ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Sigma Alarm System Pin Code Change Head Up (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/903446-sigma-alarm-system-pin-code-change-head-up.html)

SmileyScooby 29 August 2011 10:29 PM

Sigma Alarm System Pin Code Change Head Up

Just thought I would let you all in on the information you NEED if you want to change your pin code for your Sigma Alarm system...
....lost my pin and one of my fobs stopped working so, was getting worried that I only have one fob and if that got lost, I would be stuffed!!:freak3:

So, went to Subaru Dealer and they couldnt find the code on their database or from the factory and said that it was possible for them to change it for me aslong as I had a working fob...cool.....BUT...I will have to pay about £40 for 30mins labour:cry:
Cash flow a bit tight at the moment...

Well, after searching and reading lotsa threads from many forums, I found this little nugget.......and it works cos I now have a new pin code..so, heres the golden nugget:

Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can re-set the 4-digit PIN to one of your own choosing yourself, using the keypad, at any time.

If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

B. Using the current PIN Code (if a working Radio Key is not available):
- Arm and then Disarm the system using the current PIN
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- **abcd*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where abcd is your current PIN code and wxyz your new PIN code)
- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using the new PIN code

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.
- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

The programming codes just go on and on, so not really suitable to post. What are you wanting to turn on or adjust?

So, it took less than 1 minute to do and now it works....I armed the alarm and then opened the door with the key and set the alarm off then disarmed it with my new pin-code....:thumb:

So, to save yourself £40 or more, don't keep the original pin-code...change it to something that you will always remember....SORTED!!:norty:

wrx fifer 30 August 2011 12:15 AM

great bit of info buddy

GarethE 30 August 2011 12:31 AM

Cheers for posting that - I've lost the original 4 digit code, so have been relying on the radio fobs. I'll reset the code tomorrow using your option A just in case I have probs with the fobs.

Mucho appreciated :)

Gareth

wr pete 30 August 2011 01:22 AM

Great post, cheers for sharing info I'll be changing mine tomorrow.

haroldhettaturbo 30 August 2011 03:27 AM

Cheers for that .

SmileyScooby 30 August 2011 01:37 PM

No worries guys:thumb:Was so chuffed that it worked...I had to share the knowledge..LOL:luxhello:

By the way...the keypad is a bit finiky for man fingers...so, I used the little rubber tipped pen that comes with a sat nav or psp or some phones...worked a treat:norty:

I am gonna try and reprogram my broken fob later...:freak3:

Tomwrx 30 August 2011 02:38 PM

here the link to the original info plus other things you can with the sigma alarm.

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.p...HiddenFeatures

stevostyles 10 May 2012 10:02 PM

ive just done it and it works your boss pal:thumb: was in same situation 1 fob and worring, iam so pleased you posted it because youve saved me cash too:thumb:

ado 16 June 2012 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by SmileyScooby (Post 10210454)
Just thought I would let you all in on the information you NEED if you want to change your pin code for your Sigma Alarm system...
....lost my pin and one of my fobs stopped working so, was getting worried that I only have one fob and if that got lost, I would be stuffed!!:freak3:

So, went to Subaru Dealer and they couldnt find the code on their database or from the factory and said that it was possible for them to change it for me aslong as I had a working fob...cool.....BUT...I will have to pay about £40 for 30mins labour:cry:
Cash flow a bit tight at the moment...

Well, after searching and reading lotsa threads from many forums, I found this little nugget.......and it works cos I now have a new pin code..so, heres the golden nugget:

Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can re-set the 4-digit PIN to one of your own choosing yourself, using the keypad, at any time.

If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

B. Using the current PIN Code (if a working Radio Key is not available):
- Arm and then Disarm the system using the current PIN
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- **abcd*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where abcd is your current PIN code and wxyz your new PIN code)
- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using the new PIN code

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.
- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

The programming codes just go on and on, so not really suitable to post. What are you wanting to turn on or adjust?

So, it took less than 1 minute to do and now it works....I armed the alarm and then opened the door with the key and set the alarm off then disarmed it with my new pin-code....:thumb:

So, to save yourself £40 or more, don't keep the original pin-code...change it to something that you will always remember....SORTED!!:norty:

Does this work on the alarm on MY03 WRX STI?
Cheers Ade

davedipster 17 June 2012 12:03 PM

Yep

tonka2 18 June 2012 03:01 PM

Do you have to enter the stars as well as...

ado 18 June 2012 08:26 PM

good question

peter zippy reid 18 June 2012 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by tonka2 (Post 10671326)

+2

paul&bec 18 June 2012 08:38 PM

i had this a few weeks ago . . only i had no pin and no workin fob :( . . had to pay £50 for someone to remove the sigma

Aaron1978 18 June 2012 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by tonka2 (Post 10671326)

yes:thumb:

a5h 19 June 2012 09:43 AM

Nice bit of info cheers mate

joz8968 19 June 2012 11:28 AM

Sticky?

urban 19 June 2012 11:45 AM

I already knew about this, but it is great info
It doesn't seem to work on the new 08+ cars however

ado 19 June 2012 11:07 PM

Worked on mine a treat, new pin code sorted, thanks

If I replace my alarm ecu,( factory standard, like for like) how do I go about reprogramming my old keys to replacement ecu?

Cheers

toneh 19 June 2012 11:45 PM

I'm not gonna post it here , but , me and a mate with bugs have discovered , our sigmas are next to useless if your a tea leaf armed with this info and pick the right car
Sigma suck !

ado 20 June 2012 11:04 AM

But surely any 1 with the correct info and no how on any alarm can make short work of cracking it if wanted to.
ie, installer

toneh 20 June 2012 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by ado (Post 10673840)
But surely any 1 with the correct info and no how on any alarm can make short work of cracking it if wanted to.
ie, installer

Believe me mate it don't take no cracking and you not got to be an installer
Like I said all you need is this info about pin change and select the right car

pra77y 31 August 2012 02:09 AM

Sigma S32

Hi,
Ive got a 2010 STI Spec R - does anyone know where i can get the access codes for the extra features? all i can find on the net is about M30 and maybe an S12 if thats what its called?

Subaru are absolutely no help - even if i want them to do they are useless..

Bean1984 31 August 2012 02:34 AM

Great info there bud

Done me a big favout

pra77y 31 August 2012 02:44 AM

what do you mean?

GC8 31 August 2012 02:59 AM

Rather obviously, I think; he was talking to the OP, not to you.

This board needs Sigma Sam back, but the webclown banned him leaving Sigma uses high and dry, as he prepared to fleece Internet Brands.

pra77y 31 August 2012 03:16 AM

oh right - whoops.
this is so frustrating! how come no one can seem to find the user manual for the sigma s32!? SOMEONE must have bought one or work for sigma or something that has the relevant documents. I mean where did the M30 come from?

I cant believe how useless subaru are. when i bought the car brand new from them they didnt even tell me there was a keypad. they couldnt even tell me how to use the DCCD diff settings either. Then when i mentioned that i had FOUND a keypad and how to activate it - they told me over the phone that it would cost $30 and i would have to book it in.... pffft

So i got my car serviced the other day, and just told him to turn it on for me. He did - then went through about 3 days of trying to get in contact with him about how to change the pin. then he comes back and says he's got the user manual (which i don't have) so he photo copied it. i Said could you email it to me and he was like 'oh nar thats too hard i have to go and find a scanner downstairs etc, ill just leave it with one of the guys and you can come and pick it up'. So he did, and I did.

needless to say there was nothing in there about the codes or anything - tried calling them back and he's never available. F*ing useless pricks!

So now im scouring the net for s32 User manual/Hidden features... seems there's nothing. Could randomly try M30 sequences but dont really feel like 'bricking' my car and being stuck... then i'll have to deal with subaru!

GC8 31 August 2012 03:55 AM

I have a manual, but Ive just checked and its for a Sigma M series alarm. Try Googling "Sigma Sam" on British forums. He works for Sigma and has provided help to many users. I believe that he joined the SIDC site after de Plank banned him (after trying to extort money), so that could be the place to start.

Simon

GC8 31 August 2012 04:05 AM

Unfortunately Sigma Sam stopped working for Sigma in 2010 and has now stopped answering Sigma alarm queries.

From his last technical post on SIDC: "For advice on your Sigma alarm systems please contact the technical help desk at Scorpion Automotive on 01257 249928 or visit www.scorpionauto.com for other contact details"

This is the technical section thread, which may contain the answers that you need. If not then searching the British SUbaru forums using his name will probably find your problem discussed.

http://forums.sidc.co.uk/topic/96215.../page__st__660

Simon

albob 31 August 2012 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by pra77y (Post 10771003)
Hi,
Ive got a 2010 STI Spec R - does anyone know where i can get the access codes for the extra features? all i can find on the net is about M30 and maybe an S12 if thats what its called?

Subaru are absolutely no help - even if i want them to do they are useless..

found this on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/subaru-imp...item2ec1559992

i have no idea if its of any use to u, but might be worth an email to the seller !!!

alan