ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What is Donner Meat (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/694182-what-is-donner-meat.html)

StickyMicky 15 June 2008 07:02 PM

What is Donner Meat

Just ate one, tasted fine, looked sketchy:Suspiciou

usually get some kind of shish kebab and leave the donner stuff alone but lost all my pound coins under the scoobs seat and could not be arsed to fish them all out :lol1:

J4CKO 15 June 2008 07:04 PM

I heard its made from the ropey bits off dead tramps, the bits they dont put in Spam.

Chicken kebab is where its at.

scoobynutta555 15 June 2008 07:04 PM

Dunno the exact ingredients but I imagine they're not the best cuts of 'meat'. Most of it will be fat.

StickyMicky 15 June 2008 07:05 PM

cant eat chicken, it makes me get stomach cramps :(

corradoboy 15 June 2008 07:05 PM

Döner kebab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

StickyMicky 15 June 2008 07:06 PM

nobody seams to know exactly whats in them, google brings up nothing, somebody on SN must make them or sell them (and if so, would you eat them lol)

J4CKO 15 June 2008 07:07 PM

Put it this way, I made sure our dog was cremated when she was put down....

Abdabz 15 June 2008 07:14 PM

It's made from the morals of politicians... :eek:

GOLDMAN 555 15 June 2008 07:17 PM

I heard it was cow ring peice

myblackwrx 15 June 2008 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Abdabz (Post 7942084)
It's made from the morals of politicians... :eek:

nope as politicians have no morals you're not going to get a kebab are you just the salad :lol1:

zip106 15 June 2008 07:36 PM

Looks like the lower part of an elephants leg when it's on the spit....

+Doc+ 15 June 2008 07:54 PM

There was a 'nice' programme on C4 the other month one of those arty farty snippet films. It showed the process of how the meat ends up on the shish, didn't look too bad, just the crappy bits of cuts that can't be sold over the counter with a few brains and tongue to boot.

DYK 15 June 2008 08:04 PM

we are talking about kebab as in Donner kebab,i thought it was from lamb.

C17RPA 15 June 2008 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 7942062)
cant eat chicken, it makes me get stomach cramps :(

i'd reather have the chicken out the 2 of them :eek: :eek: :eek:

DCI Gene Hunt 15 June 2008 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 7942177)
we are talking about kebab as in Donner kebab,i thought it was from lamb.

It's a form of lamb... just as a lambs poop chute is also a form of lamb :o

Andy Tang 15 June 2008 08:06 PM

When my cousin use to run a fish and chip/kebab place, the "elephant legs" were bought in on the big skewers.

They are made up of lamb/mutton, soya and flavourings. Although there is "meat" in the ingredients, it will be the bits that supermarkets don't sell!!!

johnnyroper 15 June 2008 08:07 PM

made from the left over crap they sweep off the slaughter house floor and is held in shape by lots of fat.

then it spends the next week heating up and cooling down while spinning on a spike down the local kebab house

kingofturds 15 June 2008 08:12 PM

Most Donner meat in this country is the trim off the legs and shoulders of lamb. I would use the term meat loosely as it is mostly fat:lol1: but rendered into one of those spits it tastes awesome after 8 pints.

Some of your more upmarket kebab shops use lamb breast however:)

ditchmyster 15 June 2008 08:12 PM

same as sausages only from sheep, ears and arseholes, and any other bit of scrap that fell on the floor and they could'nt sell, plus fat and rusk, a load of garlic and spices to hide the rotten smell:lol1:

DYK 15 June 2008 08:14 PM

yea but suasage is just as bad really,as it comes from every part of the PIG oink oink..did anyone used to watch that program on Bravo,forgot what it's called..But the guy in it used to travel round the world and had certain challenges to do,the things he use to have to eat,like cows testicles and spiders..think it was called travel sick or something..

GarethE 15 June 2008 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 7942069)
nobody seams to know exactly whats in them, google brings up nothing

Unlike me - I bring up everything after eating one :(

sparkykev 15 June 2008 09:04 PM

I get called in to do the odd job at an abattoir, and a guy showed me this furry looking ****e sack, he said guess what they use these for? I guessed at mittens for eskimos, but he said nope, they put them on a spike, add some flavourings etc, press them, cook them, and you eat them after a few beers on a friday night.
I've stuck to chicken ones ever since.

TopBanana 15 June 2008 09:08 PM

Minced donkey nuts

dpb 15 June 2008 09:10 PM

Its al the stuff donated - ie nobody wants in their right mind :D

DYK 15 June 2008 09:13 PM

ive eaten worse,and like i say to the GF when i wee in an empty beer bottle,because i cant be bothered to go down stairs to the bathroom..IF you were stuck in the desert you would drink that bottle of p1ss...

kingofturds 15 June 2008 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by sparkykev (Post 7942314)
I get called in to do the odd job at an abattoir, and a guy showed me this furry looking ****e sack, he said guess what they use these for? I guessed at mittens for eskimos, but he said nope, they put them on a spike, add some flavourings etc, press them, cook them, and you eat them after a few beers on a friday night.
I've stuck to chicken ones ever since.

Your abaittoir does not have anything to do with the actual processed product! they kill we process

powerwrx 15 June 2008 09:16 PM

i asked a while back in my local kebab house, and the answer i got was..i quote '****e'

on that note,1 chicken kebab was ordered:)

StickyMicky 15 June 2008 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Andy Tang (Post 7942188)
When my cousin use to run a fish and chip/kebab place, the "elephant legs" were bought in on the big skewers.

They are made up of lamb/mutton, soya and flavourings. Although there is "meat" in the ingredients, it will be the bits that supermarkets don't sell!!!

that is the reply i was looking for, cheers

the rest of the replys just look like my google search results :lol1:

StickyMicky 15 June 2008 09:33 PM

on a better note, a new local place popped a flyer into the letterbox a few weeks back so i ordered a shish kebab as a test, awesome

it was like big chunks of steak, with "fired" onions and green peppers over the top :D :D

salad was reasonable, but no slice of lemon ?

never had one served with the onions and peppers over the top before, wifey got the chicken one and said it was awesome as well :D

would have gotten another tonight if i had of not lost the pound coins and ended up at "pizza corner" (more like pizza coroner)

zs_phil 15 June 2008 09:40 PM

mixed kebab is where its at :luvlove: