ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Battlestar Galactica is.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/755310-battlestar-galactica-is.html)

Miniman 26 March 2009 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 8599771)
they did leave it widely open though for another programme to be made, you actually didn't see the Cylon base actually being completely destroyed and they gave the Centurians the base ship to do whatever they wanted.

Yes the Colony was destroyed, further answers and confirmation on the base being destroyed here

Battlestar Galactica: Watched The Finale? Still Got Questions? We’ve Got Answers! | Science Not Fiction | Discover Magazine

However there was no Basestar's seen at the colony and in earlier battles there were sometimes many, where were these? No doubt there are other new Cylon's out there, somewhere, still wanting to destroy humanity.

ScoobyJawa 26 March 2009 04:19 PM

Galactica was the most Frakkin' awesome show I think I've ever watched - brilliant TV :)

Torquemada 26 March 2009 04:26 PM

Where were the super-powered cub-scouts and the flying motorbikes!!!!!!?!?? :lol1::lol1:

Yeah, it was alright, bit of a lazy ending but it was entertaining enough for me, as a fan. I can't see how they will be able to keep their hands off it though and just leave it there, it's been left pretty open.

I was hoping to see at least one episode with a space disco and giant ant-people though!! :lol1:

ScoobyDriverWannabe 26 March 2009 04:28 PM

There was also a show called "the last frakkin special"

Look behind the scenes kind of thing.

scooby L 26 March 2009 04:36 PM

Great ending :thumb::thumb:

One hour of fast action frackin shot'em up

and one of WTF's going on...:D

Seeing Galen snap Tory's neck...Priceless!! The bitch had it coming...

I also noticed that some of the Cylons had the Old series Head Gear...interesting.

Pity it's finished.... what now!!!?

Stargate Altantis [tick]
Stargate SG1 [tick]
Battlestar Glactica [tick]
Voyager [tick]
Star Trek TNG [tick]
Star Trek OS [tick]
Deep Space Nine [tick]

Jamz3k 26 March 2009 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by scooby L (Post 8602798)
Pity it's finished.... what now!!!?

Stargate Altantis [tick]
Stargate SG1 [tick]
Battlestar Glactica [tick]
Voyager [tick]
Star Trek TNG [tick]
Star Trek OS [tick]
Deep Space Nine [tick]

Now remember whilst reading what i am about to write, that i am a very huge StarTrek fan but...
Putting Battlestar in a list with Stargate and StarTrek is INSULTING as its ten million times better:lol1:

I'm on the same boat though, not a sausage to look forward to watching now. I may even have to try 24 or Lost ffs.

EddScott 26 March 2009 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by scooby L (Post 8602798)

One hour of fast action frackin shot'em up

and one of WTF's going on...:D

It was a bit like that wasn't it. There were alot of loose ends to clean up and I think most were explained and those that weren't were deliberately left for the audience to make up their own mind (What was Starbuck MKII?) what really were the Gaius and No6 all about? "You know it doesn't like to be called that (God)" eh!?

I'm sure there will be a mega bluray all episode pack.

andrewdelvard 22 April 2009 01:55 PM

Sorry to bring this Topic back up but I know no one else (hard lines for them) who watched this series! I watched the final episode last night.
Still kind of lost for words but it was without a shadow of a doubt the finest tv series I've ever watched and arguably the finest sci fi series/film ever made.

Jamz3k 22 April 2009 07:22 PM

totally agree, its a shame that so many people wont have watched it due to it being "sci-fi"

Markus 22 April 2009 08:08 PM

Pretty sure the Caprica DVD is out in the next week or so. It depicts how and why the Cylons were created.

LostUser 22 April 2009 08:31 PM

Well, on the basis of this thread I'm going to watch Battlestar Galactica from the start. I tried watching episode 1 and it said previously on "Battlestar Galactica" so I assumed I'd missed something.

Just discovered the 3 hour miniseries I need to watch first.

From most people's comments I assume I'm in for a treat.

The last tv show I watched from start to finish was Jericho. Anyone seen it? I loved it and was gutted when it ended after 2 seasons.

Miniman 23 April 2009 10:11 AM

Jericho was good. I was disappointed when they didn't carry on after the first season, it was cancelled and the fans demanded it back. But I think they then managed to end it in one series as spite against the fans. I'm sure they could have gotten a few more series out of that scenario.

Caprica is ok - has a very good moral story/question in it with added Sci-fi. Not sure if this was really a pilot - again it seemed that the writers are hedging their bets, it stands alone as a one off, just in case the network decide not to proceed with the rest of the series. It's more of a film in this sense. Also not sure it fits into the BSG world as the technology is quite advanced (and BSG is meant to be 58 years later).

LostUser 23 April 2009 11:35 AM

Actually they did do a second series of Jericho. It was only 8 episodes long I believe but it did have a more definite ending than Series 1