Notices
Projects For Serious DIY Car Projects

UK Terzo Project

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2015, 01:33 PM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sod it Let the criticism commence. Not really looking forward to it but hey, not doing this for anyone else, and I love a challenge.

I know it doesn't look much but it's mine and my dad's first attempt at plastic welding/body work. A lot more to do but feeling confident and excited..
Old 03 March 2015, 01:40 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Shame, that facelift classic bumper and Version 6 splitter looked really good on your car, Its nice to be different, but newage bumper should really stay on a newage, looks wrong!!!
Old 03 March 2015, 01:49 PM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Still have the bumper with P1 splitter. That's not going anywhere. Actually have 4 bumpers for the car ☺
Old 03 March 2015, 02:46 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tyler 1
Still have the bumper with P1 splitter. That's not going anywhere. Actually have 4 bumpers for the car ☺
Looks really nice with that front end!!
Old 09 March 2015, 01:04 AM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Right spent the whole day on the bumper today, Jeeze there is a lot that needs to be done.. any way here's a few pictures. It's getting here there is so much reshaping that needed to be done so heating up all parts of the bumper all along the top and sides.

Old 13 April 2015, 11:04 PM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Time for a little update, have spent a hell of a lot recently. Simtek has been sent off for firmware upgrade as well as have ordered the cable and software for the Time for a little update, have spent a hell of a lot recently. Simtek has been sent off for firmware upgrade as well as have ordered the cable and software for the ecu.

Parts I have recently brought are
hrc fuel pump
Millers 10w 50 oil
7b ngk spark plugs
Oil filter
GM 3 bar map sensor
Rota wheels
ANNNNND a sc46 billet turbo.

so far I have managed to change the oil, replace filter and plugs and fitted turbo.. few pictures

have had to remove my long studs to fit shorter studs as don't need wheel spacer any more at the front.
Have also ordered a compression tester so I can do a health check.

Last edited by Tyler 1; 13 April 2015 at 11:06 PM.
Old 20 April 2015, 09:33 AM
AWG
Scooby Regular

I remember seeing an O2C Blob front bumper on a classic and thinking it looked pretty damn good. Thought it brought the front end up to date. Hopefully once fitted you'll be happy with it.

Good to try new things
Old 20 April 2015, 12:32 PM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AWG
I remember seeing an O2C Blob front bumper on a classic and thinking it looked pretty damn good. Thought it brought the front end up to date. Hopefully once fitted you'll be happy with it.

Good to try new things

Cheers bud, haven't been working on the bumper for quite some time as been sorting out other bits, at the moment don't want to go any further until I figure out what I am doing with the indercators

So will put the classic bumper back on to take it to get mapped
Old 20 April 2015, 11:33 PM
zippy!
Scooby Regular

Absolutely fantastic thread and well done for getting stuck in but please for the love of god dont spoil it get rid of the version 8 bumper! Each to their own and all that but stevie wonder could see it looks all wrong lol ill buy fog covers off you when you see sense and get rid
Old 21 April 2015, 04:30 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Hi mate,it's coming along well,i'm Glad your still at it Tyler.SJ.
Old 21 April 2015, 04:25 PM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zippy!
Absolutely fantastic thread and well done for getting stuck in but please for the love of god dont spoil it get rid of the version 8 bumper! Each to their own and all that but stevie wonder could see it looks all wrong lol ill buy fog covers off you when you see sense and get rid
Hahaha cheers bud. I still have both pre face lift and face lift bumpers so can chop and change. Just wanted to be a little different.. I know loads of people hate it but I quite like it..

Originally Posted by stonejedi
Hi mate,it's coming along well,i'm Glad your still at it Tyler.SJ.
Cheers SJ. It's been a slow process fitting around work and 2 kids. Hoping to get mapped soon ish, but really want someone to spend some time when mapping. I know Duncan etc are good mappers I am not knocking but want someone to spend time ironing out the creases... so me and a mate are hoping to rent out a set of rollers and try and approach a mapper.

How's your beast coming along

Last edited by Tyler 1; 21 April 2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 21 April 2015, 05:30 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Tyler 1

How's your beast coming along
If you get my drift mate.I will pm you or whatsapp as it is to indepth to get into on here.Your cars looking good mateI agrree with you about getting some quality mapping done,from a mapper that can spend time doing it,i think you will get better results from a rolling road map in conjunction with a real time street session to iron out the kinks.That turbo that you newly purchased is quality and should make some superb numbers once mapped properly.SJ.
Old 23 April 2015, 10:25 PM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
If you get my drift mate.I will pm you or whatsapp as it is to indepth to get into on here.Your cars looking good mateI agrree with you about getting some quality mapping done,from a mapper that can spend time doing it,i think you will get better results from a rolling road map in conjunction with a real time street session to iron out the kinks.That turbo that you newly purchased is quality and should make some superb numbers once mapped properly.SJ.
Ow really.. hold on whilst I remove my foot from my mouth.... you still got the same number? Hooe it's nothing major mate..

Yeah really want to have a good session on the rollers and hopefully make good figures.. or even for it to just drive smoothly with a little kick. At the moment finding issues finding someone who will fit my tyres on my Rotas as they need to be stretched a little. Nothing major. Then I can out the car back on the floor. Will fit my hrc pump this Sunday and bead 4 joints on my intercooler pipes and give the car a once over then fingers crossed good to go.
Old 25 April 2015, 10:30 PM
User 21721
Scooby Regular

Looking ace mate, definitely looking forward to seeing the bumper finished.

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.
Old 27 April 2015, 04:57 PM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Right well Sunday managed to fit my hrc 310lph fuel pump. So removed the walbro 255.

Started to tidy up the wires and was going to clean up the map sensor bracket and the damn bolt snapped so will have to drill that out at some point, was trying to figure out where to put the 3 bar map sensor.
Originally Posted by Subaru Collector 555
Looking ace mate, definitely looking forward to seeing the bumper finished.

Regards,

Subaru Collector 555.
Cheers bud. I am looking forward to seeing it done myself. Just hope i manage to finish it off half decent