Someone's obviously had a hissy fit and acted like a 12 year old boy. All that information which that website held was priceless and helped a lot of people. Surely Subaru owners want to be showcasing their cars, keeping the spirit alive, etc etc, not shutting it down. I can't quite understand it. Hopefully the new forum will be OK and that they will do the decent thing and transfer all the useful threads over to the owner of the new forum.

Edit: 10 pager on the way...
Old 01 March 2015, 06:57 PM
TypeR99
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

triffic, no warning, nothing. 2 door forums are beneficial to me so i'll have to join the new one. Was p1woc run by Jason Catton by any chance? with any luck he'll have a spaz attack and close sioc
Old 01 March 2015, 07:01 PM
wrx_driver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TypeR99
triffic, no warning, nothing. 2 door forums are beneficial to me so i'll have to join the new one. Was p1woc run by Jason Catton by any chance? with any luck he'll have a spaz attack and close sioc
I logged on to P1WOC this morning to see the closed sign Theres plenty of JDM 2 door stuff on type-ra.com though bud
Old 01 March 2015, 07:03 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Think it's disgusting that they haven't emailed the members to explain this course of action... I've been a member of the P1WOC since it started so to get no notification at all just goes to show how much the forum owner thought about the members.

Oh well, the P1OC has been born now and it will have all the knowledge and banter that made the WOC so good...
Old 01 March 2015, 07:18 PM
snake1906
Scooby Regular

are you a member on there bud? ^^
Old 01 March 2015, 07:55 PM
bigtel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RFC
I'm not sure how a few members leaving a forum, that they were not happy with the running of, being to blame for it shutting?
Old 01 March 2015, 08:14 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

Originally Posted by snake1906
^^^ who were you fella? different user names?
The Polishing Booth the largest walk in detailing shop in the North West. Fact

Michael
Old 01 March 2015, 08:35 PM
p1_cjv
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyp1
Think it's disgusting that they haven't emailed the members to explain this course of action... I've been a member of the P1WOC since it started so to get no notification at all just goes to show how much the forum owner thought about the members.

Oh well, the P1OC has been born now and it will have all the knowledge and banter that made the WOC so good...
Agreed,whoever hit the off button needs to take a long hard look at themselves,totally understand if the owner wanted to pull the plug but not to give members some warning is unprofessional,not only have we lost a decade of info,i had a lot of contacts,names,addresses etc,and history of my car info saved on my pm system!
Not a happy bunny!
Old 01 March 2015, 09:33 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Shame
Old 01 March 2015, 09:36 PM
Ste RB5138
Scooby Regular

Its a sad day if the site has closed, there are so many good threads on there. It was the first car owners forum I joined back in Aug 2006 after seeing a P1 for sale on a forecourt, I spent many a hour on that forum even though I never got a P1 and went for a RB5 in the end.
Old 01 March 2015, 10:32 PM
scoobyp1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by snake1906
are you a member on there bud? ^^
Yeah i've joined up Steve....
Old 01 March 2015, 11:42 PM
P1_Bagz
Scooby Regular

maybe whoever turned it off will see this thread and the love for the p1woc and turn it back on. anyone know who to contact about getting it turned back on again?
Old 02 March 2015, 05:56 AM
Scrappy9
Scooby Regular

Such a shame, was a really good site.
Old 02 March 2015, 08:08 AM
allsop83
Scooby Regular

I can't believe they have just closed it like that....I went on to respond to a lad about some speakers I found for him......and it is gone! No idea how to get in touch!

Stu- they are the right ones, yours for postage if you see this...just drop me a PM.

Hopefully they re-open the forum, so much great information held on there! Had been a member since 2004 and can't believe they didn't give us any warning.
Old 02 March 2015, 08:58 AM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

very strange situation, was just about to re-new our long standing sponsorship of the forum...............

not totally aware of the issues apart from certain members had left, not sure what else has gone on??
Old 02 March 2015, 11:01 AM
Crowman
Scooby Regular

Hi all
Thought I should put a little bit of info on here .
It's a very long story and many things have gone on over a year or so which resulted in a number of people parting company with the WOC .
Please trust me when I say some very long standing well respected members of the WOC tried very hard to give the advice to the WOC owners to get the site back on track , it unfortunately fell on deaf ears .

The closing of the WOC is crazy and very unprofessional in how it's been done , we all honestly hope someone can resurrect the site and maybe take over , although the offer to buy the site has been turned down in the recent past.

Without going into details a group of us decided to set up a new forum , this has been set up purely to keep a group of friends and P1 owners together and give us all somewhere to chat about our cars etc .
The new site was never set up in competition ! Our new site is not a replacement for the WOC !

I personally posted on WOC to let them know that our new site is just another P1 owners club and not in completion what's so ever , and we are sure both sites can run in harmony with each other . Unfortunately my post got removed very quickly :-(

Although many people are posting how shocked they area, those long term members of the WOC that have left over the last year are not shocked .

If those that own the WOC read this , then I urge you to reconsider , even if it's only to have the site as a read only and the valued members can then retrieve there information .

P.s
Although I look new to scoobynet , I joined when I brought my first scoob a WRX VLTD back in around 2001 , was Waggydoo then but lost password and couldn't retrieve it , so signed up again .
Old 02 March 2015, 11:37 AM
Jazz
Scooby Regular

Shame to see it go and out of the blue. Been there since the beginning and there was a wealth of information on the site.
Old 02 March 2015, 12:58 PM
ScoobP1
Scooby Regular

Logged on yesterday to find it had closed down and can echo the shock of everyone. Not good and smells of toy out of prams to me!

I've just joined the P1OC after seeing the address at the top of the page on this thread. Didn't realise it was up and running yet.

Quick Reply: P1WOC