ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Has anybody read??

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2014, 11:41 PM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody read??

The marketing for the new impreza on subarus website.

http://subaru.co.uk/vehicles/impreza...Web%20Redirect

Discover the joy of knowing the Impreza watches out for your needs to keep up with your life

Impreza does more—and does it more comfortably—than you ever expected. And the Impreza does so without using up more than its share of space outside.

What aload of nonsence who writes this crap?

Whats even more funny is there bragging about 60/40 rear split seats and cup holders and a "drivers footrest"
Old 22 December 2014, 02:51 PM
MatBat
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Especially love the typo's!

BREAK AWAY ENGINE "Every Subaru goes above and beyond common practice when it comes to your safety. In the event of a head-on collision, your Impreza’s SUBARU BOXER engine and gearbox are designed to absorb the impact and brea away from the cabin for your protection."
Old 22 December 2014, 03:13 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Its actually a well written piece using the power of words to describe something physical but also that 'something' that cannot be seen. You know that feeling of being in your Impreza, it feels different than most other cars right? Summarise that into words, because on a press release or information pamphlet, you only have words and pictures.

I don't believe there is any 'bragging' about cupholders, merely pointing them out while invoking them into the journey that is the 'experience' of the new Subaru.

I can only imagine you don't read too many books? Thats ok not everyone does, but might be worth picking one up from time to time.

What typo's?
Old 22 December 2014, 04:33 PM
MatBat
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Trinity

What typo's?
Just this section: designed to absorb the impact and brea away from the cabin

Picky I know but you'd expect attention to detail from a multinational like Subaru.
Old 22 December 2014, 05:12 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MatBat
Just this section: designed to absorb the impact and brea away from the cabin

Picky I know but you'd expect attention to detail from a multinational like Subaru.
Its more likely the web develops fault and the editor hasn't spotted it yet
Old 22 December 2014, 05:15 PM
tomk86
Scooby Regular

call me slow lol but isn't this the last time the UK will get an Impreza without importing? Sure I heard something about somewhere......

either way, classic all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 22 December 2014, 05:26 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

Just my opinion ,but i think after the hawkeye, bugeye and the blobeye , the cars lost some of their character. But i suppose thats progress
Old 22 December 2014, 05:52 PM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

Its actually a well written piece using the power of words to describe something physical but also that 'something' that cannot be seen. You know that feeling of being in your Impreza, it feels different than most other cars right? Summarise that into words, because on a press release or information pamphlet, you only have words and pictures.

I don't believe there is any 'bragging' about cupholders, merely pointing them out while invoking them into the journey that is the 'experience' of the new Subaru.

I can only imagine you don't read too many books? Thats ok not everyone does, but might be worth picking one up from time to time.

What typo's?
Look at the pictures they have! One pic from one angle. I wanted to see what it looks like from the back and i cant!
Ok a few metaphors here and there would be fine but im sorry that is not well writen or profesional. Just long winded.

You dont need to big up your product in every paragraph. Give the facts and a summary and let the customers decide.
Old 22 December 2014, 06:01 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

best bit i thought was 5 yers warrenty 'excluding sti' lol
Old 23 December 2014, 07:10 AM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by south_scoob
Look at the pictures they have! One pic from one angle. I wanted to see what it looks like from the back and i cant!
Ok a few metaphors here and there would be fine but im sorry that is not well writen or profesional. Just long winded.

You dont need to big up your product in every paragraph. Give the facts and a summary and let the customers decide.
I am not sure taking a pitch to the MD with 'let the customer decide' would win any votes , they are battling for a piece of a market already heavily controlled by the Germans. What you describe is a different concept,which may be right for top spec Audi's but its a different angle of attack, and I wouldnt say that was the right one for an Impreza simply because its just not that special to an everyday person, so it's plus points need to be pointed out.

New car customers, the majority buying a standard vehicle are blinded by so much on offer, they want certain things, and thats what the writer has pointed out in an evocative manner.

But it should say, warranty excluding our chocolate engine. I think that would be very fair.
Old 23 December 2014, 11:22 AM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

I am not sure taking a pitch to the MD with 'let the customer decide' would win any votes , they are battling for a piece of a market already heavily controlled by the Germans. What you describe is a different concept,which may be right for top spec Audi's but its a different angle of attack, and I wouldnt say that was the right one for an Impreza simply because its just not that special to an everyday person, so it's plus points need to be pointed out.

New car customers, the majority buying a standard vehicle are blinded by so much on offer, they want certain things, and thats what the writer has pointed out in an evocative manner.

But it should say, warranty excluding our chocolate engine. I think that would be very fair.

I supose everyones differnt. I compare the impreza artical to a pushey salesman at my door! It makes me think.. Is it that bad they have to try and make it look as good as possiable at every opertunity.

Oh and i think i know now why they diddnt want to show the back of the car.. Incase ford try and sue them for copyright, making a car thats identical to the focus
Old 23 December 2014, 11:42 AM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

Also i havent driven it but i fear that specialness you speek about you feel sitting in your impreza is long gone. The used to have somthing special. And i can see Why they diluted the car but i think they did it in the wrong way. Its gone from a fast icon to what looks like a overpriced underspecd minicab.
If i was them i would have created a lighter car with a smaller turbocharged engine to keep the image alive. But what do i know